Best Deck in the Game?

babar3355
babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
There has been a lot of chatter about HuF lately so I decided to show you exactly how to build, in my opinion, the strongest deck in the game.  Want to see how to build it and what it looks like in action?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy3q_EnXyzE&t=25s

I actually edited out all player names this time. However, this will be the last time I edit my videos.  Too much of a pain.  Instead I will occasionally link my channel when new content arrives.

Now that we have booster crafting, I can build most decks. If there is one you would like to see please let me know and I am happy to test it out!  Also, thinking I will do a series on my event decks once Ixalan comes out.  Not sure people care enough about the current events.

Comments

• deletedgone
    deletedgone Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    @babar3355

HUF + Deploy is indeed the best combo in the game.  If only you had built the best version of that deck...   ;)

• Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    I disagree, I feel like basic cycling is the best deck in the hands of a human.

It is incredibly fast and consistent, and leaves almost no chance of countering it, because it also runs a ton of interacting, card draw, and life gain
  • TomB
    TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Wow...Perhaps I was a bit too conservative in my HUF/Deploy build... :o
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    My best deck is easily my Dovin Baan Omniscience deck. If it sets up right, I can literally dictate how many cards I want to cast in a turn and how often. 
  • _Daromax_
    _Daromax_ Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    My recent deck is:

Deploy the Gatewatch
    Hazoret's Undying Fury

Heart-Piercer Manticore
    General Tazri
    Decimator of the Provinces
    Resolute Blademaster

Tamiyo's Journal
    Pyramid of the Pantheon
    Desert's Hold
    Gideon's Defeat

The only drawback is that sometimes the sequence of creatures forces you to remove other creature but there is a chance to kill the opponent before attack phase and high chance for double strike.
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,077 Chairperson of the Boards
    My best deck is easily my Dovin Baan Omniscience deck. If it sets up right, I can literally dictate how many cards I want to cast in a turn and how often. 
    Care to share?
    I find that it ultimately fizzles.
  • Grixis197
    Grixis197 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Rashmi with lots of big converters I take really long turns with her sometimes, but also yeah HuF and Deploy nasty
  • ertaii
    ertaii Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    That's basically my deck too. I don't have decimator so I use Samut, and I prefer skysomething (12/12 vehicule that blast everything when it hit the ground) to Emrakul's.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    khurram said:
    Care to share?
    I find that it ultimately fizzles.

An older version is on  my YouTube page, but you get the idea from it. 
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Hey babar, have you tried using Hazoret's Favor in this deck? It would be cool having two Hazoret cards working together, and the haste would be useful if Decimator pops out first.
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Decimator already has haste and gives it to your other creatures.
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Right, but as he mentioned in the video, if 3-4 Decimators are summoned first, you probably aren't going to get more, and Decimator gives haste as an enter the battlefield effect.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    I was lucky and had the HuF, DtG, firegoggles, Decimator and friends long before booster crafting was a thing.  Was very nice, though it only sees its full potential in an Ajani deck (if only, Nahiri, if only...)
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    DBJones said:
    Hey babar, have you tried using Hazoret's Favor in this deck? It would be cool having two Hazoret cards working together, and the haste would be useful if Decimator pops out first.
    Interesting idea with Hazoret's Favor.  I certainly think its a great option for people who don't have Decimator.

I honestly struggle with exactly which supports to use.  I tend to err on the side of card draw.  In fact, I probably should switch either hixus or the mana pyramid for Sunset Pyramid.  I mean lets be honest... the deck is all about drawing HuF... or at least Deploy!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *This thread is now out-dated, as new card sets have been introduced. If you wish to discuss this topic, please discuss it in this thread: Best Deck In The Game Post-RIX?
This discussion has been closed.