Premature Transition to the End Game Pt.2: The Hunt for Gambit

Options
2»

Comments

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you have any plan at some point to transition into a full 5* roster it would be worthwhile to chase Thor. Champing 3 good 5s at once is the best way to take the plunge and DD, Gambit, Thor make a good team. They will be good in Story and in Versus for you, and will give you a very good shield sim team.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was under the impression that Thor was mid tier and kind of slow.  I don't know.  No decision has to be made for like two months when he's set to leave tokens.  All I know is I'm not opening anymore now as I risk pulling a 14th Gambit.  I could pull for Thor or wait for the next broken character to be my third 5.  All I know is I won't be pulling latests until I need to try for the next 5* PVE essential.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Thor is not bad, another better at half health character like DD but instead of healing and strike tiles he adds passive ap generation, possible cascade generation, and damage. Combined with Gambit and DD you have an almost full rainbow, though no active black and no blue, and lots of offensive options. Thor green is AoE also. Mine is only 430, I'm in the process of champing him, but I've started dabbling in sim with that team. It works, well.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I was under the impression that Thor was mid tier and kind of slow.  I don't know.  No decision has to be made for like two months when he's set to leave tokens.  All I know is I'm not opening anymore now as I risk pulling a 14th Gambit.  I could pull for Thor or wait for the next broken character to be my third 5.  All I know is I won't be pulling latests until I need to try for the next 5* PVE essential.
    I initially held the same impression as you, especially when comparing him to the new hot sauce of the meta, Gambit. I guess my initial reservations were that he doesn't really start to shine until his HP breaks that 50% threshold which took some getting used to. However, he has now become my favorite character in-game to use. He is awesome for PvE and makes a great partner for Gambit in PvP.

I also believe he has a lot of future potential as his AP gen will come in handy with any future meta-changers that have a strong red, green or yellow ability (although obviously you don't want complete color overlap), will make a great partner for characters with strong blue, black and/or purple abilities,  and his red will work well with any tile spammers.

He may not be top tier for PvP, but he sure is a lot of fun!
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    [...] will make a great partner for characters with strong blue, black and/or purple abilities
    Coughcoughbrucebannercoughcough

Coughcoughstrongcoughcough