Which terrible 4* should I champ next?

Options
Player1575
Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
Backstory, I just champed Kingpin for my 40th 4* champ since I had 3 covers on the vine for him. I don't have a lot of choices left for champing obviously, hence the dilemma I'm in.

I got a single cover each for venom (Eddie Brock), winter soldier, and ghost rider today. 

Which of these 3 sub-par at best 4*s should I champ next? I could also work on re champing 2*s since I have 5 or 6 unchamped.

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ghost Rider is useful in boss battles. Let the boss hit you for a while, then Penance Stare them. The more health he has, the easier it is to pull off. He'd be my first choice.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm a huge Bucky fangirl in general, so I want to recommend him but yeah, Ghost Rider is probably the most likely of them to actually be useful.
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'd definitely go Ghostrider.  He's useful in certain situations, the other 2 aren't really.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had the exact same dilema a while back.  I ultimately went with Bucky because this thread: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/56176/a-mostly-accurate-4-ranking-updated-9-11#latest listed him significantly higher.  At the time is was (didn't check today these values may have changed):
    WS - 26
    V(EB) - 39
    GR - 43

However TBH I've never used him once in the almost 3 months he's been champed.  Probably wouldn't have the other two either though.  Might be worth waiting till closer to expiration to see if you pull a second for any of them.  Champ rewards are going to be me useful than any of these 3.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    WS was probably the better option before Brock!Venom and Ghost Rider had their rebalances. Now I would say Ghost Rider.

A few people mentioned that Ghost Rider has some additional utility in Boss Battles, but a small point in Venom's favor is that there are only a few 4 and 5 star Villains boosted in the similarly rare Nefarious Foes.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I already have mordo, vulture, carnage, and rhulk champed so nefarious foes is covered. Now that you mention it though, I normally don't have a very good body list for the BFF event, and I believe Winter Soldier is boosted for that. Could make a compelling case for him honestly.

Also the last time he was boosted I only had Nova and Thoress boosted at the same time as him, though I don't know if I'd use him over one of those two...

As far as Ghost Rider goes, I can't remember the last time I had enough trouble with a boss event to need him, though if I did I'd probably want him as a team up instead of him being part of my team.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Flip a coin. Twice if you need. None will move a needle when you have 40 4* championed.

If you need a bit of science - check the 3* farm and the daily rewards. Maybe a second cover is nearby which would help with the decision. On my personal list (none of the 3 championed with almost 50 now done) it's WS, GR and V (but GR and V are the last two I will champion if I have any choice - for the Penance Stare a TU is much better).
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZeiramMR said:
    WS was probably the better option before Brock!Venom and Ghost Rider had their rebalances. Now I would say Ghost Rider.

A few people mentioned that Ghost Rider has some additional utility in Boss Battles, but a small point in Venom's favor is that there are only a few 4 and 5 star Villains boosted in the similarly rare Nefarious Foes.

Ghost Rider is one of the few boosted fourstars in Divine Champions (I Believe it is just him, Thor and Moon Knight), so that's Another argument in his favor. I guess Winter Soldier is losing out a bit...
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would say Venom, since he has a specific niche that scales best. Unboosted he can still nullify all protects, which is useful against 4* Cage, the hand's Smoke bomb, mindless ones, 2* Bullseye on scl 9, or when the enemy team up Loki turns one of your strikes into a protect. And hes one of only a few characters that make enemy tiles.

Unboosted Winter Soldier is too expensive. Ghost rider is just weak. He's kinda fun when you get his green down to 6 ap, but I rarely get any use of his penance stare. He's ok for spamming attack tiles.

• Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm going to second the Venom vote.  This wasn't my original idea, but someone on Facebook pointed out that Venom is going to really pair well with Kraven the Hunter.  Venom produces enemy protect tiles, Kraven destroys enemy special tiles for damage.
  • STERLING21JJ
    STERLING21JJ Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'd champ WS if you anywhere near the daily play streak area of 900-1000+ cause if I remember right you get three covers on days for winter soldier somewhere around there.  I like him more than ghost rider whose best ability doesn't depend on him being high level and never been a fan of Eddie.