You know you're getting stronger when...

2»

Comments

• STERLING21JJ
    STERLING21JJ Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    when i can do a pve clear on cl9 in 35ish mins
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    When you no longer fear max champed 3s.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    When you hit the wall of Gambolt teams and realize there is literally no way to ever have a roster advantage unless you spend fifty grand to get maxchamped 5*s.
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2018
    Jarvind said:
    When you hit the wall of Gambolt teams and realize there is literally no way to ever have a roster advantage unless you spend fifty grand to get maxchamped 5*s.
    Slight exaggeration.  With a decent roster to start with, the HP sale and Digital Day you could max champ your 5*s for a much more 'reasonable' 5-10 grand.  And some people did just that.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Jarvind said:
    Slight exaggeration.  With a decent roster to start with, the HP sale and Digital Day you could max champ your 5*s for a much more 'reasonable' 5-10 grand.  And some people did just that.
    I need that "gun to the head" emoji right now...
  • Avalanche Kincaid
    Avalanche Kincaid Posts: 83 Match Maker
    When you realize using undercovered unleveled 4* America, boosted 5*, and 5* thor uses zero HP and is faster then thanos in PVE
  • JuanAV2141
    JuanAV2141 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    When you skip Hell's Kitchen during Enemy of the State because it's boring and still reach full progression. #success
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    When you skip Hell's Kitchen during Enemy of the State because it's boring[.] ...
    It certainly is that! Kind of the opposite of Hell's Kitchen in real life, actually...
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    When you can't remember the last time you lost a PvE match, other than an SCL 9 5* essential, or maybe one of the nastier wave nodes.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    When you beat up 5*s in pvp with your 4*s, while your 5* champs warm the bench.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    For me, I know I'm getting stronger when my defensive victory increases in PvP. When I first started playing, I was eating 100 to 150 points losses frequently when I log in to the game the following day. Now I'm earning a few defensive victories but I'm still getting net losses. On the bright side, at least my net losses have decreased.

For PvE, I remember that I tried SCL 4 for the GotG event which featured the Mindless Ones enemies one or two months back. Back then I only have level ~100-110 2*, and my teams and healthpacks got decimated by them. That experience with the Mindless Ones sent me packing back to SCL3 for the following events. *Shudders @ dealing 1 damage and eating ever increasing strike and attack tiles*  Now, I'm playing SCL 5 with not much problems in the current PvE featuring other minions. Probably, I will need to see if I can handle the full group of Mindless Ones in whatever events they would be featured in.

I know Dr. Strange helps a lot but I don't have him currently. Even if I have him, I don't think I would use him because it looks like he will take the excitement and fun out of my PvE experience.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know Dr. Strange helps a lot but I don't have him currently. Even if I have him, I don't think I would use him because it looks like he will take the excitement and fun out of my PvE experience.
    Trust me, you want him. He'll cut down on your clear times in any goon nodes, which will increase your chances at placing better and getting better rewards. You'll also save on healthpacks. 
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    I remember when I was in 3* land that I felt I had made it when The Hood didn't bother me anymore. I use to hate going against him because he would steal all my ap and I would have to use match damage to down him which usually resulted in my team being beaten or needing multiple health packs. 
    The Hood was definitely annoying, but for me it was Gorgon. He used to give me a lot of trouble, especially in the longer wave nodes where he'd pop up twice, once early, then again in the last wave. Then EOTS had its turn (again) several months ago, and I just crushed Gorgon & Co., and didn't think anything about it at the time, then later went, "Waaaaait a minute. He was that guy!"

I'm also with Alexis on this one, too. When I'm doing PvP and I see someone with a single cover 5*, or maybe they have all 3 covers but are still only ~255. That's a paddlin' ;)
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    You start using your boosted 4* in Story again instead of your 5*.
  • Keirain1982
    Keirain1982 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Crash of the Titans used to worry you because you have underpowered 4*s, but now you look forward to them because you're confident you'll be able to handle whatever they throw at you :)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    When your boosted Cloak & Dagger finishes your PvE clear and still has full health.