wingX
wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
Currently below is the 4* that I have fully covered but not yet champed:

Agent Coulson: 5/5/3
Riri: 4/5/4
Star-lord: 4/5/4
Nick: 4/5/4
Kingpin: 3/5/5

I also have 1 Nick blue and 1 Kingpin yellow covers on the vine.
With only enough ISO to champ 2 characters, should I champ Kingpin and Nick or should I reserve the ISO to champ the other better characters in the future?

Thank you.

Comments

• CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It kind of depends on how quickly you can gather the iso to champ someone else, and how many champed 4*s you currently have.

Generally I tried to go with the covers, and you could keep them in the queue until about to expire to see if someone you'd like champed more turns up. There were a number of characters that I sold multiple covers for to champ others (Venom, Flaptain, etc.), so I'd have no qualms about selling a cover for either of those two.
    On top of all that though, Riri is very good fun boosted, and should be up soon.

http://mpqtips.com/weekly-buffed-characters/

• wingX
    Options
    CT1888 said:
    It kind of depends on how quickly you can gather the iso to champ someone else, and how many champed 4*s you currently have.

Generally I tried to go with the covers, and you could keep them in the queue until about to expire to see if someone you'd like champed more turns up. There were a number of characters that I sold multiple covers for to champ others (Venom, Flaptain, etc.), so I'd have no qualms about selling a cover for either of those two.
    On top of all that though, Riri is very good fun boosted, and should be up soon.

Currently I have 3 4*champed, Carol, Gamora and Devil Dino and I only play PVE and PVP casually. Thus I don't think I can gather enough ISO to champ new one.

If you get to choose 1 either KIngpin or Nick to champ, which one will you choose. For me, Kingpin can work with Carol and Gamora, but he seem to be weaker than Nick (due to recent change for both of them) and also he is at optimal cover now. The only time he need to be 5/5/3 is with Iceman and Switch. As for Nick, his best build is with 5 covers at yellow, but there is not many characters that work well with him.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Coulson is already in his best build for my taste, so I'd let him wait. Riri's blue gets so much better at 5 Covers that it might be worth going for her even without a Cover on the vine. St4rLord, I know basically nothing about.

Of the two who do have covers waiting, I like Fury better, but neither is top tier.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Riri & Coulson.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With only 3 champs, I'd go for those who you can get use out of even when not boosted, so as above, Riri and Coulson, but I'd also consider Starlord.
    Riri packs a punch and self accelerates blue into red.
    Coulson works really well with Carol.
    Starlord's yellow will get things going quickly (I can imagine SL, Gamora and Carol could be fun, with 4 blue stuns being thrown about).

Coulson and Starlord's passives work well even if not champed,  so depending on what level they currently are, you could champ Riri and take the other two to 209 so they have a bit more of a punch.

As a casual player, you probably want fun characters and ones that let you play efficiently - and i'd put these 3 well above the other 2 in both respects.

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You are at the beginning of 4* game so I would advice going with quality over quantity (or the extra LT they bring). Star-Lord can be a God in PvE and that is your main game anyway (if not - it should be). Set his yellow and purple at 5 and enjoy tearing the goon nodes with Gamora and Carol. When he is boosted you might want the extra punch of the Red but otherwise don't bother. 

Second on the list - Riri - she is very good if played right and could pair well with Gamora, Carol and SL. 

Third on the list - Coulson. I am not a huge fan as he need a good partner to show all love. 

Nick and Kingpin are bottom level and I have always aimed and championing the highet tier heros first, regardles of the covers wasted along the way.
  • wingX
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice, everyone!

Some of my though going through when deciding is whether are Kingpin and Nick optimally cover and whether who they work well with.

Kingpin (at 5/5/3) goes well with Iceman and IM40 and also can have combo with 4*Carol and 4*Gamora when he is at 3/5/5. Thus if I champ Kingpin, I can switch between this 2 'modes' (3/5/5/vs 5/5/3)
    As for Nick, he should be 5/-/- and can switch mode after champing on his blue and purple depend on situation. However for him, I cant think of a good team with him.

I just realized that I have some extra 2* from farming that just are at level 144 and after I sold all of them, I would have enough to champ all 5.
    However, I look at my character that are at 12 covers now and there are as followed:

Hulkbuster, Wasp, Medusa, Antman (the funny thing is all of them are at 5/2/5, which are not optimally covered, and chances of fully cover them are low).

They all are better than Kingpin and Nick and after some thought, I think so far I come to the conclusion that I will not champ Nick and Kingpin (maybe unless I got more cover for them before they expired, my opinion can still change although :D ).

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kingpin was changed couple of month ago and his utility is much lower now (he was upper mid tier, now he is low). Nick is low tier for a long time. 

Since you have ISO i suggest you champion Star-Lord and maybe Riri and... spend the 120 CP immediately and Champion Medusa. She is crazy good, works well with Carol, would work with Riri, hell - she even has the extra countdown on for Star-Lord Red. If there is one 4* that is worth spending 120 CP to champion it's going to be Medusa (with Carol being 1B to Medusa 1A but you have her already).