**** Kraven the Hunter (Sergei Kravinoff) ****

Comments

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAC169 said:
    Edit: why are people voting if we don't know the numbers yet? Why is there even a poll already?
    Of course, I notice (so far) they all agree 5 in the passive... 
    I think it is a poll because this new forum doesn't let them add polls to existing threads.  At least that's what they've said when people asked about other character threads missing the polls.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    3/5/5/
    Holy over moderation, batman!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    DAC169 said:
    [redacted]? [redacted] Dazzler? [redacted]?! [redacted] Dazzler! [redacted]!

Sounds like [something] [something] dark side [something] [something] the Force.
    Family Guy Dazzler spoof episode confirmed!
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    5/5/3
    Could this be one particular hunter ? Trap tiles and this:
    https://news.marvel.com/comics/82738/flashback-friday-kraven/ 

Nothing is a coincidence with Marvel. 

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmmm.  A character in a canceled comic was our last 4*.  Synergy doesn’t always work out.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    D4Ni13 said:

I hope it is not any kind of hunter, because I do not want the post-release Story Event (or any story event) to be The Hunt again for a longer period of time.
  • bluewolf
    ZeiramMR said:
    D4Ni13 said:

I hope it is not any kind of hunter, because I do not want the post-release Story Event (or any story event) to be The Hunt again for a longer period of time.
    The Hunt 4 day was run 8/24/17.  It’s actually pretty likely....
  • bluewolf
    D4Ni13 said:

Lucky guess I suppose....or...?

https://news.marvel.com/games/82827/piecing-together-marvel-puzzle-quest-kraven/
  • D4Ni13
    edited January 2018
    5/5/3
    bluewolf said:
    D4Ni13 said:

Lucky guess I suppose....or...?

https://news.marvel.com/games/82827/piecing-together-marvel-puzzle-quest-kraven/
    It was kind of strange to reference him just 3 days ago on Marvel, that's why I thought about him. They are paying attention to what they publish usually and they make tie ins.

He looks so good. Hardly wait to get him.
  • bluewolf
    He does look good. I find it ironic that Kraven is both a Rocket counter and will push him into Vintage status next season.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    3/5/5/
    Edited because apparently I can't read.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    I would go 5/5/3. 9420 damage for 10/13 AP looks fine to me. His blue ability at 10AP doesn't  motivate me to put more numbers in it. Does the abillity steal from empty colour pool?  I read a discussion in a 5* Gambit thread that some AP stealing/reducing abilities target empty colour pool as well.
  • bluewolf
    @Cthulhu  On the announcement thread was this clarification:

For the Think Like the Enemy power, this power has been changed to if there are 6 enemy Special tiles (4 at Power level 4), reduce all enemy tile strength and deal damage. 

The description here doesn’t quite reflect that (it says 5 tiles at level 4) and I’m wondering which is correct.  Thanks!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    Think Like the Enemy - 0 purpletilepng AP (PASSIVE)
    (PASSIVE) Kraven studies how to turn his prey's strengths against them before laying his snare.  At the beginning of the turn, if there are at least 5 enemy Strike, Attack, or Protect tiles on the board, Kraven reduces their strength by 46 and deals 65 damage.
    • (Level 2) Reduce the strength by 55 and deal 65 damage.
    • (Level 3) Deal 158 damage and reduce Special tile threshold to 5.
    • (Level 4) Reduce the strength by 64 and deal 334 damage.
    • (Level 5) Deal 673 damage.
    • MAX LEVEL:
    • (Level 3) Reduces enemy Strike, Attack or Protect tiles strength by 108 and deals 306 damage.
    • (Level 4) Reduce the strength by 126 and deal 648 damage.
    • (Level 5) Deals 1305 damage
    I copied this from the first topic in this thread. Am I right to say from level 2 onwards, it will include invisibility/countdown and other special tiles I can't think of (apart from those three mentioned) to satisfy the 4? Or 5? Special tiles requirement.

Probably, they have not updated it yet or they missed out when updating.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/5/5/
    I just noticed they spelled his name wrong. Its Sergei, not Sergie.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    I would go 5/5/3. 9420 damage for 10/13 AP looks fine to me. His blue ability at 10AP doesn't  motivate me to put more numbers in it. Does the abillity steal from empty colour pool?  I read a discussion in a 5* Gambit thread that some AP stealing/reducing abilities target empty colour pool as well.
    Agreed with 5/5/3. The trap tile is going to be useful while it's present, of course, but there's no effect from "destroyed" only matched, and that effect looks unimpressive. Compare this Blue to Wasp's passive.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    Definitely 5/5/3. Consider that if the enemy matches the trap, they get the tile conversion on their turn, potentially causing cascades. I mean, maybe you’re the kind of person that wants the AI to get cascades. You do you, but I want to get back to my turn, thanks.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    For his purple: Do there have to be 5 special tiles of a specific type on the board, or is it 5 special tiles overall?
  • D4Ni13
    edited January 2018
    5/5/3
    Uhh, the numbers hit my expectations into oblivion. I think he suffers (like Sandman) for the fact that he is part of the Sinister Six, and there will be times when you will play against him. So his threat is to the low side. 

I mean, why did it was necessary to limit his AP destruction on Wounded Pride to only 3 AP ? Why not destroy all AP ? First off, it's a CD tile that can be matched, and it deals maximum 9420 damage when it had so much potential. It already cost 10 AP, more than Carol or Gamora (in a color that cannot be reduced to cost less), and it is very dependable on the enemy AP. Considering the fact that you steal AP with his blue, you can sabotage his black ability by simply having a trap tile on the board. Speaking of blue, another underwhelming ability. 1469 damage for matching a 10AP ability tile ? The damage is not worth considering raising blue to more than 3 covers, while 1 extra tile conversion is a slap in the face to another ability that had a lot of potential. 

My belief is that they where scared of what Sandman & Kraven would look like together in a hard node, but this is a stupid reason (in my book) to release him like this. 

Guess he will be used like Grocket, for the passive. Very disappointed. I'm going with 5-5-3, because there is no point in building him otherwise. 

Shame, because his artwork is really great.

EDIT:
     Kraven places 1 Trap tile(s) on the board

And why does it say tile(s) if he only places one at a time ? is the description wrong ? 

• himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    His purple screams Medusa/R&BabyG/Gamora counter, reducing all of them to 1 in a few turns while dealing damage. Can't wait to get him because I'm tired of seeing that team everywhere.