Double damage has no purpose in this game. Remove it please

Hottwhyrd
Hottwhyrd Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
They say it's to speed up the game, but no one asked for that. Every match is completely dependant on RNG. I get that. But with double damage, the players ability to deal with a bad Cascade is non existent.  I have 4 losses in HOR.  Twice I was killed by my own creatures no miracle Cascades when victory was mine.  And ive lost plenty of points simply because I was matched against Chandra 1 who will do -16 damage on very few turns.

I'm not saying I lost only because of double damage.  But I would have had a chance to counter it if I had been given a few more turns.  If 8 want to save myself "time" I'll just ragequit a hopeless match

Comments

• ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    The biggest problem w the enrage mechanic is you don’t get to actually play your deck.  Everything has to be slanted towards speed, because the game will end extremely rapidly once the x2 kicks in.
  • Hottwhyrd
    Hottwhyrd Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Or it's just a first to Cascade. Or best early card draws. Or as I said.... IT ALL RNG
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,077 Chairperson of the Boards
    Enraged matches were all the rage during SOI block. And it did make sense according to the theme of that set. But it has been here too long and not needed in the later sets. They should come up with some other game modes now instead of enraged.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have never liked it much, but even less now. It's just lazy game design to put in all of the events designed after SOI. 
  • Emanon2000
    Emanon2000 Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    I love to hate it... I hate to love it...  There are times it is a blessing... Other times its a nightmare...  I give one positive for it... It forces different deck designs to deal with the situation.  I would vote to keep it as my love hate for it is 51% love it... 49% hate it... lol.
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Honestly I think Supercharged is underutilized, a nice way to accelerate a deck. More cards played is more fun if you ask me.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree that Supercharged should see more play.  It speeds the game up AND you get to play your strategy.  Best of both worlds lol.

I think enraged has its place, maybe as an optional event that people who don't like don't have to play (Much like Nodes of Power, etc), but never as a coalition event...that just isn't fair.
  • EldrosKandar
    EldrosKandar Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    If it weren't for enraged and the faster pace of the event, I couldn't keep up with the flood of events.
  • AdriA
    AdriA Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Since the first time I played against Koth I didn't like enraged battle.
  • HypnoticSpecter
    HypnoticSpecter Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    As someone with limited time to spend on this game, I also like the faster pace. I'm very open to accomplishing a faster pace through other means though.
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    As someone with limited time to spend on this game, I also like the faster pace. I'm very open to accomplishing a faster pace through other means though.

supercharged can get you faster games
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Enraged is such a troll mechanic given various event objectives and the average size they’ve settled on for creatures.

Dropping Samut after enrage and you don’t have a defender gaurentees you’re not getting that “lose 15 or less life” objective as you just took 28 when she hit the field. Same thing with Glorybringer failing you the objective before you can even respond. 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    wereotter said:
    Enraged is such a troll mechanic given various event objectives and the average size they’ve settled on for creatures.

Dropping Samut after enrage and you don’t have a defender gaurentees you’re not getting that “lose 15 or less life” objective as you just took 28 when she hit the field. Same thing with Glorybringer failing you the objective before you can even respond. 
    The thing is, you can (and should) be planning for those eventualities if that is the objective.  Use Farm and/or Gideon's Defeat (in legacy there are many more options), or just, you know, put defenders/reach in your deck.
    I use Orbs of Warding a lot now, since I find they help a lot for these situations.  Others I know use Insidious Will or other denial cards.  There are plenty of options

I fully agree that its annoying, but its not necessarily the enraged's fault.  Those cards will ruin your take x or less most of the time anyway if you're not prepared
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Mburn7 said:
    wereotter said:

The thing is, you can (and should) be planning for those eventualities if that is the objective.  Use Farm and/or Gideon's Defeat (in legacy there are many more options), or just, you know, put defenders/reach in your deck.
    I use Orbs of Warding a lot now, since I find they help a lot for these situations.  Others I know use Insidious Will or other denial cards.  There are plenty of options

I fully agree that its annoying, but its not necessarily the enraged's fault.  Those cards will ruin your take x or less most of the time anyway if you're not prepared
    There are solutions. Yes. Point is. What if your defenses were just killed? Or their last creature just blew up your Gideon’s Defeat then they drop a haste creature or blow it up before their creature comes down?

Youre blaming the victim when no single card should be able to lose you an objective as soon as it’s cast. The objectives and mechanics are just as much at fault as the rest. 
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    One thing I would like to see is something like Supercharged for loyalty. Good for decks with high ability synergy.
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    One thing I would like to see is something like Supercharged for loyalty. Good for decks with high ability synergy.

Interesting idea that is!
    That could make some walkers a bit overpowered though. 
  • Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    The reason we wanted more enraged events back in the day was because the game animations were so slow they were pissing us off. The enraged events helped speed the games up. After they fixed the game speed enraged is pointless to me.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like enraged, I like supercharged as well. They both have a place :)