New 5-Star Gambit Stacked Deck - Node Strategies

Options
System
System Posts: 1,024 Chairperson of the Boards
This discussion was created from comments split from: Today's 5* Gambit node.

Comments

• Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So now that Gambit has been nerfed, how has anyone else with only Black covers handled this?

4* R&G, 4* Gamora got me through the 1st attempt, but fell flat on further attempts.  Eventually had to burn my last Whales TU to get my 3 CP.  I would have used my Deadpool for Whales, but when ever Gambit got under Deadpool’s health, LIFE OF THE PARTY!
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yep.  My Gambit is a 0/1/1.  Combine the two of them with 4-star Star Lord to make it so you can cast Mind over Matter every 4 turns, and it's a piece of cake.  Has anyone in the forums mentioned that Gambit *might* need to be nerfed a bit?  :)
    Who ever said anything about a nerf?!?!?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just wondering.  As 5* Gambit's Stacked Deck explicitly states "Gambit's allies may not fire Purple or Red powers", how is it possible to fire Mind over Matter, as it's a purple power?
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just wondering.  As 5* Gambit's Stacked Deck explicitly states "Gambit's allies may not fire Purple or Red powers", how is it possible to fire Mind over Matter, as it's a purple power?
    Since you posted that comment I looked back at the earlier ones, someone dredged up an old thread. OP was from November
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    Since you posted that comment I looked back at the earlier ones, someone dredged up an old thread. OP was from November

Ah yes, the clues were all there.  It's obviously Dazzler.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    OJSP said:
    What CL are you playing? If the opponents’ levels are not too high, you could use Prof X and Thing. Get Prof X invisible, use Thing to stun and make protect tiles, while Prof X makes other tiles and then buff those tiles while invisible. Add: just let Gambit make the AP and sacrifice him.
    Prof X invisibilty is purple though....
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    No way I can do this anymore as my 5* Gambit is worthless beyond spamming AP.  He's still at 0/0/4 as he was back when I started this thread.  RNGesus has not been kind to my Gambit since his nerfing
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Smart80 said:
    OJSP said:
    What CL are you playing? If the opponents’ levels are not too high, you could use Prof X and Thing. Get Prof X invisible, use Thing to stun and make protect tiles, while Prof X makes other tiles and then buff those tiles while invisible. Add: just let Gambit make the AP and sacrifice him.
    Prof X invisibilty is purple though....
    Aye. That’s why I added to sacrifice Gambit after making the APs.
    My bad. As long as Gambit will tank it could be last resort. In 9 it will take quite some time. RnG boosted with stunning Gamora would prob be my prefered team in this situation..