4* DDQ: Cyclops vs Hulkbuster

Very easy win for my lv. 279 5/3/5 Cyke.  Started off with a blue match-5, quickly used Called Shot and Uncanny Strategist to fill his red and had over 10 TU AP so the Combined Forces quickly finished him off.

LT gave me a Champion Kate Bishop cover bringing her to level 273 and a bonus C4rol bringing her to lv 303

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    If looks could kill...
    Oh wait, Cyclops' looks can kill. Easy win as always.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Easy win.

5* Thor from token.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,570 Chairperson of the Boards
    As mentioned in the general forum, this one was an interesting one for me. I started the day with a lvl 209 Cyke at 4/5/3 and I made a thread about whether to buy HFH. I decided to try and win the crash first but IMHB beat me down both times as my red was too weak and team-up ap just wasn't happening even with a + 2 boost. So I decided to go in search of the blue cover my 3* Cyke was due to cough up at 223. After opening everything I had 3* Cyke at 222! However, then PvP season awards arrived, huzzah, 3 more Heroics! The first 2 were 2* but then miracle of miracles, the last one was 3* Cyke! 4* Cyke was quickly champed and I finally got to experience the full power of his red for the win! It was still a bit of a nervy time waiting for the 10 team up ap to fire red but I got it with 2k health to spare.

My favourite Crash yet!

• thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Took two tries with a 3/2/5 lvl 188. Needed two full strength Reds to make it happen and couldn't collect enough TU tiles the first go around.

Purple Nico to 2/0/2
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    5/3/5 lv.277

Tried to beat him to reds and blues, but failed on the reds and he took off half my hit points. Fortunately he is a 1 trick pony and before he could fire another ability I hit him with combined forces and called shot for the win.

Token to the hoard.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    What do you think my chances are with 3/5/1 level 192? Unfortunately having 5 covers in the colour that doesnt do any damage isnt helping that much, although I appreciate it does directly feed his red
  • iron-n-wine
    What do you think my chances are with 3/5/1 level 192? Unfortunately having 5 covers in the colour that doesnt do any damage isnt helping that much, although I appreciate it does directly feed his red
    update - with no boosts, I just had HB down to 1500 health, so seems very do-able
  • iron-n-wine
    update - with no boosts, I just had HB down to 1500 health, so seems very do-able
    I probably should have tried a couple of times before posting at all ahaha - got it on the 4th go with a relentless barrage of red, being fed by yellow and blue

Token was a 5* Gambit black ... I hear he's pretty good
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not too many issues for my 5/3/5 Level 275. Got him first try, no boosts. Finished with 7111 health. Token to the hoard. 

I finished my first move with 7 TU AP, so hit the 10 threshold pretty easily. Uncanny Strategist helped fuel Combined Forces. The AI did manage to get just enough red to fire Repulsor Punch, but a Called Shot later, and it was all over. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not having much luck with my 5/2/0 Cyclops (currently at level 152: can add another 16 levels at most).  With no blue power, there's a limit to how well I can deny red.  And at his current level, it'd require two full power shots of his red to take down Iron Man.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    First try for my 5/4/4 level 214 Cyclops. I didn't have much luck with team-ups or yellow (I ended the fight with 4 yellow AP, and never cast his yellow skill once), but the red was falling for me. I imagine Hulkbuster was cursing me for being a cheater, as I had 22 red AP by the time he had six. blue->red->red did the deed. My reward was a handsome Blade, bringing him to my highest level character at 284.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    No luck so far with my 4/2/3 188. Neither red nor blue hit hard enough, and if HB gets any one of his three colours it's either lights out or perilously close to it. On my last attempt, I started out all right, fired a full strength red, but he cascaded into blue, then on the next move, which sadly started with ample green on the board, he exploded the board into red and ended up with 16 or so red. I bailed.

I'll keep at it but I'm not confident.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,570 Chairperson of the Boards
    I found in all 3 of my fights that red AP denial is very difficult as a tactic and as Cyke needs 10 TU Ap for his red to hit hard, you have an extra job. Maybe try bring a red/yellow boost, team-up boost and either an X-men boost or all colour damage boost to try and chip a way at Hulkbuster's health through match damage and blue until you can fire red with TU 10. This is definitely a tough one though.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Where in the 9 realms did you hear a crazy rumor like that?
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I got him, at last; a lucky board gave me lots of R/B/Y to work with, several critical hits, and only let him punch me once. Then he actually committed suicide with Overdrive; I was going to finish him off on my next move anyway.

I didn't pull the Legendary token yet but I did go back and pull a couple of Tacos because for whatever reason the 22,000 progression came in late.

And wouldn't you know it: Cyclops red. That's his fifth, and would've made this fight a helluvalot easier :-P
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    Took IMHB down in 1 try with my level 94 5/1/3 Cyclops. Didn’t use any boosts either, so I guess I got lucky. 
  • iron-n-wine
    broll said:
    Where in the 9 realms did you hear a crazy rumor like that?
    A little place I like to call the internets
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    I must admit that I'm jealous of those that have a challenge with these crashes, trying to get the win with undercovered 4*'s is some of the most fun I've had playing this game.
    On topic:  no worries with my champed Cyclops.  Token to the hoard.