Premature transition to the end game??

124»

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    Before gambit leaves pull for him!!!! Your 4's are going to end up being as useful as your 2* farm stop champing them and save ISO for 5's until comfortable then resume champing 4's 3's 2's they're all the same.
    I know you’re trying to be helpful but you’re illustrating exactly why I’m not in a hurry to jump to the 5* tier. I’m going to pull to try and cover Gambit before he leaves for sure, but I’m not going to champ him anytime soon. I don’t know if I’ll ever want to jump to the 5 tier, but if I ever do I’d like the option of god-mode Gambit. I know if I wait for him to fall into classics that won’t happen. Rather have him and not need him than need him and not have him.  
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Before gambit leaves pull for him!!!! Your 4's are going to end up being as useful as your 2* farm stop champing them and save ISO for 5's until comfortable then resume champing 4's 3's 2's they're all the same.
    I know you’re trying to be helpful but you’re illustrating exactly why I’m not in a hurry to jump to the 5* tier. I’m going to pull to try and cover Gambit before he leaves for sure, but I’m not going to champ him anytime soon. I don’t know if I’ll ever want to jump to the 5 tier, but if I ever do I’d like the option of god-mode Gambit. I know if I wait for him to fall into classics that won’t happen. Rather have him and not need him than need him and not have him.  
    I think this is an excellent strategy. Keep your options open.
  • The_A_Train
    The_A_Train Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Just want to share my recent adventure with you:

I cracked my hoard when AA entered tokens and I was exceptionally lucky in the 5* department. It basically forced me to champ Thor and prepare for AA and Gambit. I was nervous...hell, I'm still nervous. I can tell you, though, that those three make the game fun like it hasn't been since I got into 4* land. I'm sure there's a few dark days ahead since I sold 7 max champed 3*s, but it was worth it!

Waiting on cs to swap a cover and I'll take AA up to 450 and then I'll hoard for a while and hope for another gambit cover and do the same for him. 

PvP is difficult but it's a new kind of fun. PvE is a blast! I'm normally excited about 48 hour subs but I was really disappointed last night because I didnt get to play with my team more. 

I don't want to push you into something you dont want, but you're in a much better place than I am (only ~21 champ 4*) and may find some enjoyment in 5* land. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mileage being B.O.P. And their rewards for extra covers only. They have no other use.
    Play against a 479 Medusa, or use one yourself.
    You're welcome.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle said:
    Mileage being B.O.P. And their rewards for extra covers only. They have no other use.
    You're welcome.
    479 4* are highly highly useful.  I prefer them over using 5s whenever possible.  Gamora + Dusa was shredding teams during their boost week for me.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    You're welcome.
    479 4* are highly highly useful.  I prefer them over using 5s whenever possible.  Gamora + Dusa was shredding teams during their boost week for me.
    Yep, this is exactly the reason Gambit needs to be brought back to earth.
    I want to use my 4s again.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    While I’ll be the first to criticize the devs, the majority of releases in the past 6-12 months, especially the 4 star tier have really been nothing short of excellent.  So many well designed, balanced, powerful toons.  Makes me wish they’d reevaluate some of the old ones for power creep, but that’s the nature of the beast.  4s are an invaluable resource well beyond just being reward fodder.