Cover swap store

We all hate pulling a LT and it turns out to be a 6th cover right. Well would it be better if they made a cover swap store where we can swap the 6th cover for a different cover of the same character right. We would love that right. What do you think?

Comments

• Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    In a free to play game, adding a mechanic like that wouldn't make sense. However, that said, if it were to cost money to swap the cover, then it would make sense. Would you be okay paying a price to swap a cover?
  • First21
    First21 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Yah I was thinking 25 HP of more. Depending what the devs think 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lol. 25 HP, sure sure.

Try 250 CP for a 5* cover, even that seems on the low end.
  • First21
    First21 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Yah that seems right Or 500CP or 1000
  • Nellyson
    First21 said:
    Yah I was thinking 25 HP of more. Depending what the devs think 

That's not paying a price. Like, you need to feel it to pay the price. If you to use HP, it would have to be like 10,000 for a 5. They don't give those out cheaply. But realistically, you're looking at CP to swap a 5* cover, and you could do like the 2500 HP for a 4*.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why should it be so high, it is only a max of 8 covers where the colour actuslly matters out of 113, it seems stupid to so harshly punish people for **** luck with rng. 

Making it a nominal fee wouldn't hurt the sales to whales, they would just have a few more levels on their champs and others might spend more if it was less likely that they would be wasting their money. 
  • Nellyson
    Crowl said:
    Why should it be so high, it is only a max of 8 covers where the colour actuslly matters out of 113, it seems stupid to so harshly punish people for tinykitty luck with rng. 

Making it a nominal fee wouldn't hurt the sales to whales, they would just have a few more levels on their champs and others might spend more if it was less likely that they would be wasting their money. 

Because this is a free to play game. Nominal fees aren't part of the free to play model. I ask you this, where in this game do you get something for a nominal fee and it's not random?
  • 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    I’d pay 500 hero points max, to swap a 4* cover every so often.
  • Claypigeon
    Claypigeon Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    0_efx_0 said:
    I’d pay 500 hero points max, to swap a 4* cover every so often.
    That's the price of two event tokens  That's too low.  That would throw out the value of event tokens and completely change that side of the game and would have possible associated run on issues.

They'd probably be similar to what's happening the magic: puzzle quest right now imo only infinitely worse.
  • hammajama
    hammajama Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    I think they should use the CP required to raise a level or purchase a cover as a standard. You can level a 4* straight up for 120CP so it should be cheaper with your “trade in” cover.
  • 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    hammajama said:
    I think they should use the CP required to raise a level or purchase a cover as a standard. You can level a 4* straight up for 120CP so it should be cheaper with your “trade in” cover.
    So your thinking it should cost more CP when you acquired the cover you don’t need?

20-25 CP — Then aquire 4* cover that you don’t need — Spend more CP to cover swap that cover?

Interesting...yet I’d be skeptical about the idea if I start getting nothing but duplicate covers that I don’t need and my only choice would be to cover swap.

*That’s just me thinking negative though.*
  • hammajama
    hammajama Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    edited January 2018
    0_efx_0 said:
    hammajama said:
    So your thinking it should cost more CP when you acquired the cover you don’t need?

20-25 CP — Then aquire 4* cover that you don’t need — Spend more CP to cover swap that cover?

Interesting...yet I’d be skeptical about the idea if I start getting nothing but duplicate covers that I don’t need and my only choice would be to cover swap.

That's a good point. I was just bringing those costs up as a bar to figure out fair value but you're right. I wasn't being skeptical enough. I could see that becoming a common complaint very quickly (myself included).
  • Claypigeon
    Claypigeon Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    hammajama said:
    0_efx_0 said:
    hammajama said:

That's a good point. I was just bringing those costs up as a bar to figure out fair value but you're right. I wasn't being skeptical enough. I could see that becoming a common complaint very quickly (myself included).
    Hmmm thinking realistically, if they'd have to probably cost it higher than just leveling up an ability you already have because hypothetically you can use it to acquire one that you don't have yet.   I'd say probably 150CP to swap.  I know that sounds steep. :/
  • JRYUART
    JRYUART Posts: 95 Match Maker
    edited January 2018
    Colorless covers are often discussed as a panacea for the dupe latest legends covers but wouldn’t it make more sense to implement the ability to respec latest 5’s before they are champed?  Maybe add it to the benefits of being a VIP, I know it would certainly incentivize me to consider that added value of becoming a monthly paying customer.  If D3 *really* wanted to be generous, throw in the ability to respec all 5’s before champing as part of VIP so that on the extremely rare occurrence that a classic dupe cover is pulled, it can still be used.  I’m not a programmer but it seems that it wouldn’t be too difficult to implement seeing as how a respec’ing system already exists.  @Brigby can you please suggest to the dev team?
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Interesting idea, but it shouldn't be limited to vip when rng is more than happy to spread it's mayhem throughout the playerbase.