MPQ Sneak Peek: January 2018 Edition *Updated (1/24/18)

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Re: Crash order.  There is some rule they use, but I am not sure what it is.  I believe it is based on internal names for characters while in development.

In any case, the current prediction is the following:
    Prof X
    Cyclops
    Rogue
    Thing
    Invisible Woman
    Cloak & Dagger
    Nightcrawler
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Re: Crash order.  There is some rule they use, but I am not sure what it is.  I believe it is based on internal names for characters while in development.

In any case, the current prediction is the following:
    Prof X
    Cyclops
    Rogue
    Thing
    Invisible Woman
    Cloak & Dagger
    Nightcrawler
    I sometimes wonder if I'm borderline OCD, because I feel like it bothers me more then it should that this order is so jumbled. 

They all have the "Classic" designation or qualifier or whatever that's called. The Crash order is based on the alphabetical order of these designation. With multiple characters using the same designation, the order should then be determined by their actual name.

They got it right with all the "Awesome Mix Vol. 2" Guardians characters. This order should be Cloak & Dagger, Cyclops, Invisible Woman, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Thing. 

They also have Sam coming before Peggy. Regardless of if they're alphabetizing by first name or last name, they're wrong. Peggy comes before Sam, Carter before Wilson. 

I think someone else mentioned the Gwens being flip flopped too, although I can't remember them specifically the last time we ran through their Crashes. 
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    But 'Flaptain' comes before Peggy.
  • DarthDeVo
    But 'Flaptain' comes before Peggy.
    Not before Agent Carter. :wink:
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    I am quite excited to take my newly champed Nico for a spin with R&G this boosted week. ME Hulk is my next champ in a couple of days, so this makes up for just missing his boosted week. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, am I forgetting something, or is this the third time in a row that Bullseye has been the Required 2* for Unstable ISO-8? Even with animations turned off, that makes for a seriously tedious match against another Bullseye.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    So, am I forgetting something, or is this the third time in a row that Bullseye has been the Required 2* for Unstable ISO-8? Even with animations turned off, that makes for a seriously tedious match against another Bullseye.
    Nope, you are right. Actually according to my notes, it is the fourth time in a row.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Holy ****, how long has this animation on/off option been there?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    The game has animations you can turn on now?
  • Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Quebbster said:
    Yeah you can turn them on right after you get a new character to see their animations, and then turn them off again when you remember how slow the animations are
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Nabistay said:
    Quebbster said:
    Yeah you can turn them on right after you get a new character to see their animations, and then turn them off again when you remember how slow the animations are
    The sad thing is, you get so used to the animations that the first few times you do them after turning them off, you think the move didn't work because you were waiting for the animation.  Wait, what happened?  Oh, a move was used.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(1/05/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was gonna say it's suck that the next 5* essential is Archangel already but the event is Strange Sights, where placement doesn't matter as much as other events so I'm cool with waiting until he's essential again before I open my LTs
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

Best Friends Forever (1/9/18) *New Update*
    New Buffed Pairs:
    Star-Lord (Awesome Mix Volume 2) and Yondu, Blackbolt and Lockjaw, Cloak and Dagger

Er...

• bluewolf
    @Brigby  For Strange Sights, shouldn’t Thor be the 5 essential?  He did not get used yet in the current Latest cycle. I thought he’d be the 5E after Gambit.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I can pull Archangel then probably could get top 5 in Strange Sights to get a usable XDP cover. If I can't pull him, or I can only manage a top 10 finish then it won't matter much since I have five red XDP covers already. Was really hoping that the next three day event would be Webbed Wonder though.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards

Best Friends Forever (1/9/18) *New Update*
    New Buffed Pairs:
    Star-Lord (Awesome Mix Volume 2) and Yondu, Blackbolt and Lockjaw, Cloak and Dagger

Er...

I wondered the same thing......
  • DarthDeVo
    I was gonna say it's suck that the next 5* essential is Archangel already but the event is Strange Sights, where placement doesn't matter as much as other events so I'm cool with waiting until he's essential again before I open my LTs
    Uh, I will. The Latest rotation started with Daredevil when he was still in. We have Gambit  featured now. It should be Thor next. Then two Classics. Then Gambit, Thor and finally Archangel. 

I pulled most of my hoard trying to get champ levels for my Daredevil, counting on the fact that it would be about seven events before Archangel was required. That was going to allow me to rebuild my hoard and ISO. So much for that. 
  • bluewolf
    I advise that no one break a hoard for Archangel until you see the in game preview or we hear from Brigby....  Thor was released 11/3 and was a 5E on 12/17.  Archangel was released 12/14, just 3 weeks ago.  He shouldn’t be up for about 3 more weeks.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    I advise that no one break a hoard for Archangel until you see the in game preview or we hear from Brigby....  Thor was released 11/3 and was a 5E on 12/17.  Archangel was released 12/14, just 3 weeks ago.  He shouldn’t be up for about 3 more weeks.
    Lets hope so. Or at least an explanation on new policy.. ;-)

Also, Strange Sights again same tripple alli sub rewards for all i assume?