R143 Update

LifeofAgony
LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
edited January 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Just noticed an update is available and somehow, we never got any news about it before it went live.

Why is this so hard?  Can someone please give an answer as to why this couldn’t have been communicated in a timely manner, yet again?

The details in the App Store say there are character balance updates.  Who is getting the fix?

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, an Epic just moved to Latest, so maybe some Legendary Champ updates (Elektra > Daredevil?). And the next season will start with this update, but news for that probably won’t come out until next week, along with any character rebalances. But maybe the devs will actually give out some information for the admins to post today. Sure would be nice.
  • LifeofAgony
    Those 4* feeder updates have all been done via data push so I don’t think that’s the change.  Rebalance is a very specific term.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Oh come ON. 
    IPad has black bars on the side now.

How hard is it to scale?

How do you constantly manage to break the most basic things?
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    I don't know? How hard is it to put out a R143 update?

Nope Demiurge does not have the slightest idea on how to communicate.

Here's your answer they are sloppy and careless they have never been anything else and expecting a change is a fool's errand.
  • hunky_funky
    hunky_funky Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Bowgentle said:
    Oh come ON. 
    IPad has black bars on the side now.

How hard is it to scale?

How do you constantly manage to break the most basic things?
    Not only on IPad, Android has black bars too.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have updated to the latest version and what are the black bars you guys are talking about? I don't see any.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    I see the black bars. This is just evil.
  • Carnifexx
    Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Tinykitty! I just checked, how frickin annoying! Gak!
  • LifeofAgony
    No black bars on non-iPhone X at least.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have updated to the latest version and what are the black bars you guys are talking about? I don't see any.
    It depends on your device and/or OS.  Most people I've heard talk about are Android (where it's had black bars fora  while but now they're slightly different color & iPad).  I play on iPhone 6 Plus and I have no bars.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I just noticed when you tap a tile you can see the full sum of strike, attack, and protect tile values for both teams. Thats pretty cool.
  • Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Using an android tablet and just noticing the black bars too. Really unfortunate.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018

My guess it's that you get the "sidebars" on Android if you have a device without physical buttons.

In those cases the lower part of your screen is taken up by the software keys, meaning that the application gets less vertical space leading which means it gets scaled down slightly and thus also becomes narrower.

Obvious solution would be for the game to disable the softkeys while it's running. Other games do the same.

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. When it comes to these bars that some players are seeing, that's a result of adjusting letter-boxing to try and match new device aspect ratios as close as possible. As of right now, the game supports 16:9 and 3:2, which is why some devices don't see bars and others do. (For example, Samsung Galaxy 6 & 7 have 16:9 aspect ratios and don't see bars)

For devices that don't have those exact ratios, the game will pick one of those 2 aspect ratios that closely fits. For example, the iPad has an aspect ratio of 4:3, so the game will automatically choose 3:2 and then add grey bars to the left and right.

Having said that though, if you see the following two scenarios, then please let me know, as these might be bugs:
    • Your device is displaying grey bars, but does not fill the screen in at least one dimension. (left to right or top to bottom)
    • Your device previously saw no bars at all, but now see bars.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
    Straycat said:
    I just noticed when you tap a tile you can see the full sum of strike, attack, and protect tile values for both teams. Thats pretty cool.
    Yeah, I really like this addition.  It's not on Steam, though.  It is on my son's Kindle version of the game.
  • hunky_funky
    hunky_funky Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby I've had bar's before patch, but they was color matched with game menu and seeing more as a background. Now, it's obviously seeing 2 dark grey bar's and looks very badly.
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2018
    Brigby said:
    As of right now, the game supports 16:9 and 3:2, which is why some devices don't see bars and others do. (For example, Samsung Galaxy 6 & 7 have 16:9 aspect ratios and don't see bars)

Having said that though, if you see the following two scenarios, then please let me know, as these might be bugs:
    • Your device is displaying grey bars, but does not fill the screen in at least one dimension. (left to right or top to bottom)
    • Your device previously saw no bars at all, but now see bars.
    @Brigby I have a Nexus 6P which has a 16:9 aspect ratio (WQHD 2560 x 1440 pixels resolution at 518 ppi) and is displaying bars on the left & right - both during loading & playing. I do not believe I had these before, or if I did they were not noticeable. Here is a screen shot of the loading screen.