Back from a long hiatus, need roster help.

GentlemanA
GentlemanA Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
Hi all! I'm back from about a year ish hiatus, and I need a bit of roster help.

Right now I'm working on a two star farm (I've seen that now seems to be a thing) currently short 3 two stars. Have every 3* rostered except two, with only three of them not champed. Currently have half the 4*s rostered.

I'm a monster and can't help but pull tokens as I get them, so while I just recently got quite a few covers I can use, I have three 5* Thors on the vine. Won't get the HP in time, so I have to sell someone. Not quite in the 4* transition yet, so I'd say a low covered one of them, but the only 4s I have with less than 4 covers are:totally awesome hulk, Peggy, coulson, and x-23.

Who should I ditch? I remember Peggy being a baller but I don't really know if/how the meta has changed. Do I ditch a non-champed 3? A 2* and slow the farm down?

Thanks for your time and help!

Comments

• MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2017
    Ditch a 2*. They fall like rain.

And try not to pull tokens that will likely result in a 4*/5* until you have the HP to roster one (if you get one). That will reduce the chances of crunches like this, while still keeping your farm firing on all cylinders.

EDIT - the meta has changed almost entirely in a year.  Peggy is still very strong in 4* land, but has been leapfrogged by 4* characters with strong passives and/or synergy (eg. captain marvel, Medusa, Coulson, rocket and groot), plus some rebalances (Mordo and Riri come to mind) . But definitely keep all of your 4* and 3* characters, and sacrifice a 2* instead. 
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    If you have an unchamped 2* I'd dump that.  That will be by far the easiest to get back.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Definitely keep your 4*, even low level they might be a required character for PvE or DDQ. I sold a moderately covered Spider-Gwen last year when iso was scarce and I needed to champ another 4* (C4ge in time for his PvP) and I have never pulled another cover for her since. I don't regret champing the 4* but do wish I had found another way.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    It may be worth noting that 3* characters are still the most reliable to target on purpose via the higher rate of bonus hero rewards at that teir, but I agree that you'll be seeing plenty of 2*s and they'll be back around eventually. And once the farm starts doing it's job, you'll find that HP is much easier to come by.
  • STERLING21JJ
    STERLING21JJ Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    One of the biggest things is to hoard your lts and cp, when your 3* roster has grown and you have gained HP for roster slots then i would consider pulling some.