Give some love to Tezz!

Options
Foznertep
Foznertep Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
Hey, inspired by the season's spirit I thought we could all get together and come up with nice decks for the poor Planeswalker who is just like the mean fat kid: nobody wants to play with him. So yes, I am talking about Tezzeret the Seeker in all his fragile, mono-coloured gloriousness.

For some reason, I like to give him an airing every once in a while so recently I made a nice cycling deck for him with:

New Perspectives, Riddleform Sphinx, Sphinx's Tutelage, Aetherflux Reservoir

Censor, Hieroglyphic Illumination, Desert of the Mindful, Consign, Lay Claim 

Striped Riverwinder (on which his Ult works)

Worked really well in TG, 2 of 4 opponents never even played a card and that includes a Nicol Bolas that was 10 levels higher  (my Tezz is only lvl35)

Maybe some of you would like to share their ideas for making him playable as well!

Comments

• HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Personally, I think of two ways of playing Tezz - going all out support heavy, or going spell heavy (with the inclusion of one support that you can always fetch using his second ability).

Another nice thing about Tezz is that his first ability can protect Fabricate supports by doubling their shield values if they survive.  In fact, the latest block has literally THREE of the best supports for Tezz to work with:

As Foretold: gives you mana every turn based on the number of supports on the board you control.  Combined with say a healthy number of fabrication spells and/or creatures, this card can literally become one of the most efficient mana generators out there.

Oracle's Vault: Activate 2, draw a card and give it X mana based on the shield value of this support.  Downright crazy if it's the only support in your deck and you have ways to fetch it from your library and put it straight out into play (ie. Tezz's second ability, some blue spells also do this), and it can potentially trigger twice every turn...

Pyramid of the Pantheon: Gain X mana every turn based on the shield value of this support.  Again, see Oracle's Vault, but more consistent mana gains as you don't have to match gems in corners every so often.  That and fabricate can also provide a very good anti-removal shield in case your opponent tries to destroy it through spells!

There's also Omniscience - but I doubt you have access to it...

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,935 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you have access to Omniscience and/or swords he becomes way more viable. I do, and now he is my go-to on the blue node of Emrakul's Corruption.