Fearless Defenders Discussion Thread

Comments

• Demiurge_Will
    Demiurge_Will Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    Just popping in to answer a question I've seen here and fill in some gaps:

- Everyone in the alliance gets the rewards at the end of the event.
    - In addition to the 50 HP "moved" from single-player progression rewards to alliance rewards (it's likely that more folks will get that reward than got the progression reward previously, so it both moved and got more generous), we made the remaining higher-end single-player progression rewards easier to get.

Appreciate the feedback, keep it coming!
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2014
    IceIX wrote:
    Impulse wrote:
    I for one think the alliances are a nice addition. It's not like you're forced to be in one to participate or you're missing out on any unbelievable alliance-only prizes

That would be true, if they didn't gut existing rewards and shift them to alliances. Alliances add nothing, they're another irritating hurdle and all you get is same reward. Yippie.
    The only real shift was that one Cover for the 1-5 prize went over to Alliance rewards as a test. Other than that, rewards are the same tier for tier compared to Predator and Prey, with 500 extra Iso-8 for 1-5 in the newest Tournament. I get that you might not like that we shifted a cover over, but I'm honestly not sure where the thought of "gutting" comes from. The Alliance rewards are (except for the one cover shift) a bonus on top of current rewards.

The lack of a 50hp 500 progression award and blue BP from ranks 2-5 clearly show that you shifted important awards from the current prize structure to alliance awards. If you wanted it to be a bonus on top of existing awards, keeping the original prize structure while giving out event tokens + iso for alliance placement would have been a much better way to keep the important prizes you give out (3* covers/hp) to a minimum without forcing alliances onto us in this fashion. This would make it so that people still have a big incentive to join an alliance (15% at a 3* cover will still make people want to join alliances without you guys giving away too many covers in the process) without making it feel like we're forced to join an alliance in order to keep our existing income. I think that 50hp progression award is pretty important for newer players trying to increase their roster size, so shifting it to alliance rewards is pretty detrimental to them as it forces them to join a decent alliance.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    I 2nd Polarity on this. I feel that the shift in the rewards puts a lot of focus on being in an alliance right now
  • IceIX wrote:
    Impulse wrote:
    I for one think the alliances are a nice addition. It's not like you're forced to be in one to participate or you're missing out on any unbelievable alliance-only prizes

That would be true, if they didn't gut existing rewards and shift them to alliances. Alliances add nothing, they're another irritating hurdle and all you get is same reward. Yippie.
    The only real shift was that one Cover for the 1-5 prize went over to Alliance rewards as a test. Other than that, rewards are the same tier for tier compared to Predator and Prey, with 500 extra Iso-8 for 1-5 in the newest Tournament. I get that you might not like that we shifted a cover over, but I'm honestly not sure where the thought of "gutting" comes from. The Alliance rewards are (except for the one cover shift) a bonus on top of current rewards.

The lack of a 50hp 500 progression award and blue BP from ranks 2-5 clearly show that you shifted important awards from the current prize structure to alliance awards. If you wanted it to be a bonus on top of existing awards, keeping the original prize structure while giving out events tokens + iso for alliance placement would have been a much better way to keep the important prizes you give out (3* covers/hp) to a minimum without forcing alliances onto us in this fashion.

I totally agree. Keep event reward structure as was.

Top 1 gets 2x event token + 1000 ISO + 500hp
    2-5 gets 1x token 1000 ISO 100hp
    6-15 gets 1x token 500 ISO 100hp
    16-30 gets 500 ISO 100hp
    Etc
    Etc
    Etc
  • I see the Psylocke cover is 1100 and I don't think that's any lower than what it was before, not that it matters because I haven't seen anyone with even 1000 in any of my PvP brackets in a long time. 900 rating for 50 HP might be barely reachable compared to 1000 before but that only affects a very small portion of players. Alliances up to 2500 gets 50 HP, so let's say 5 guys per alliance that's 12500 people, and I guess it's fair to say that we didn't have 12500 people hitting a rating of 500 before (there are some brackets I'm in where 500 would almost be enough for top 10).
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Phantron wrote:
    I see the Psylocke cover is 1100 and I don't think that's any lower than what it was before, not that it matters because I haven't seen anyone with even 1000 in any of my PvP brackets in a long time. 900 rating for 50 HP might be barely reachable compared to 1000 before but that only affects a very small portion of players. Alliances up to 2500 gets 50 HP, so let's say 5 guys per alliance that's 12500 people, and I guess it's fair to say that we didn't have 12500 people hitting a rating of 500 before (there are some brackets I'm in where 500 would almost be enough for top 10).

The 3* covers were at 1200 previously.
  • Twysta
    edited March 2014
    All the top end rewards have been reduced by 100.
    Essentially they've just removed the 500 HP reward and moved everyone down one progression step.
  • Just popping in to answer a question I've seen here and fill in some gaps:

- In addition to the 50 HP "moved" from single-player progression rewards to alliance rewards (it's likely that more folks will get that reward than got the progression reward previously, so it both moved and got more generous), we made the remaining higher-end single-player progression rewards easier to get.

we made the remaining higher-end single-player progression rewards easier to get
    PLEEEEEEEAAAAASE, don't treat me like an idiot. I like to think I'm not. For being a "for fun addition", you're shoving alliances pretty hard up my rectum.
  • How about keeping placement at 2 covers, but lowering the 1100 progression cover more attainable? I've yet to see anyone break even 1000.

Whichever way it's done, I would really prefer to have that 3rd cover back. And getting the 2-star covers wouldn't hurt either (or put them in the alliance reward).
  • Nemek wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    I see the Psylocke cover is 1100 and I don't think that's any lower than what it was before, not that it matters because I haven't seen anyone with even 1000 in any of my PvP brackets in a long time. 900 rating for 50 HP might be barely reachable compared to 1000 before but that only affects a very small portion of players. Alliances up to 2500 gets 50 HP, so let's say 5 guys per alliance that's 12500 people, and I guess it's fair to say that we didn't have 12500 people hitting a rating of 500 before (there are some brackets I'm in where 500 would almost be enough for top 10).

Yeah, I figure it's lower, but I don't think it matters because I have yet to see anyone with a rating of 1000 in any of my PvP brackets in a long time.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2014
    I totally agree. Keep event reward structure as was.

Top 1 gets 2x event token + 1000 ISO + 500hp
    2-5 gets 1x token 1000 ISO 100hp
    6-15 gets 1x token 500 ISO 100hp
    16-30 gets 500 ISO 100hp
    Etc
    Etc
    Etc

Its not that easy since that would inject a lot of extra hp into the system. My original thought was something like
    Top 1 - 2 tokens + 250hp + iso
    Top 2-50 - 2 Tokens + 50hp + iso
    Top 50-100 - 1 Token + iso
    top 50-250 - various amounts of iso.

I think this reward structure would make it feel like the awards were gutted less, but you run into the problem of there not really being any incentive for the lower ranked alliances to try and advance in rank since ranks 100-2500 are functionally identical. I guess this doesn't really matter since the current system behaves in the same way.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Phantron wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

Yeah, I figure it's lower, but I don't think it matters because I have yet to see anyone with a rating of 1000 in any of my PvP brackets in a long time.

I've been able to hit 1100 in pvp with effort and luck
    1200 was just not possible.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

I figure most people have same mind set as me. 900 rewards 1000 ISO. Sweet. That's where people usually go so I'm usually safe once I get there. At 1000 there's 50hp? Hmmmm. Do I wanna break my shield at 950 to risk pushing for a 50hp reward and use a 75hp shield after? NO! If the 3* cover was at 1000 then a 100hp reward at 1100 and a 4* at 1200 I would be much more likely to try and push for that 4* than now. ATM it would be cheaper to just pay full price.
  • Twysta
    It does look like there's more ISO to won in the prizes though which is nice.
    I guess this might endorse their policy for reducing 2* star covers where people have too many covers and not enough ISO to level them so this is how they apply it to 3*.
  • Just popping in to answer a question I've seen here and fill in some gaps:

It also seems like depending on the number of players that fewer or more blue covers will be given out as well. Using 50k players as a starting point, and generalizing that every alliance has 5 players, then that's the break even point. Since the Hulk event had 100K players, it's likely that there will be more than 50K players in the FD tourney, but it's doubtful that the number of "large" alliances that place will make up the gap. So it does seem like while HP may be going up, the number of covers is going down.

Granted this is only the first alliance tourney - I'm sure things will, as always, continue to get tweaked.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Puritas wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

I've been able to hit 1100 in pvp with effort and luck
    1200 was just not possible.

s7oYMea.jpg?1

(Sorry Catalyst if you didn't want me to post the picture.)
  • s7oYMea.jpg?1

I am glad to have Catalyst in our alliance. Not the first time he passed 1200 in the recent PvP, I just can't believe it.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Bye bye post.
  • Twysta
    What alliance were you with?
  • Twysta wrote:
    What alliance were you with?

I'm in purge but the only 1 I ever see post the forums anymore is palazzo