I Have IDEAS! (PvP modes)

Nellyson
Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
This game has been around for AWHILE now! And it's got a lot of good things going for it as well as some things that are hindering it. One thing that needs to be added is a new game mode. The current modes are just the same thing over and over. I suggest something fresh be injected into the game. What could it be? Live PvP matches!! That's right! PvP matches against actual human players! I would test it without any placements or progression rewards. Just go into a match and play! Then the rewards can be like random drops including random covers for 2, 3, and 4 :star: characters; elite, heroic, latest, and classic tokens; 1, 3, and 5 command points; and 10, 50, and 100 hero points. Then, you would receive one of these random drops whether you won or lost. As the mode matures, maybe you get a random drop of higher items and if you lose you get the lower items as a random drop.

Either way, I think adding in a live PvP mode will help give people a slight adrenaline rush of having to play strategically knowing that they can no longer play against the known patterns of the AI. Strategy and planning will be key as finding the right moment to use a power will be important! Small chess matches are played to try to get the AP you want, or the match-4 or -5s you are looking to set up with the opponent unknowingly helping you. 

Do you like this idea? What would you like to see added? What would you change to optimize it?

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    The server can't handle real time updating of PVP points.
    Real time PVP is never going to happen.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Bowgentle said:
    The server can't handle real time updating of PVP points.
    Real time PVP is never going to happen.

That's just it. There are no rankings so there wouldn't be points to track. No ranking rewards. Just the opportunity to play against an actual person.