Tier 4: 3 of 7 characters to champ

Steirerbua
Steirerbua Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
Dear fellow players,

I used Christmas as an occasion to exchange well over 1000 Command Points for Classic Lengendary tokens to travel deeper into 4*-land. Although feeling the dilution, I reached my goal of champing Vulture and 4*Grocket.

Now that the dust has settled I find myself with some 4* covers left and the hard decision which ones to drop and which one to use for championing characters.
These are covers for characters that are already fully covered:
- Iron Fist: 1 cover
- Kingpin: 2 covers
- Sam Wilson: 2 covers
- Ant Man: 1 cover
- Quake: 2 covers
- Sandman: 4 covers
- Lockjaw: 1 cover

All of these covers will expire in 12 days, currently I have the ISO 8 to champ two of them, but I'm confident to be able to gather enough ISO for one more within the time given.

So the usual question: Which are your recommendations, which 2-3 characters would you choose to champ?

Some more information on me: I am well established in the 4* region (around 30 characters champed), I pay for VIP membership and play mostly PVE. Currently I enjoy playing this way and therefore have little ambition to progress to 5*land due to the rough competition to be expected.

Thank you in advance for your responses, have great holidays!

Comments

• dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    I am of the champ them all camp. I’d say for sure Sandman and Lockjaw. This is because you’ll get more of their covers. The other would be a tossup between Quake and Iron Fist. 
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Hobo Fist and Antman seem to be the best alternatives, I think.
  • Steirerbua
    Thank you for your answers so far.

What do you think of Kingpin? Is he worth champing after the recent changes he had to endure?

And given the fact that the next PvE is EotS, I really favor taking Quake to the maximum ...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you for your answers so far.

What do you think of Kingpin? Is he worth champing after the recent changes he had to endure?

And given the fact that the next PvE is EotS, I really favor taking Quake to the maximum ...
    I used to like Kingpin a lot. His rework was a downgrade IMO, though it made him more powerful in some respects it also made him less flexible. Can't really recommend champing him any more if you have better things to do with your ISO.
    Quake is a pretty fun utility character though, and with EotS around the corner you could get good use of your ISO there.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    I would say (in priority order):
    - Sandman (due to number of covers and still being features)
    - Quake (due to number of covers and being a good character)
    - Lockjaw (due to being featured & lack of significantly better options)
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    HoboFist, Quake, and Ant Man would be my choices,
  • Steirerbua
    broll said:

As absurd as these animal characters are (Dino and Howard, I'm looking at you), this one is surprisingly fun to play. He might not be as powerful as his owners Medusa and Bolt, but he raises a smile ... and thus balances the seriousity that might come up a bit.
    Thanks for the hint!
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Sandman, since you have the most covers for him (plus he gives GG covers now)
    Quake (she's great for PVE as she really lowers damage from AoE attacks)
    Iron Fist but you could talk me into Ant Man here.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:

As absurd as these animal characters are (Dino and Howard, I'm looking at you), this one is surprisingly fun to play. He might not be as powerful as his owners Medusa and Bolt, but he raises a smile ... and thus balances the seriousity that might come up a bit.
    Thanks for the hint!
    I'll find out soon.  He's likely to be my next champ with 3 on the vine.  He hasn't impressed me as an opponent or a loaner, but control of champion can make a lot of difference.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    HoboFist, Quake, and Ant Man would be my choices,
    Mine too. Normally I'd say follow the covers, but with so many outstanding, you may as well go for the good ones. Fist and Vulture play particularly well together, fwiw.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    I would say Quake and Ant-Man are the two best.  Iron Fist is not too far behind Ant-Man.  Although, I recently had a similar dilemma and actually chose Sandman since I had a much higher number of covers and knew that I would continue to get more of his covers since he is in the current 12.  I also hold out hope that he will eventually get a rebalance that makes him much better as some characters have received in the past.

Kingpin is pretty bad now after his nerf "buff".  I wouldn't put the iso into him.  I actually like Flaptain more than most players but he is slow and there are much better character options in his color scheme for 4* tier.  I don't know much about Lockjaw as I don't have him fully covered nor played against him all that much.