Boost Banner/not Boosted Hulk [Fixed in 11/21 Patch]

PLBIV
PLBIV Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
There’s a glitch (hopefully) where the boosted Banner in the Sakaar event transforms into an Un-boosted Hulk.  Any chance of fixing that before the end of the event???

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2017
    Lol. On a weekend? Someone's got jokes.

And I'm pretty disappointed by this. Today I just spent half a million iso leveling Banner for this event. I feel like an idiot for not spending it on other characters.
  • mikelnoe
    mikelnoe Posts: 92 Match Maker
    So disappointed. I was excited for banner to be boost cause I never use my champed level 463 one cause well he's weak sauce. But boosted 90 levels should be fun, except once he transforms he's at the un boosted values: 26k health 9k aoe. 

Smh
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry, i know this sucks for some. But that's hilarious and not at all surprisng.  Demi doesn't often playtest (or seemingly even understand) 5* play.    Good to know that the gamd treats hulk as a totally diffierent character for boost purposes on the back end.  I wonder if this is true for oml, phoenix, and c&d.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Vhailorx said:
    Sorry, i know this sucks for some. But that's hilarious and not at all surprisng.  Demi doesn't often playtest (or seemingly even understand) 5* play.    Good to know that the gamd treats hulk as a totally diffierent character for boost purposes on the back end.  I wonder if this is true for oml, phoenix, and c&d.
    Phoenix... maybe. But I doubt it. Hulk doesn't just switch power sets, he switches match damage and health totals as well. And name.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    So somehow Banner is actually a stronger character than The Hulk? That's an awesome power. To transform from human to a weaker big green guy.
  • PLBIV
    So somehow Banner is actually a stronger character than The Hulk? That's an awesome power. To transform from human to a weaker big green guy.
    Not just weaker.  Significantly weaker.  
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    PLBIV said:

Good to know.. so I should let the AI transform.. got it!
  • PLBIV
    PLBIV said:

Good to know.. so I should let the AI transform.. got it!
    Well, he comes back with the 80K health and can still lay out nasty attack tiles.  But you definitely don’t need to worry about the Hulk’s active green AOE.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Moving to Bugs & Technical Issues.

Thanks for the info! I'll pass it along to the team right now.
  • Brigby
    Update: The designers are now fixing this, but unfortunately the fix won't be able to be implemented until Tuesday's daily patch. We apologize for the inconvenience.
  • Quibbles
    Quibbles Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Brigby said:
    Update: The designers are now fixing this, but unfortunately the fix won't be able to be implemented until Tuesday's daily patch. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    Brigby, that's awesome to see the devs fixing Banner. While they're at it, see if you could, maybe just maybe, make him suck a little less. Wouldn't take much. I believe the term is "nuke and pave."
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    please don't transform, please don't transform, please...
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Bummer. This character didn't need even more bad PR.

#MakeHulkGreatAgain
  • stewbacca
    stewbacca Posts: 82 Match Maker
    to fix all they need to do is let the automatic matches gain ap... i mean they let a 4 * in grocket do it, why cant a 5 *,   or option 2,  not allow thanos to kick in when hulk is downed, only banner.. 
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Just wondering, was this actually fixed by that patch? As far as I recall, Hulk was still not boosted.
    I don't think the update ever made it in.  As it was, we were only going to get a day of the intended boost before the event end, so maybe someone decided it was too late in the event to tweak any behaviors.
  • Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    This is still not fixed. 
  • GreenMachine
    GreenMachine Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Confirmed this is still not fixed.

There is an additional bug: After finishing a match while transformed, Bruce Banner is KO'd on the character-select screen and needs to be revived even though he won the previous match in Hulk form.
  • Brigby
    In order to keep all information up-to-date, please use the most recent thread started, as opposed to commenting on an older thread.

Here is the more recent, updated thread on this topic: Hulk Rage (at not being boosted correctly)
This discussion has been closed.