How to keep a limited 5* roster healthy

VizMantis
VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
I just cracked open my hoard and champed Gambit and Thor, with Daredevil (hopefully) on the way with some CS help.  I’ve played some PVP matches and I’ve won, but even doing well, my 5*s take a fair bit of damage.  After a couple matches, I’m looking at a 15hr heal time.  Matches don’t seem to be worth any more points, so I assume I’ll still have to play approximately the same number of matches as the 4* tier.  So how do I keep my team healthy during a  climb?  Is it just do what I can with 10 healthpacks and wait for them to regenerate?  Or are there other strategies?

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    VizMantis said:
    I just cracked open my hoard and champed Gambit and Thor, with Daredevil (hopefully) on the way with some CS help.  I’ve played some PVP matches and I’ve won, but even doing well, my 5*s take a fair bit of damage.  After a couple matches, I’m looking at a 15hr heal time.  Matches don’t seem to be worth any more points, so I assume I’ll still have to play approximately the same number of matches as the 4* tier.  So how do I keep my team healthy during a  climb?  Is it just do what I can with 10 healthpacks and wait for them to regenerate?  Or are there other strategies?
    Yeah, buy health packs.

Gambit should give you first shield at 1200+ though, in a reasonable slice.
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2017
    How much HP per day would you expect to go through buying healthpacks?  My 2* farm puts out a reasonable amount, but at 50 HP per pack, it seems like I might get in the red pretty quickly.
    Bowgentle said:

Gambit should give you first shield
    Not quite sure what you mean.  My best guess is I won’t have to spend HP shielding because people skip Gambit?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    VizMantis said:
    How much HP per day would you expect to go through buying healthpacks?  My 2* farm puts out a reasonable amount, but at 50 HP per pack, it seems like I might get in the red pretty quickly.
    Bowgentle said:

Gambit should give you first shield
    Not quite sure what you mean.  My best guess is I won’t have to spend HP shielding because people skip Gambit?
    No I mean you should be able to go 0-1200 on 10 health packs if you run Gambit.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    In a good slice you should be able to float at higher levels with a champed Gambit, because a lot of players tend to avoid him. And even the guys who can deal with Gambit might prefer to hit someone worth more points than you. Experiment a bit and see if you can find your float point. Letting health packs regenerate is usually better than buying them...