Premature transition to the end game??

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    With 6600 CP I would say go for it.  You should pull till you get 13 DD then wait for him to leave the packs.  Once archangel gets in start pulling again till Gambit is done.  You can keep going if you want or wait till the next 5* enters the packs.  With Thor Gambit and DD in packs right now you have 3 really good 5* to get. They will allow you to compete in PVP and let you crush PVE.  PVP will also take more health packs as you see more 5* characters but it will be something you get used too.  With the CP you have your can get The 3 in latest now and probably the next 3 5* to come out to 13 covers easy.  Also by pulling your covers you will get the rest of your 4* to 13 covers quickly as well as up a shield rank or 2.  
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime said:
    With 6600 CP I would say go for it.  You should pull till you get 13 DD then wait for him to leave the packs.  Once archangel gets in start pulling again till Gambit is done.  You can keep going if you want or wait till the next 5* enters the packs.  With Thor Gambit and DD in packs right now you have 3 really good 5* to get. They will allow you to compete in PVP and let you crush PVE.  PVP will also take more health packs as you see more 5* characters but it will be something you get used too.  With the CP you have your can get The 3 in latest now and probably the next 3 5* to come out to 13 covers easy.  Also by pulling your covers you will get the rest of your 4* to 13 covers quickly as well as up a shield rank or 2.  
    Thanks, man. I don’t know if you saw my post but I ended up pulling and it was very Daredevil heavy. I was able to cover him while getting Gambit to 8 covers. I was very happy. Now working to scrounge the Iso needed to save all the 4s I pulled.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    If you have the iso to champ DD & Gambit you should keep pulling till you have Gambit 13 covers +. Sell max champed 3*s if necessary.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
     As someone who champed DD about a month ago, while having about 35 champed 4*s on my roster at the time, I would add my two cents and just urge you to keep any open mind about champing him. 

PvP will become a little different. Not necessarily harder, but different. I've found I can still manage to hit 900, which is mostly what I care about. For some reason, I just don't care much about trying for 1200. You will probably be forced to use DD all the time, but the good news is that guy is made for climbing in PvP. I rarely use health packs on him. 

A champed 5* makes a world of difference in PvE though, especially when boosted. It's seriously like someone turned on easy mode (in CL8 and lower, at least. I might try CL9 this final time DD will be boosted as a Latest). And the 5* champ rewards are pretty phenomenal. 
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    DarthDeVo said:
     As someone who champed DD about a month ago, while having about 35 champed 4*s on my roster at the time, I would add my two cents and just urge you to keep any open mind about champing him. 

PvP will become a little different. Not necessarily harder, but different. I've found I can still manage to hit 900, which is mostly what I care about. For some reason, I just don't care much about trying for 1200. You will probably be forced to use DD all the time, but the good news is that guy is made for climbing in PvP. I rarely use health packs on him. 

A champed 5* makes a world of difference in PvE though, especially when boosted. It's seriously like someone turned on easy mode (in CL8 and lower, at least. I might try CL9 this final time DD will be boosted as a Latest). And the 5* champ rewards are pretty phenomenal. 
    Great advice.  And as far as PvP goes, I found that when I only had one champed 5* I was in a sweetspot as far as gameplay experience went.  I had that one tank (OML) that saved healthpacks and helped me defeat duo 5* teams, and could run him with whichever 4*s were boosted so a lot of variety.  

I didn't get that back until I got up to maybe eight 5*s.  First I was always running some combo of OML/PHX/SS then primarily Panthos.   It was only when I managed to finish Bolt I had a greater variety of viable PvP options again. 

Unfortunately with Gambit being my most recent 5* champ it's like I've gone back 6 months as you're almost obliged to run him if you have him.  So now it's mostly Gambolt, Thanos/Bolt or good old Panthos for clearing grills quickly.  But to be fair, I can play around a bit during my initial climb/if floating (assuming I'm not hitting a Gambit team of course).
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I just champed Daredevil, so he's my only 5* champed. Just tried out Sim and so far I am finding it is not the champed Black Bolt Gambit wasteland I was worried about. Mostly 1 champed 5 plus some 4s, sometimes soft capped 5s. And its not R&G and Gamora every match so it is much more fun. He tanks blue usually even with champed 4*s, so I can keep people at full health while he keeps healing himself up. I never thought I'd make it to 5* land, but having DD champed is awesome so far. You should definitely put some iso into him when you have a chance
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,239 Chairperson of the Boards
    Straycat said:
    I just champed Daredevil, so he's my only 5* champed. Just tried out Sim and so far I am finding it is not the champed Black Bolt Gambit wasteland I was worried about. Mostly 1 champed 5 plus some 4s, sometimes soft capped 5s. And its not R&G and Gamora every match so it is much more fun. He tanks blue usually even with champed 4*s, so I can keep people at full health while he keeps healing himself up. I never thought I'd make it to 5* land, but having DD champed is awesome so far. You should definitely put some iso into him when you have a chance
    Having 1 champed 5 is a good MMR to be in.  You mostly face other people running one champed 5, or often no champed 5.  A broad mix of teams.  If you champ your second 5, you will forever be facing dual champ 5* teams, so you’ll see many Gambits.
  • Daredevil217
    The single champ 5* is not bad advice at all. Right now, all my Iso needs to go towards champing my 4s and possibly even leveling up Nico/Kingpin to 209 for Shield Training. I think on the last day of training I’ll see where my Iso is at and make a decision on what to do with it. Since I Champed Lockjaw I have 4 left that I need to champ still (Sandman, Rogue, Nightcrawler, and Yondu). 1.3 million. If I add bringing Kingpin and Nico to 209 it’ll be another 270k (1.57m), to champ Kingpin and save those 5 covers is another 228k (about 1.8m).

I have 387k Iso, 780k in the 2* bank, and should get one more clearance level for another 57k before covers expire. So 1.22m total.

So the formula is Iso needed - [(current Iso + 780k + 57k)]/ number of days before expiration. 

To keep the latests: (1.3m-1.22m)/11 = 7200 Iso per day (EASY)

To keep the latests and bring Kingpin/Nico to 209: (1.57m-1.22m)/11 = 31,822 Iso per day (POSSIBLE... but not guaranteed)

To keep the latests, bring Nico to 209 and champ Kingpin: 1.8m-1.22m/11 = 52,727 Iso per day (NOT HAPPENING)

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Keep in mind Shield Training only stays open three more days.
  • Daredevil217

Update!

While dealing with several layovers coming back home (I know, right?) I decided I was close enough to the Iso needed to champ my 4s assuming I sold my 12 max-Champed 2*.  I now have 4K Iso but Sandman, Lockjaw, Rogue, Yondu and Nightcrawler are Champed.  PLUS I brought NicoPin up to 209 each for SHIELD training. 

But wait... there’s more. 

5 of my dupe 2s also hit 144 during my race to champ my hoard. Which means if I sell them, I could have the iso to hate-champ Fisk right now (I did sell the one I had on the vine prior to opening my hoard). It’d mean wrecking what’s left of the farm and perhaps having several max-covered 2* dupes with zero iso as my main 2* version of those characters for awhile.

However, it ALSO means on my quest for a max-covered Daredevil, I ended with 270/276 useable pulls for a whopping 97.8% success rate, I champed 6 characters, and brought Nico up to 209.  Overall I’m happy!

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards

Update!

While dealing with several layovers coming back home (I know, right?) I decided I was close enough to the Iso needed to champ my 4s assuming I sold my 12 max-Champed 2*.  I now have 4K Iso but Sandman, Lockjaw, Rogue, Yondu and Nightcrawler are Champed.  PLUS I brought NicoPin up to 209 each for SHIELD training. 

5 of my dupe 2s also hit 144 during my race to champ my hoard. Which means if I sell them, I could have the iso to hate-champ Fisk right now (I did sell the one I had on the vine prior to opening my hoard). It’d mean wrecking what’s left of the farm and perhaps having several max-covered 2* dupes with zero iso as my main 2* version of those characters for awhile.

However, it ALSO means on my quest for a max-covered Daredevil, I ended with 270/276 useable pulls for a whopping 97.8% success rate, I champed 6 characters, and brought Nico up to 209.  Overall I’m happy!

Congrats!!! I think if you champ DD you won't regret it, he is awesome and you have the benefit of him being one of your favorites. Good luck!!
  • Daredevil217
    Milk Jugz said:

Update!

Congrats!!! I think if you champ DD you won't regret it, he is awesome and you have the benefit of him being one of your favorites. Good luck!!
    Perhaps one day. I’d like to pull to finish Gambit before he leaves but with my 2* farm wrecked and numerous 3s approaching 266, I need to go into deep hoarding like never before. That way I’ll have the Iso to champ Hulk, Chavez, Nico, and the other latests I pull. 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Milk Jugz said:

Update!

Perhaps one day. I’d like to pull to finish Gambit before he leaves but with my 2* farm wrecked and numerous 3s approaching 266, I need to go into deep hoarding like never before. That way I’ll have the Iso to champ Hulk, Chavez, Nico, and the other latests I pull. 
    Daredevil.  Just remember Gambit trumps all 5* and that means all other characters.  You are better off finishing gambit and selling off some Hulk, Chavez, and Nico covers to get gambit finished.  You don’t want to be trying to get Gambit when he goes to classic tokens it will be a mess.  That might mean you wait till the day before he leaves to pull your hoard but pull you must.  You can probably also get a fully covered Thor who is also really strong.  Don’t make the mistake of valuing your 4* over gambit
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    wymtime said:
    Milk Jugz said:

Update!

Daredevil.  Just remember Gambit trumps all 5* and that means all other characters.  You are better off finishing gambit and selling off some Hulk, Chavez, and Nico covers to get gambit finished.  You don’t want to be trying to get Gambit when he goes to classic tokens it will be a mess.  That might mean you wait till the day before he leaves to pull your hoard but pull you must.  You can probably also get a fully covered Thor who is also really strong.  Don’t make the mistake of valuing your 4* over gambit
    Depends on how close he is IMO.  If he's got 10 or more covers, then yeah I'd get Gambit before he leaves.  If you've got fewer than that (unless you still have loads of available pulls) I wouldn't risk it and focus on cleaning up your roster/hoarding for your next run at 5*.

I'd be shocked if 5* Gambit doesn't get a second nerf soon.  If you can't champ soon the window oh him being an easy button will probably close.  If you have fewer than 10 covers for him now and you try you'll probably either fail to champ him anyway or champ him right before he leaves Latest just to have get the nerf bat a few days later.
  • Daredevil217
    I’ve got 9 covers for Gambit and 229 pulls as of today. I’ll obviously have more pulls when he is set to leave. Waiting to pull will:
    1) allow me to see if he’s nerfed again before he leaves
    2) collect more Iso to minimize waste.
    3) give me a bigger hoard to crack. 

This is off topic and might deserve its own thread but my dad was telling me he saw an interview with Mark Cuban where he was talking about success tips. In MPQ terms he basically was advocating for hoarding.  He said work hard and save your money because there are ALWAYS opportunities for advancement. But you have to be in a position to capitalize when it happens. If you look at things like sales, glitches, broken characters, etc. it’s true. Those in a position to capitalize do, and are rewarded for hoarding.  At least it is true for me as a person who has spent less than 10 dollars on the game. Others can just spend copious amount of real life dough to capitalize. All this to say I’m in no rush to spend my Iso on Daredevil or pull for Gambit right now.
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler

Premature transition to the end game??

Happens to the best of us.  Slow down, and think about baseball.

• ComatoseJackal
    ComatoseJackal Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Before gambit leaves pull for him!!!! Your 4's are going to end up being as useful as your 2* farm stop champing them and save ISO for 5's until comfortable then resume champing 4's 3's 2's they're all the same.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Before gambit leaves pull for him!!!! Your 4's are going to end up being as useful as your 2* farm stop champing them and save ISO for 5's until comfortable then resume champing 4's 3's 2's they're all the same.
    That’s wholly inaccurate; the 4s scale better than any other tier in the game.  There’s a reason when all things are equal in Balance of Power, it’s 4* teams you will see most.  There’s plenty of mileage to be had out of them.
  • ComatoseJackal
    Mileage being B.O.P. And their rewards for extra covers only. They have no other use.
  • ComatoseJackal
    Oh ddq only thing I use a 4* daily for. 4* grocket everyday.