Premature transition to the end game??

Comments

• LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    Max 3* funded my way to champing all 4s and 5s.  Now I’m past the tipping point and am iso positive by a wide margin.

Use the previews to see who has been featured recently or coming up and sell off those that you know won’t be back into rotation for a while (here’s looking at you Scarlet Witch).  

3* covers come quickly so getting them re-champed usually only takes a week or so for me.  But in the meantime, you’ll get to enjoy using your favorite toon and by proxy the game breaker.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    I don’t have any max-Champed 3s lol. I have like 8 that I stopped at 255 to start building their dupes but none maxed so that’s out.

Edit here’s some quick math.  I have 360k Iso.

Level 140 Rogue (348k)
    Level 070 Sandman (378k)
    Level 209 Nightcrawler (228k)
    Level 070 Nico (378k)
    Level 140 Yondu (348k)

Rough math says 1.68 million Iso needed to champ all 5 and put me at 10/12 latest.

I have 12 max champ 2* selling at 65K Iso a piece. So 780k total.

I can conservatively make 30k Iso a day. So that times 14 days is another 420k.

I also will hit my next shield rank in the next 2 weeks for another 55k

So let’s say 360k + 780k + 420k + 55k  = 1.61 million

So I’d be right there assuming I pull on Xmas, and obviously the longer I wait the bigger the cushion, but the longer I wait I run the risk of not getting cover swaps or increase sell back rates/tokens for extra gambits. 

• maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Straycat said:
     I recently started spending iso leveling up some of my better covered 5*s to 360. 
    Why 360? Does it affect your scaling if you level above this point?
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Daredevil217 said:

I don’t want to mess up my MMR by champing and once again, I don’t have the Iso to champ and apply the extras anyway.
    Think you let the forums spook you.  Unless you have truces with the entire shard, which you don't, 5* MMR is quite open.  There's plenty of fat pointers to be eaten at all times.  

• Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Straycat said:
     I recently started spending iso leveling up some of my better covered 5*s to 360. 
    I was led to believe that 360 is a good soft cap level. Doesn’t mess up scaling, gets them stronger, doesn’t cost that much iso, etc. 
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Straycat said:
    Straycat said:
    I was led to believe that 360 is a good soft cap level. Doesn’t mess up scaling, gets them stronger, doesn’t cost that much iso, etc. 
    Before i jumped into the deep end, i raised thanos and oml to 375, this worked for me because i had so many champed 4*, they were still not the highest characters every week due to boosts.
  • The_A_Train
    The_A_Train Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    I didn't read all of the comments but here's my $0.02:

You have a pretty impressive hoard and it seems like you've been working methodically to champ your 4*s and minimize waste.

That said, just take into consideration the effort you've put in so far and whether or not you will lose any enjoyment from cracking into your hoard and potentially wasting a lot of covers & lt/cp. If that thought bothers you then work out a better way. You could probably champ 1 4* every 1.5 weeks, so might be worth pulling until you get an unusable cover, hopefully a latest, and then champ that character before pulling again. You're really close to having all the latest and most of the other 4*s champed...seems a shame to waste your hoard right now, but that's just my opinion. 

Like others have said, there are special cp stores that feature old 5*, so there's still a chance down the road. 

This is your game. You spend your time playing, planning and thinking about it so you play the way that's most fun for you. Let us know how it goes! 
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    It'll be fun to open those covers and spend some CP. Definitely let us know what you get :smile:
  • Daredevil217

You have a pretty impressive hoard and it seems like you've been working methodically to champ your 4*s and minimize waste.

That said, just take into consideration the effort you've put in so far and whether or not you will lose any enjoyment from cracking into your hoard and potentially wasting a lot of covers & lt/cp. If that thought bothers you then work out a better way. You could probably champ 1 4* every 1.5 weeks, so might be worth pulling until you get an unusable cover, hopefully a latest, and then champ that character before pulling again. You're really close to having all the latest and most of the other 4*s champed...seems a shame to waste your hoard right now, but that's just my opinion. 

Like others have said, there are special cp stores that feature old 5*, so there's still a chance down the road. 

This is your game. You spend your time playing, planning and thinking about it so you play the way that's most fun for you. Let us know how it goes! 
    My hoard has been a product of iso shortage. I try to minimize waste as much as possible but am still tossing covers constantly. I still open my heroic and event tokens and have to toss covers there as well as when I win them and can’t use them. It sucks but I learn to live with it.  So basically I hoard because even without CL/LT I get covers way faster than I can level them and can stay cover-positive champing as I get #14.  I get your point about ruining my hard work but I thought about this and really, what am hoarding for? (Same question I know). The dream is to get to a place where I no longer have waste, sure, but with no desire to enter the 5 game anytime soon, the hoard is really not necessary. And if I do want to enter the 5 game I’ll have gotten a leg up with a maxed DD and Gambit. 
  • The_A_Train

My hoard has been a product of iso shortage. I try to minimize waste as much as possible but am still tossing covers constantly. I still open my heroic and event tokens and have to toss covers there as well as when I win them and can’t use them. It sucks but I learn to live with it.  So basically I hoard because even without CL/LT I get covers way faster than I can level them and can stay cover-positive champing as I get #14.  I get your point about ruining my hard work but I thought about this and really, what am hoarding for? (Same question I know). The dream is to get to a place where I no longer have waste, sure, but with no desire to enter the 5 game anytime soon, the hoard is really not necessary. And if I do want to enter the 5 game I’ll have gotten a leg up with a maxed DD and Gambit. 
    Well put, man. Honestly, what you're saying makes perfect sense: the hoard isn't doing you any good if you dont want to enter the 5* game. Hell, it might actually be taking away from your enjoyment. You'll really enjoy DD when he's boosted (mine is 315, max covered), makes PvE so much faster. 

Rock on, enjoy! I'm a little jealous of the fun you're about to have with all the new covers And champ levels!!!
  • Daredevil217
    edited December 2017
    So sad that my flight was delayed, I missed my connecting, and will miss Christmas morning with my niece and nephew  (I really wanted to surprise them), I decided to crack my hoard in my hotel room.

Okay, here we go!

Took me 167 pulls (93 from tokens- and only ONE 5 from those token pulls!)

9 bonus heros that I used on Quake, Nico til she hit 5 in a color, and then switched to what will be Rogue champ levels. Only one bonus was a 5 (Daredevil, duh!)

24 5s total for 13.6% (1 bonus 5 makes 25 total). So under what you’d expect (damn tokens!)

Started with 1 purple Daredevil, 1 Red/1 Purple Gambit and a Red Thor.

Now here’s where the luck came through. Of my 24 5 Star pulls, 11 were Daredevil for a 45.8% success rate- 48% if you factor in the bonus hero.

Bad news is he landed 5/4/4 and I know his ideal is 5/3/5.  Hope he’s still viable at that build because I don’t plan to champ him. 

Gambit got seven covers and landed 5/2/2, while Thor got six and ended up 4/2/1.  I would really like to finish Gambit but feel it would make sense to do so when Matt is out of packs. Even though I’ll miss out on the sweet sweet sellback!  That alone makes it tempting. Plus with 5 Black being a must I’m not off to a great start with him. Would you all suggest selling off some of Gambit’s purple covers? While I can get the Iso and a token? If so, how many?

Onto the 4s!

I got 70 latest, and 73 classic (not factoring in bonuses). So pretty close to that 50/50 mark. 

In parentheses are the covers I pulled and in brackets are the increase in champ levels if they are Champed. If not Champed I have their build before the pulls and what their champ level will/would be once I scrounge the Iso up.

Of importance is that before pulling I figured I’d champ Sandman, Yondu, Rogue, Nightcrawler and Nico, letting Lockjaw and Hulk rot. However, with Nico at 12 covers I can instead champ Lockjaw and waste NONE of my latest pulls (Iso permitting).  Since I already had a Lockjaw on the vine and he’s first to expire. He may even go first. 

1. Cloak & Dagger (2/2/1) [274-279]
    2. Rocket & Groot (3/3/3) [275-284]
    3. Gamora (2/2/4) [275-283]
    4. Sandman (0/2/1) [5/3/5- 70-276]
    5. Vulture (4/3/4) [280-291]
    6. Mockingbird (2/3/2) [271-278]
    7. Yondu (3/2/2) [5/2/5- 140-276]
    8. Lockjaw (2/5/0) [3/3/5- 70-276]
    9. Rogue (2/1/1) [3/5/5- 140-276]
    10. Nightcrawler (0/1/3) [5/4/4-209-274]
    11. The Hulk (2/2/2) [2/2/3- 94]
    12. Nico Minoru (3/0/4) [2/2/1- 70]

Below are the Classics I already have champed. None of this was waste as it was all champ levels. 

1. Captain Marvel (0/1/0) [295-296]
    2. Iceman (1/0/3) [277-281]
    3. Peggy Carter (0/0/2) [277-279]
    4. Medusa (0/0/1) [279-280]
    5. Red Hulk (0/1/0) [275-276]
    6. Blade (0/0/1) [282-283]
    7. Riri Williams (1/1/0) [286-288]
    8. Cyclops (0/0/1) [273-274]
    9. Nova (0/1/1) [278-280]
    10. Jean Grey (0/1/1) [279-281]
    11. Star-Lord (0/1/1) [275-277]
    12. Wasp (1/0/0) [276-277]
    13. Iron Fist (1/0/1) [278-280]
    14. Agent Coulson (0/0/2) [283-285]
    15. Mordo (0/0/0) [282]
    16. Moon Knight (1/1/0) [272-274]
    17. The Punisher (1/0/2) [276-279]
    18. Iron Man (2/0/0) [279-281]
    19. Kate Bishop (0/2/0) [271-273]
    20. Carnage (0/0/1) [275-276]
    21. Luke Cage (0/0/0) [275]
    22. X-23 (0/1/1) [279-281]
    23. Professor X (0/1/1) [271-273]
    24. Gwenpool (0/0/0) [274]
    25. Venom (A.V.) (0/0/0) [275]
    26. Deadpool (0/1/1) [275-277]
    27. Ant-Man (2/1/1) [273-277]
    28. Miles Morales (1/1/0) [280-282]
    29. Winter Soldier (0/2/0) [271-273]
    30. Spider-Woman (0/0/0) [273]
    31. The Hulk (T.A.) (0/1/2) [274-277]
    32. Nick Fury (1/0/0) [276-277]
    33. War Machine (0/0/0) [276]
    34. Elektra (0/0/1) [277-278]
    35. Wolverine (2/0/1) [279-282]
    36. Drax (1/0/2) [274-277]
    37. Falcon (0/2/0) [282-284]

Here are the classics I have left to champ. Of the 13 pulls here only the 2 Quakes are useable. The other 11 are my only waste out of 276 pulls. Kingpin is a sob.  Got more of him than I did some latest and I already had one on the vine. Strongly considered champing but I think I’ll pass. 

1. Quake (0/1/1) [4/3/4- 140]
    2. Thor (0/0/2) [4/2/5- 209]
    3. Mr. Fantastic (0/0/0) [5/3/5- 140]
    4. Invisible Woman (1/0/0) [5/4/4- 209]
    5. Spider-Gwen (0/0/0) [2/5/3- 140]
    6. Venom (E.B.) (0/0/0) [5/3/4- 140]
    7. Ghost Rider (0/0/0) [5/3/3- 70]
    8. Kingpin (1/2/2) [4/4/5]
    9. Thing (2/1/0) [5/4/4- 140]

TLDR: if I can get the Iso to champ Rogue, Nightcrawler, Yondu, Sandman and Lockjaw in 2 weeks, which is possible... then 96% of my pulls would have been useable covers. And... I max-covered Daredevil while getting Gambit and Thor halfway there. Out of LT but still have 4,930 CP (a lot probably came back from those 4* champ rewards). So still a sizeable hoard!

• CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Congratulations on the pulls and sorry you missed the flight.

For Daredevil, 5/4/4 is viable and you have 5 in what most consider to be the must have power so that's great.  I wouldn't sell any Gambits and you're well on your way to maybe a 5/3/5 build when you factor in swaps for any duplicate purples you may pull.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Congrats on your pulls, sounds like you got what you wanted!! And, yes, to echo charliecroker, DD is very viable at 5/4/4. I run him that build when I don't have a better green user. You got 5 in the best power. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Keep the Gambits. If you want you can start pulling again once DD is out of Latest, and if you get a sixth purple you can put in a request to Customer Service to swap it for another color - that way you get both a Gambit cover and another random fivestar cover. That's much more efficient than just swapping a Gambit cover for another random fivestar cover.
    Also keep in mind that Nico Minoru is required in SHIELD training now, so if you level her up to 209 you can get an extra America Chavez cover (well, you need Kingpin and Carnage at that level too...).
  • Daredevil217
    So I was mistaken. Gambit is actually 4/2/3 (started with black/red and not purple/red).  So even better than I thought with the extra black! 

Super happy to hear about DD being good the way his covers landed.

Since I don’t have Kingpin at a good level I think I might skip Shield training altogether. I need all my Iso put into my designated champ targets at this point!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I missed you not having Kingpin leveled. That's a pretty steep investment then and you are probably better off working on other fourstar champions.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    I’ll be interested to hear if you end up using a soft-capped 5 much.  I think you’ve set yourself up well for the 5* transition, but in my experience an underleveled 5 is much weaker than a good boosted 4.

If you don’t think he’s useful at 360-380, pull more when DD leaves, get Gambit fully covered, champ those 2, and you’ll have a great pair for the 5* transition!
  • Daredevil217
    Pants1000 said:
    I’ll be interested to hear if you end up using a soft-capped 5 much.  I think you’ve set yourself up well for the 5* transition, but in my experience an underleveled 5 is much weaker than a good boosted 4.

If you don’t think he’s useful at 360-380, pull more when DD leaves, get Gambit fully covered, champ those 2, and you’ll have a great pair for the 5* transition!
    Yeah. I was looking at him and he’s pretty weak at 255 even with max covers. He’s still my favorite super hero and I’m glad to have him on my roster even as just a trophy of sorts. And I’d rather have him and not use him than want him later and not be able to get him because he left tokens. And I agree that it if I ever do move on to the 5 game then he’d be ready to go as my first champ. As it stands he’s replaced OML as my 3* Court Death Partner against seed teams and trivial nodes. 
  • The_A_Train
    If you can afford it, champing kingpin and taking Nico up to 209 will provide more return than some of your other options: cp, iso & a head start on the latest 4*...not shabby (plus have the most vine covers for KP, counts for something?)
  • Daredevil217
    If you can afford it, champing kingpin and taking Nico up to 209 will provide more return than some of your other options: cp, iso & a head start on the latest 4*...not shabby (plus have the most vine covers for KP, counts for something?)
    Well I already Champed Lockjaw sadly. He’s the one I’d have most liked to have given up