Use HP or CP to get my last R&G4 blue cover?

Options
jtsings
jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2017 in Roster and Level Help
   Low and behold the only cover I need for R&G4 is in HFH store and the sale ends in two days.  Right now I have every 4 star rostered except for Nico and ME Hulk.  I'm not all that concerned about 5's right now, but I do have 5Thor in my queue that expires in 5 days,  ME Hulk cover that expires in 9 days, and 5Archangel that expires in 10 days.   I essentially have 3 slots that have unnecessary characters, two 1*s for support in DDQ and Howard the Duck that I can easily part with if necessary.  I do have 2 R&G covers that expire in 10 days but I'd have to jump on the HFH sale if I buy with HP (which would leave me 250 HP).  I do currently have the CP to buy the cover but I'd obviously wait to buy that cover til they're close to expiration.  Any thought's, opinions on my best move. 

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I usually recommend the HP option since HP is a lot easier to come by than CP, and it also gives you tokens and ISO. It really depends on whether you Think you can earn the HP to buy the roster slots you need Before the covers start expiring though. It may be better to skip the HP offer and wait as long as possible to buy with CP - maybe you'll get lucky and get the cover anyway in those ten Days?

• jtsings
    Options
       Thanks for the advice Quebbster.  I found myself asking, what will be the effect to my game in each scenario: a possible HP shortage and the possibility that I might pull a blue cover in the next 8 days, or missing out on 6 classic pulls.  I think I've resolved to  the likelihood of me pulling a blue cover as being highly unlikely and a belief that I really shouldn't have an HP shortage (which I never thought I would ever say).  So depending on RNG of course, 6 classic pulls could possibly be of great help to my 4* roster; whereas if I can't roster a 5 star character now, life will definitely go on and it shouldn't effect me that greatly.

So in conclusion, I think I've decided that it's less of a risk and more beneficial overall to spend the HP rather than miss out on strengthening my 4* roster overall. 
  • jtsings
    Options
       And yet the game decides to slap me in the face lol.  I rarely if ever get a 4 star character on a heroic token and I've never gotten a 4* bonus hero on a heroic token.  RNG shined brightly on me because with my last heroic token I got the bonus blue cover and fortunately before I was able to buy the blue cover :-) .  Thanks again for the words of insight though, and I'm glad I didn't have to make the tough choice lol.