Sorin81 Posts: 544 Critical Contributor
Wow. 
Is this a mistake? I hope not.
Is this instead of HoD this week?

Comments

• speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I could only react with "Wow!" too. Finally something different (even if it's old)! Well done!
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 544 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah, this should be fun.
  • ElimGarak
    ElimGarak Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    I loved that event! Thx a lot guys
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's pretty sweet, almost makes me wonder if they had checked our conversations in recent threads (as this was brought up and talked about significantly just a day or two ago).

You're doin great Octagon!  Keep it up :D
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Sorin81 said:
    Wow. 
    Is this a mistake? I hope not.
    Is this instead of HoD this week?
    Definitely not a mistake :) And yes, this replaces Hour of Devastation this weekend
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I also like the idea of bringing back some old fashioned events, it brings variety and I'll have fun facing those bosses with new decks. 
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is great! We had fun digging through our old spreadsheets to find those enemy decklists. It’ll be really interesting to test out some of the newer cards!
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I also like the idea of bringing back some old fashioned events, It brings variety and allows to face those bosses with new decks. It's much more interesting than the weekly rotgp
  • Grixis197
    Grixis197 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I really thought this was a hard event back in the day normally struggled on the node 4 battles mainly, Avacyn was easy 
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I. Love. This. So. Much. 
    Couldn't be happier right now. This is an absolutely fantastic 2nd anniversary/holidays celebration, easily better than any other celebratory event in any other game I've seen. Huge props to Oktagon for this one.
  • Drewster
    Drewster Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm having fun with this too! I like we can play old events and kinda wish there was a standard event going on the same time this weekend.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nice idea for me too.

My library was not as good as it is now to face this event in the old times.

Thank you.
  • Doomstat
    Doomstat Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This was my first time playing through this event, very fun. This makes me even more excited for the game and it's future.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Done after one cycle. Nice event but not really challenging with newer pw and cards. Maybe I  do 5.3 as bonus. 
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I am curious to see what will happen when the Fat Pack tries to resolve when they no longer exist. Either they will fail to be produced and people will be angry, or it will produce a premium pack and people will be not quite as angry. If it actually produces a Fat Pack I will be incredibly shocked.
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I am curious to see what will happen when the Fat Pack tries to resolve when they no longer exist.
    Just because fat packs can't be bought doesn't mean they don't exist.  It's likely there are some players who've still got some fat packs hoarded in their inventories; D3 has always and will always need to ensure they function as normal if/when they're ever opened.
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I am curious to see what will happen when the Fat Pack tries to resolve when they no longer exist. Either they will fail to be produced and people will be angry, or it will produce a premium pack and people will be not quite as angry. If it actually produces a Fat Pack I will be incredibly shocked.
    They probably still exist in the code, I know someone who was holding on to a Big Box from QB for ages
  • deletedgone
    deletedgone Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2017
    Options
    This same thing happened not long ago when Hibernum reran an old event.  It yielded a real fat pack.
  • jchesnutt
    jchesnutt Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Too bad the Holiday Showdown was a bust though... a whole day of waiting to finish and the end reward was a single booster of Kaladesh fillled with commons... Kind of anti-climactic if you ask me.