Sold my Gambit3

Comments

• LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    3* was ravaged because of the stupid 005 builds.  The player base found the loophole as they’re apt to do and it forced the devs hands.  As much as 5* gambit is broken and terrible at the top end, there’s many more players in the lower tiers, and the Black only version was significantly skewing things at those levels.
  • JaGo
    JaGo Posts: 93 Match Maker
    edited December 2017
    Daiches said:
    Was he 266 already with a dupe ready? Otherwise that was pretty damn stupid.

Stupid? No , but you seem to be. Also thanks for hitting me with your champed Gambit5 team last season multiple times. Must have felt great for you.
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    I kept my champ and my 0/0/5 (which I had annoyingly just finished building the day before they announced the rework).  I doubt I’ll use him anymore, beyond when I have to, but he’s good for champ rewards.  And I figure the 0/0/5 will give me a head start on a dup someday.

That being said, I can remember a time in my game progression when roster slots were precious and hp was scarce.  I can definitely see selling him if someone is at that stage of the game.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    JaGo said:
    Daiches said:

Stupid? No , but you seem to be. Also thanks for hitting me with your champed Gambit5 team last season multiple times. Must have felt great for you.
    Stupid is as stupid does, as they say.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is kind of amusing when the enemy team uses a low level black 3* gambit team up and manages to do more damage to themselves than you (since there's an additional team member to hurt).  Without the rework, I would have missed out on that.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    JaGo said:
    Daiches said:

Stupid is as stupid does, as they say.
    Hardly. 

There isn’t much more misguided in MPQ than selling a champed 3* if it’s not 266. He gives Rogue covers, LTs and CPs...not only that but you put a target on your head in PvP using a loaner.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    JaGo said:
    Daiches said:

Pretty sure that would have been sealbashing to make points for the shard. Nothing personal, just business.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster said:
    My 3* Gambit is 171. I looked at the sell price, which I think was 65000 iso and 1500HP if I remember rightly. That would definitely be useful as I have two or three 4*s fully covered awaiting iso for champing, however, I would love to get some more covers for Rogue, which I know 3* Gambit gives, so I might hang onto him for a while. Who knows, they might rework him again to put him to how he should have been in the first place.

My level 209 3* Gambit has a similar sale price (1500 HP, 63292 ISO), so if you want to farm him it's probably better to sell him off when he's at level 166, I assume you will get the most bang for your buck that way.
    I'll hang onto him until I get one more cover, then sell at the improved rate and start again. I don't think I'll miss him too much as he as I hardly use him, and the resources could be used elsewhere.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    My 3* Gambit is 171. I looked at the sell price, which I think was 65000 iso and 1500HP if I remember rightly. That would definitely be useful as I have two or three 4*s fully covered awaiting iso for champing, however, I would love to get some more covers for Rogue, which I know 3* Gambit gives, so I might hang onto him for a while. Who knows, they might rework him again to put him to how he should have been in the first place.

My level 209 3* Gambit has a similar sale price (1500 HP, 63292 ISO), so if you want to farm him it's probably better to sell him off when he's at level 166, I assume you will get the most bang for your buck that way.
    I'll hang onto him until I get one more cover, then sell at the improved rate and start again. I don't think I'll miss him too much as he as I hardly use him, and the resources could be used elsewhere.
    If you must, keep him until 167. 1 lt for one more cover. 
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster said:

He's at 171 as it stands.
  • Daiches
    Quebbster said:

He's at 171 as it stands.
    In any case selling a champed character before you've gotten all rewards is a big iso hit. Even with the increased sale price.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    There’s plenty of toons that are hot garbage.  But the champ rewards keeps them all on my roster besides the aforementioned necisity with pve etc.

i sold my champ OML during the nerf and while I was glad to get the loot from it, as soon as I pulled my first after, I realize it was probably a mistake as it would cost me 13 covers worth of champ rewards to re-start the process.  (Which even from 450-463 is 4 LT, 100cp, 750hp and 15k iso)

If you had the 005 one, sell and don’t look back.  But otherwise, selling a non-max champ is just not the best return on investments.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Sold if only so I can get an extra Rogue champ reward when the time comes. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    JaGo said:
    It sincerely pained me to sell my champed 3*Gambit, but after his "rework" it made more sense to sell and rebuild.
    Sorry, am I reading that right...you had him champed and you sold him so you could respec him better? Because you realise a champed character can be any spec you like, right?

Or are you just freeing up a roster slot? Cos that just seems like a waste of time and ISO to me...
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sold if only so I can get an extra Rogue champ reward when the time comes. 
    It's not clear that is much of a win.  To go from nothing to the first Rogue cover, you need 30 Gambit covers: 13 to champ him, and then a further 17 to reach level 183.  From that point, it's 40 covers to the next Rogue at 223, and then 42 covers to the next at 265.

So starting over only puts you closer to a Rogue cover if your Gambit is at levels 183-192, 223-234, or 265.  And with any of those you're giving up a large chunk of iso in exchange for saving at most 12 Gambit covers.
  • JaGo
    JaGo Posts: 93 Match Maker
    JaGo said:
    It sincerely pained me to sell my champed 3*Gambit, but after his "rework" it made more sense to sell and rebuild.
    Sorry, am I reading that right...you had him champed and you sold him so you could respec him better? Because you realise a champed character can be any spec you like, right?

Or are you just freeing up a roster slot? Cos that just seems like a waste of time and ISO to me...

Mr, Nexus, I believe it was a clear protest to sell a champed Gambit3 to express my dissatisfaction that they went overboard with h1s rework. Of course I understand the mechanics of how the champ system works. I'm not "stupid" as the whale Daiches mentioned. I can't possibly champ his 5* version anytime soon and was very dissatisfied with the 3* version that I could actually use. 

-JaGo
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    JaGo said:

... I'm not "stupid" as the whale Daiches mentioned. ... 

-JaGo
    You really, really need to let this go... It's not a good look.
  • Daiches
    Yepyep said:
    JaGo said:

... I'm not "stupid" as the whale Daiches mentioned. ... 

-JaGo
    You really, really need to let this go... It's not a good look.
    TIL: buying a Stark every 2 months makes you a whale.
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2017
    I sold my 2/2/2 to get the 300 HP required to save my 10th red 4* Blade dying on the vine by taking up the HfH offer, champion him, and then use the latest LT to pick up my first black Vulture which is arguably his best colour and which allowed me to have 3 active powers for him. Overall I think it was a reasonable swap as I figure a champion 4* Blade in the hand is worth more than a half covered Gambit in the bush especially now that he doesn't have the passive black. 
  • Daiches
    I sold my 2/2/2 to get the 300 HP required to save my 10th red 4* Blade dying on the vine by taking up the HfH offer, champion him, and then use the latest LT to pick up my first black Vulture which is arguably his best colour and which allowed me to have 3 active powers for him. Overall I think it was a reasonable swap as I figure a champion 4* Blade in the hand is worth more than a half covered Gambit in the bush especially now that he doesn't have the passive black. 
    Only 300 hp? Did you not put ISO in him? Level 90 1/0/5 Gambat gave 625 HP. Level 89 0/0/5 Gambat 500 HP. Consult forums or the community first next time for best sale points. You may have missed out on your dupe selling.