Fearless Defenders Discussion Thread

Comments

• Konman wrote:
    If it went off alliance average then 1 man alliances would be unstoppable.

Logically, you can't have an alliance of one, and implementing a minimum sized alliance for events would be simple enough.
    It still stands to reason that wherever you set the minimum is where the best value is to be found. Less coordination, less spent on shields, fewer targets showing up in people's hit lists.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    I think everyone will benefit from this (overall) as it's going to encourage more people to try harder and push further in events and hold their positions at the end. Which (should) mean more progression awards for everyone at the top as their will be more points.

Progression rewards are something I was hoping it would help. Tired of them being dangled in muh face. Lol
  • They could do the best 5 scores from the alliance are counted. If you a one man alliance you have no hope. A 6 plus one a member could in your alliance could take the weekend off and your not effected so the bigger alliance has a slight advantage but not huge.
  • Sumilea wrote:
    They could do the best 5 scores from the alliance are counted. If you a one man alliance you have no hope. A 6 plus one a member could in your alliance could take the weekend off and your not effected so the bigger alliance has a slight advantage but not huge.
    The problem there means that not everyone is contributing (bad for morale) but everyone benefits from it (also encourages coasting and twinking).
  • Riggy wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:
    They could do the best 5 scores from the alliance are counted. If you a one man alliance you have no hope. A 6 plus one a member could in your alliance could take the weekend off and your not effected so the bigger alliance has a slight advantage but not huge.
    The problem there means that not everyone is contributing (bad for morale) but everyone benefits from it (also encourages coasting and twinking).
    Other games do this, and their solution is to provide the reward to the top x members. I suppose it promotes in-alliance competition.
  • None of the other rewards have changed have they? I don't know how people are seeing this as a negative. Even if your alliance doesn't do great they get a bonus reward more than before. If you do great you get a 3* cover. Not that huge of an advantage from winning. This is a positive thing.
  • Riggy wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:
    Other games do this, and their solution is to provide the reward to the top x members. I suppose it promotes in-alliance competition.
    That's where my "bad for morale" comes in. It promotes smaller alliances as people leave to find a place where they'll be more valuable.
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Riggy wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:

Can't you boot players out of an alliance?
  • Riggy wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:

Just do the average ranking (not rating) of the five best members. Due to different brackets, someone can have a lower rating but a higher bracket ranking, so it gives an incentive for everyone to contribute.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    None of the other rewards have changed have they? I don't know how people are seeing this as a negative. Even if your alliance doesn't do great they get a bonus reward more than before. If you do great you get a 3* cover. Not that huge of an advantage from winning. This is a positive thing.

They removed the blue cover from the individual rankings. As someone who is not part of an alliance, and very likely never will be, this is an uninstall button.
  • None of the other rewards have changed have they? I don't know how people are seeing this as a negative. Even if your alliance doesn't do great they get a bonus reward more than before. If you do great you get a 3* cover. Not that huge of an advantage from winning. This is a positive thing.

Yes, they have. The blue cover is not included in the regular top 5 anymore, just the alliance scores.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Riggy wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:

Jungle heat is like this...the top members of the clan get the tourny rewards. I get kicked from clans all the time because I don't play that game as much as this one.
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    So how many alliances are participating in Defenders at the moment? As an unaligned player, all I can see are the top 10 ranked alliances. Can anyone see about how many there are participating so far, and is the rewards are applicable for the numbers?

thanks
  • Konman wrote:
    So how many alliances are participating in Defenders at the moment? As an unaligned player, all I can see are the top 10 ranked alliances. Can anyone see about how many there are participating so far, and is the rewards are applicable for the numbers?

thanks

I show 3000+ alliances joined so far (my alliance has only one member in so far with 0 points).
  • Konman wrote:

thanks

My alliance has a rating of 302 and is ranked #150 or so right now. I think we were ranked around #600 earlier when our rating was in the 100s. Though this is still pretty early and probably not a lot of people has played, and I'm sure there's going to be a lot of people joining alliances. I joined one with two of my friends since getting something is better than getting nothing, and I don't even know who the 4th guy on the alliance is.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Impulse wrote:
    I for one think the alliances are a nice addition. It's not like you're forced to be in one to participate or you're missing out on any unbelievable alliance-only prizes

That would be true, if they didn't gut existing rewards and shift them to alliances. Alliances add nothing, they're another irritating hurdle and all you get is same reward. Yippie.
    The only real shift was that one Cover for the 1-5 prize went over to Alliance rewards as a test. Other than that, rewards are the same tier for tier compared to Predator and Prey, with 500 extra Iso-8 for 1-5 in the newest Tournament. I get that you might not like that we shifted a cover over, but I'm honestly not sure where the thought of "gutting" comes from. The Alliance rewards are (except for the one cover shift) a bonus on top of current rewards.
  • It just dawned on me that having an alliance of 15- 20 top-tier players isn't the best idea.

Since most of your teammates will be appearing in each other's MMR-bubbles throughout the tournament, you could find yourself in a situation where half of the people you skip through are alliance members.
  • Riggy wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:

The alternative is having to have a huge team to place well. For that reason alone, I would have thought best x cumulative scores would be preferable over total cumulative or average based scoring systems. Bad morale, coasting etc - each alliance would have to police that in whatever way they see fit!
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    It just dawned on me that having an alliance of 15- 20 top-tier players isn't the best idea.

Since most of your teammates will be appearing in each other's MMR-bubbles throughout the tournament, you could find yourself in a situation where half of the people you skip through are alliance members.
    Why's that bad? You can make sure you don't lose points and better coordinate shield usage.
  • IceIX wrote:
    The only real shift was that one Cover for the 1-5 prize went over to Alliance rewards as a test. Other than that, rewards are the same tier for tier compared to Predator and Prey, with 500 extra Iso-8 for 1-5 in the newest Tournament. I get that you might not like that we shifted a cover over, but I'm honestly not sure where the thought of "gutting" comes from. The Alliance rewards are (except for the one cover shift) a bonus on top of current rewards.

Speaking for myself, the cover you shifted is the one I'm shortest on, and need the most. And it's impossible for me to get in this tournament unless I join an alliance, which I don't want to do. You're also removing a lot of the incentive for pushing heavily in this tournament. You may see it as minor, but the covers are the only reason I participate in tournaments at all - removing one of the three covers from the top 5 (which I can usually hit if I try) is removing a third of the prize.