Brag Thread - Card Count

Comments

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmmmmm, if we're bragging about number of cards as an implication of player skill, shouldn't it be weighed against the amount you've spent on the game?

Not that spending money and contributing to the game isn't a good thing, but at this point the whales could (and some probably do) possess every card in the game...so the number of cards owned really isn't a measure of anything as a stand alone measurement.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    spesler said:
    I have all the cards and am an excellent player - clearly there is a correlation.
    lol. ;)

First rule of statistics: Correlation is not _______
  • Houdin
    Houdin Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    The 30 or so cards I'm missing that are craftable at this time are not cards I think I would use typically in any deck. I could craft more right now but I think I will wait for ixalan to drop. Or perhaps I will craft one here and there if I feel like I want a new toy. I am very excited that I can now focus my efforts on maximizing all my olaneswalkers and saving for deck slots. Great job D3/Oktagon 
  • theyrejustelves
    theyrejustelves Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Congrats to the 1300+ folks!  Amazing that there are 2 1400+!!  Wow!

I've managed 1238.  I'll be striving to fill it out!
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Really nice to people getting 1400+. That's truly amazing. (especially since we have a total of 1405 cards without masterpieces)

I'm sitting at 1369 with all commons and uncommons filled, plus:
    ORI : complete
    BFZ block: 277/291 (low prio rares & mythics missing)
    SOI block: complete
    KLD set: all rares & mythics (except the 3 unlootable rares)
    AER set: missing 5 mythics
    AMK: missing 8 mythics (though not high prio for me)
    HOU: missing 3 completely irrelevant mythics that are craftable plus a few non-lootables

On the masterpieces level... nevermind, I got only 3/40.
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    1395 here with 7 MPs. Missing 15 mythics and 2 of the exclusive social rares. Won't be breaking 1400 until IXL comes out unless I get lucky and pull 4 more MPs/non-HOU mythics. We'll get the holiday mythic in a few days and I don't plan on opening any more HOU packs until the exclusives are available.

• Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker

I'm sitting at 1375 still have 70,000 crafting thingee's.

I'll hold off crafting the mythics I want from HOU when the price drops to 5000

• majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    1403 with only 4 MP. I blindly crafted all the cards while the counter was bugged. Fortunately I still have a modest stash of gubbins left.
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,077 Chairperson of the Boards
    spesler said:
    I have all the cards and am an excellent player - clearly there is a correlation.
    Masterpieces are cards too. 
    Do you have all of those too?  :o
  • adman149
    adman149 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Gubbins for the win!!! I have cards, and orbs. That's what this thread is about, right???
  • deletedgone
    deletedgone Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    khurram said:

Masterpieces are cards too. Do you have all of those too?  :o

You got me there.  Although I guess I'm at 1414 now.  Thanks D3 and Oktagon for the holiday card!
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,077 Chairperson of the Boards
    spesler said:
    khurram said: ok

Masterpieces are cards too. Do you have all of those too?  :o

You got me there.  Although I guess I'm at 1414 now.  Thanks D3 and Oktagon for the holiday card!
    How many MPs do you have, 16?
  • deletedgone
    deletedgone Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    khurram said:
    How many MPs do you have, 16?

I have 13 MPs.  Also the three referral rares and both holiday exclusives. Missing four HOU exclusives.
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    I ended up at 1339. About 90% of the mythic and rare cards I'm still missing are from Legacy, and I have everything that could be considered "useful" from Standard, so I'm feeling pretty great about it.

The only downside is that I spent all if my 140K orbs to get to this point. So now I'm hoarding again.
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Apparently 1293 is a magical number. 
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    i got 1235 not great but i got all the commons and uncommons along with all but one mythic from origins. lots of mythics and gold left to craft though so keep sending those dupes and free packs my way lol.
  • Furordraco
    Furordraco Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    1010 recently. I didnt have the guts to write 998 when yall are above 1200 :disappointed:
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    no need to be ashamed we all had to start low you just started later is all. Besides it is how you use the cards you do have that matter
  • Mickleberry
    Mickleberry Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    1130... just 1 Masterpiece (Shatterstorm), but I was lucky enough to have pulled it in a regular booster.