Combo and / or Stall

Options
unclejimbo
unclejimbo Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
Essentially all I see since coming back to the game.  (Gold Mastery)

Anybody else seeing a lot of this and getting tired of it?  I'd suggest d3go take a cue from the actual property they are licensing and fix it.  The days of Magic where every deck had to have blue in it are what almost killed the game.  Now the game is stronger than ever because fun and variety were brought into the game.  Games that rely on coin flips where everyone essentially has the same deck and whoever gets to go first wins the game never outperform games that are genuinely engaging.

I'm sure that Ixalan and the next set or two are already in the pipe and there probably isn't much that can be done to undo what's gone into those sets, but the sooner this gets addressed, the sooner things can get fixed.

Comments

• ElimGarak
    ElimGarak Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    What exactly are you talking about?
  • unclejimbo
    unclejimbo Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Things like Gather the Pack graveyard cycling, Tezz Omni combo / stall, etc.
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 976 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Erm, the actual paper game works with combo's'too.....

and stalling is a very bormal tactic for blue....
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Keep in mind in MTGPQ you actually have the upper hand of games always starting with you. The concept "on draw" is not even relevant as the starting player still gets to draw a card at the beginning of their first turn. I have yet to see mirror matches, I've in fact seen quite a bit of diversity in both Standard and Legacy events. Probably some popular strategies are only becoming accessible to players now, so you might see them a bit more often, but I expect in time people will get bored with them and start diversifying.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just wait until you get to platinum.