***** Namor (The First Mutant) *****

Options
TPF Alexis
TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
I figure the king of the sea (and one of the two oldest Marvel characters) should be in here at some point. With such a long history, he has a lot of possibilities, so this is just one potential set:

***** Namor (The First Mutant) *****

Strength of the Ocean
Blue Passive
- Namor draws strength from contact with water, using it to power his strikes and heal himself, but he can be weakened if deprived of it. If his team has less than 5 Blue AP, all damage done by Namor is reduced by 25%. Between 11-20 Blue AP, all his damage is increased by 25%. 21+ Blue AP, all his damage is increased by 50%, and he heals 158 damage per Turn.

2 Covers: -20% below 4 Blue AP. +30% at 9-19, +60%, and heals 204 Damage per Turn at 20+.
3 Covers: -15% below 3 Blue AP. +40% at 7-16, +80%, and heals 260 Damage per Turn at 17+.
4 Covers: -10% below 2 Blue AP. +50% at 5-13, +100%, and heals 316 Damage per Turn at 14+.
5 Covers: -5% if no Blue AP. +60% at 3-10, +120%, and heals 371 Damage per Turn at 11+

Out of Your Element
9 Purple
- Namor drags an opponent beneath the waves, restraining and slowly drowning them. Select an opposing Character and a Blue basic tile. The chosen tile becomes a 2-turn Countdown tile. While it is on the board, the chosen Character is stunned, and takes 646 Damage per Turn. Additionally, Namor gains 2 Blue AP per Turn the Countdown is on the board.
2 Covers: 838 Damage per Turn
3 Covers: 1404 Damage per Turn. Gains 3 AP per Turn
4 Covers: Countdown lasts for 3 Turns
5 Covers: 1989 Damage per Turn

Improvised Weaponry
12 Green
- Namor grabs some nearby large object, ranging from a car up to a naval destroyer, and hurls it at his foes. Deals 2423 Damage to a random enemy, and then destroys 5 random tiles. Destroyed tiles do not generate AP, but deal their damage to the enemy Team.
2 Covers: Destroys 8 tiles
3 Covers: 3519 Damage
4 Covers: Destroys 10 tiles
5 Covers: 4448 Damage

And yeah, the First Mutant title has been retconned away, but I feel like he still deserves that gravitas. And it does still fit based on publishing history.

Comments

• MissoesRicRose
    MissoesRicRose Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Very good your idea. Let them consider your idea of ​​putting Namor. Because they are filling the game of repeated characters.
  • IceyOne
    IceyOne Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I can't remember the last time I've seen Namor in a game. Its way overdue.
  • MissoesRicRose
    Options
    It would be great to have a character with water powers. They could put it, just as DC has Neptune.
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Wasn't Apocalypse the first mutant?  Never was a big fan of Namor, but he's a big enough name that he should be in the game.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    heybub said:
    Wasn't Apocalypse the first mutant?  Never was a big fan of Namor, but he's a big enough name that he should be in the game.
    That was a retcon, as I mentioned in the last paragraph. Wolverine and Mystique were both active mutants before him according to current canon as well. But he was promoted and known as The First Mutant for decades, and he is still the first by comic publication date.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, Namor is a complete bad-donkey  :p

Too bad his rights are so tangled with Universal and whatnot.  Bring Emma Frost into the mix also and we can have a real Dark Reign event a la Sinister Six.  The event would be Goblin, Hood, Doom, Loki, Namor, and the White Queen...

Since the game used to have "Dark Reign" in it's title, this makes too much sense to ever happen  ;)
  • MissoesRicRose
    Options
    Emma Frost would be a great choice for 5 *. Well, it is Omega level
  • Image3320
    Image3320 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I need Namor to finish off the core Defenders. 
    I have Norrin, Robert and Steven. 
    I'm hoping 
  • Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    "The Sub-Mariner" will more than likely be his subtitle, not "First Mutant." But yes, he's overdue, and I think he should come with both the Hero and Villain tag. I think Medusa should be similarly tagged.