Rewards:

1 = IW Green
2-5 = BP B and Yellow 3000 ISO 100 HP
6-10 = BP Black and Yellow 2500 ISO 100 HP
11-25 = Yellow 2500 ISO and 100 HP
26-50 = Yellow 15000 ISO and 50 HP
Green Thor is the reward for the 2* tier

Progression notables:
Red Psylocke at 1100 and Green X-Force at 1300 (both down 100 points)
50 HP prize at 500 has been REMOVED

Parallel Alliance Prize Reward List:
Rank 1: Blue BP 2000 ISO 500 HP
Rank 2-50 Blue BP 2000 ISO 100 HP
Rank 51-100 Blue BP 2000 ISO 50 HP\

EDIT: I have edited the Alliance list to add the following:

Rank 101-250 50 HP 1500 ISO
Rank 251-500 50 HP 1000 ISO
Rank 501-1000 50 HP 500 ISO
Rank 1001-1750 50 HP 250 ISO
Rank 1751-2500 50 HP 200 ISO
Rank 2501-5000 200 ISO
5001-10000 140 ISO

Comments

• MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Aw sheet now we don't even get three covers for a top 5!
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014

Are you serious?
    Jesus christ, devs.

Basically forcing everyone into alliances, since that's where all the HP has been shifted to.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Toxicadam wrote:

Are you serious?

Jesus christ, devs.

It's basically just moved to the alliance rewards.
  • They are pretty crummy rewards.
  • I modified the alliance reward list to add the rest of it.

While the 500 tourney 50 HP reward has been removed, almost everyone in an alliance will probably get 50 HP given that 2500 alliances are awarded 50 HP.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    So now the difference between top 5 and 10 is ony 500 iso. Not much of an incentive to get in the top 5 any more. If you want 3 3* cover you need to be in an Alliance now.
    Alliance reward is non-bracket. I can tell that S.H.I.E.L.D is going to take first place.
  • radav
    radav Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Ok so they've shifted the normal 3rd cover for top 5 over as well as the 50 HP from 500 points. Black Panther doesn't interest me at all. Enjoy the event everyone. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Okay, looks like I'ma need an alliance.
  • So the more members you have in the alliance, the higher your chance of winning since the members' points add up? or is it an average?
  • I disagree with the decision to remove the blue cover from the top five rewards and shifting it to an Alliance reward. That sucks.
  • radav
    radav Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    So the more members you have in the alliance, the higher your chance of winning since the members' points add up? or is it an average?

I have a feeling it will just be the total but, it would make a lot more sense to do it as an average so that the inevitable 10+ person alliance doesn't just walk away with an easy win. I'd be surprised if its not the total though because that way it will encourage people to spend HP on member slots for alliances. Not really liking this addition to the game at all tbh.
  • I hate this change. Probably my least favorite change they've implemented to date. I was told that alliances were going to be a "for fun only" "extra feature", so I chose not to join one when all the forumers were starting them up. Now I have to find an alliance in order to have a chance at the rewards that I could previously earn by myself. This is a mobile game, so I imagine there are tons of solo players, or players with casual friends who are now locked out of getting 3 covers by working hard.

If you're going to add new features, you should be doing just that: adding. Not taking away from something else.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Celerity wrote:
    I hate this change. Probably my least favorite change they've implemented to date. I was told that alliances were going to be a "for fun only" "extra feature", so I chose not to join one when all the forumers were starting them up. Now I have to find an alliance in order to have a chance at the rewards that I could previously earn by myself. This is a mobile game, so I imagine there are tons of solo players, or players with casual friends who are now locked out of getting 3 covers by working hard.

If you're going to add new features, you should be doing just that: adding. Not taking away from something else.

+1, really not liking these changes at all.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    I'm pretty sure that IceIX said that its additive. And honestly with the costs of roster slots in alliances it makes sense it would be as it encourages people to spend large amounts of Hp for tangible benifits.
    As for the changes? meh icon_e_confused.gif i'll reserve judgement till after i see how things pan out
  • radav wrote:
    So the more members you have in the alliance, the higher your chance of winning since the members' points add up? or is it an average?

I have a feeling it will just be the total but, it would make a lot more sense to do it as an average so that the inevitable 10+ person alliance doesn't just walk away with an easy win. I'd be surprised if its not the total though because that way it will encourage people to spend HP on member slots for alliances. Not really liking this addition to the game at all tbh.
    The idea of averages is terrible as it would unfairly penalize an alliance when a team member has to take a weekend off or can only play casually in an event. At least with summation, players can make up for missing players by playing more themselves.

If you as a loner or small alliance player doesn't want to join a large alliance, then that's entirely your decision and you can still place highly in the individual rankings and earn rewards appropriate for a solo player.

Based on what I've seen so far, I think more people have joined the tournament near the beginning. I'd love to get IceIX's input on specific numbers of when people are joining this tournament compared to past tournaments. It might actually be easier for the solo players who want to jump in late to get the individual rewards.
  • I think this will be a nice time to have a MPQ-lite (or even -free) weekend for a change. I'll probably play a little, but this is the sort of change I really don't want to encourage.
  • This is the first one - they are just testing the waters and watching our reaction. They will adjust the rewards based on feedback. Nothing is set in stone but they needed to start somewhere.

Also, I noticed one alliance is already at 10 members!
  • Don't like the changes either.

Do people go for 1100? I've yet to be in a bracket where people hit even 1000.
  • Does each person in the alliance win those or just the alliance in general and then the 13 year old uses them all up before anyone else is aware of them?
  • It looks like the alliance rating is just the sum of its members unless someone miraculously has a score of 700 in the first 10 minutes of the Fearless Defenders event starting. This seems really backwards to me. It will mean the biggest alliance will always win and even if there's a cap it still means there's no point to compete unless you're at the maximum size. It's easy to get 2 guys with 500 rating. Good luck getting a single guy with 1000 rating.