Gambit Sell Back Rates

13»

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby:

Thanks to demi/d3 for for doubling the cover output for those selling 5* gambit.  1:1 cover parity always seemed like the best solution (and 1:2 a la oml was awful), so it's nice to see a fairer price in game.

But failing to offer cover swaps for classic characters washes away almost all that good will immediately.  Many players marshalled their resoirces carefully to maximize the value of precious tokens, and made difficult decisions to do so.  Now demi has changed the rules retroactively, and in offering to compensate players for that change, is going to force some players to suffer randomly because demi/d3 have refused to address the 6th cover problem for classics?  That's a pretty abusice way to treat your customers.  

Please stop favoring those of us with 4/4/4 characters over those of us with 5/5/2 characters for no reason beyond rng.  
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    Vhailorx said:
    Brigby:

Thanks to demi/d3 for for doubling the cover output for those selling 5* gambit.  1:1 cover parity always seemed like the best solution (and 1:2 a la oml was awful), so it's nice to see a fairer price in game.

But failing to offer cover swaps for classic characters washes away almost all that good will immediately.  Many players marshalled their resoirces carefully to maximize the value of precious tokens, and made difficult decisions to do so.  Now demi has changed the rules retroactively, and in offering to compensate players for that change, is going to force some players to suffer randomly because demi/d3 have refused to address the 6th cover problem for classics?  That's a pretty abusice way to treat your customers.  

Please stop favoring those of us with 4/4/4 characters over those of us with 5/5/2 characters for no reason beyond rng.  
    Reading between the lines on previous posts, I suspect CS has no mechanism to differentiate which specific kind of a token a 5* cover came from.  I think this is why they draw the line at "characters that are in classics" instead of "characters you opened in a classic token."
  • Ironkodiak
    Ironkodiak Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2017
    Any idea if they'll swap a 255 0/0/2 for 1 red plus 1 purple? 
  • White_Deth
    White_Deth Posts: 63 Match Maker
    I'm a little perturbed because I sold off my 2 cover 5* Gambit a few hours before the nerf, figuring that only black 5* covers were worth it.
    I'm more interested in finding out how long the increased resale value for 3* Gambit will be in effect. The 63K iso & 1500 HP sellback is tempting, but I'm only a few covers shy of getting a Rogue cover reward. So.. could I wait until after I get the Rogue reward to sell back, or is it limited time? And in either event, will Gambit covers stop dropping?
    Do it do it!! 1500hp is the dame as £15 hete in the uk. I had gotten my green rogue from him so thought id sell. With favs it woukdnt take long at all to het him back. Essentially a free 1500 points as i pretty much got him to 184 via favourites. Neber used him as a battery ever but apart from fuelling Bl4de he isnt that great. I used my points to open the holiday vault x10 and netted a RULK so i was pretty happy :D
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    Brigby:

Reading between the lines on previous posts, I suspect CS has no mechanism to differentiate which specific kind of a token a 5* cover came from.  I think this is why they draw the line at "characters that are in classics" instead of "characters you opened in a classic token."
    I think they did swaps for the Cosmic Legends store earlier this summer, a store that featured Thanos,  Silver Surfer, and Star-Lord (who had just moved into Cliffs, if I remember right). 
  • Ironkodiak
    Ironkodiak Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Any idea if they'll swap a 255 0/0/2 for 1 red plus 1 purple? 
    If anyone is curious, the answer was "No".
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    OJSP said:
    I am currently waiting for CS to confirm a duplicate cover in my pending queue and get it swapped (So far, I just received the confirmation that they’ve received my ticket).

Would I get to keep the token too when I sell the cover or would they take the token away? Anyone in a similar situation recently who could share their experience (swapping a cover after he was updated)? Would they give instructions about what to do with the token?
    I had to swap 2 dupes since gambit buff;  kept and used both freebie tokens.  No instructions from CS to do otherwise.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, I got to keep the token too.