Updates to Team Affiliations *Updated (12/5/17)

13»

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Stupid Namor can’t make up his mind. Probably gets tags for both Hero and Villain.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Can we get 4* gamora and Grocket added to Team Cap as their 3* versions are?
  • JuanAV2141
    JuanAV2141 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    zodiac339 said:
    Stupid Namor can’t make up his mind. Probably gets tags for both Hero and Villain.
    Did you see the new character hint?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 said:
    Did you see the new character hint?
    I honestly hope it isn’t Namor. I used to care when I was younger, but these days I’m just not interested in him. That said, yeah. Treading water, or tire treads, Namor and Ghost Rider both make sense.
  • Hoser
    Hoser Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Why isnt Peggy Carter part of AOS?
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    Would it be helpful if we as a community went through each character and tagged them?

I’d break each selection into 3 tiers.

1. Should definitely get the tag
    - Basically these are the major oversights/nobrainers. Both Cages and Fists on the Defenders or Nova on the Guardians would go here.

2. Should probably get the tag
    - Here would be people who had long arcs on teams (IW on Avengers, Beast/Iceman on Defenders) but are primarily known and often synonymous with other affiliations (F4 and X-Men respectively). 

3.  Maayyybbeeee they could get the tag
    - This is the more obscure selections that if weren’t selected I don’t think anyone would care (So Miles was an X-Man apparently?). 

I think it could help the developers but I think they’ve made the changes they’re going to make already and we just have to wait for it to be rolled out. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hoser said:
    Why isnt Peggy Carter part of AOS?
    Because her comic lore as Captain America is almost totally unknown and the game doesn't have a Peggy Carter true to either the comics or the MCU, where she would clearly belong to AOS or it's earlier incarnations?  

That being said, I would love a Peggy Carter PVE in this game which would explain once and for all why Wasp is apparently her arch-nemesis (at least according to her DDQ Clash).  Inquiring minds want to know!
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Well I applaud the increase in affiliations and hopefully their impact in the game, not every character needs multiple affiliations.  I think most should have 1 or 2 maximum affiliations based on that particular characters main group or two that they were in.  Just because they were in a group for a few years (short time in comic history) doesn't mean that they need that group's affiliation. 

For example Captain America should probably be Avengers and Shield unless the particular version of him in the game was with another group in that persona.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, we can't give (or shouldn't, anyway) give every character every possible affiliation they could have based on all the teams they were a part of if their entire comic book history; once we affiliate all the things, they become pretty meaningless.

Much more impactful if a given character only has their most defining affiliations, especially for variant characters, who clearly only represent a small part of that character's (potentially insanely extensive) history.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Affiliations is a nightmare, comic books are worse than professional wrestling with bad guys becoming good guys for a series then bad again (I'm looking at you Magneto)  then there are all the alternate universes, crossovers etc.

There will never be consensus about who should be on which affiliation
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think affiliations have the potential to be great, if they start giving them more meaning. Even if it's just small boosts in match damage due to having all members in one affiliation, or using a member of an affiliation against a classic rival affiliation, etc., it will add more strategy to the game.

Powers that get added effects from affiliations can get opened up a bit if there are more options for affiliated team members as well. T

But they should definitely limit them in some way though. Perhaps a max of two team affiliations (i.e. Avengers, X-Men, Uncanny X-Force, Fantastic Four, Guardians of the Galaxy, etc.) and then unlimited categorical / informal affiliations (i.e. heroes or villains, Team Cap or Team Iron Man, Spider-Verse, etc.)
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think affiliations have the potential to be great, if they start giving them more meaning. Even if it's just small boosts in match damage due to having all members in one affiliation, or using a member of an affiliation against a classic rival affiliation, etc., it will add more strategy to the game.

Powers that get added effects from affiliations can get opened up a bit if there are more options for affiliated team members as well. T

But they should definitely limit them in some way though. Perhaps a max of two team affiliations (i.e. Avengers, X-Men, Uncanny X-Force, Fantastic Four, Guardians of the Galaxy, etc.) and then unlimited categorical / informal affiliations (i.e. heroes or villains, Team Cap or Team Iron Man, Spider-Verse, etc.)
    Yeah, if there's one thing those GotG teams need more of, it's more match damage.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Love the increased attention to affiliations.

If more used, please put the affiliation somewhere visible without having to scroll through whole toon..

And if 1 Magneto is in a group, doesnt mean all of his characters have to be in that group, id say...

Finally, a complete list of all current affiliations, not just the new ones, would be surely appreciated.
  • zodiac339
    Smart80 said:
    Love the increased attention to affiliations.

If more used, please put the affiliation somewhere visible without having to scroll through whole toon..

And if 1 Magneto is in a group, doesnt mean all of his characters have to be in that group, id say...

Finally, a complete list of all current affiliations, not just the new ones, would be surely appreciated.
    No. 2* as X-Men, and Classic as Brotherhood along with Mystique. Hopefully we’ll also get Sabertooth at some point, and maybe some others.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Does anyone have a complete up-to-date affiliations list for 12 Days event?