The Hunt Vault Bugged? [Fixed in 12/13 Daily Patch] (Event rewards give incorrect token)

Comments

• spidey329
    spidey329 Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Stuff like this is happened before, I wouldn’t   be surprised if they gave a blanket compensation. Probably not equal to what everybody lost in vault tokens… If they do it at all.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    mega ghost said:
    Same here. Beat the 5* node and got a post-event stockpile token. I'm not sure if this had any bearing, but I did spend 100HP on the vault when it went live last night before playing the event (this was what caused the Strange Sights vault bugs on its first run, but those had gone live early and had the different mechanic of needing to earn a token to open each vault first.)

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,242 Chairperson of the Boards
    Compensation.....like for the Main Event Hulk PVP, which rewarded expired tokens instead of Hulk and Friends vault tokens?

Oh, they would have had to acknowledge the error first.  Which never happened.

On the other hand, it doesn’t really matter whether my 2*s come from vaults or expired tokens.  I sure won’t be buying from the vault though.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. It would appear that the 5-Star Essential mission is giving out tokens to The Hunt's Vault, as opposed to the intended Store. A fix is being implemented, however the earliest it can be added is Wednesday's daily patch. After this patch is integrated, players will receive the correct tokens to the cover store.

Please note though that the Vault tokens still work, they will just go to the previous run of the event's Vault, instead of this run's cover store. Apologies for the confusion.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not even a devs aware?
    @Tombstone
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. It would appear that the 5-Star Essential mission is giving out tokens to The Hunt's Vault, as opposed to the intended Store. A fix is being implemented, however the earliest it can be added is Wednesday's daily patch. After this patch is integrated, players will receive the correct tokens to the cover store.

Please note though that the Vault tokens still work, they will just go to the previous run of the event's Vault, instead of this run's cover store. Apologies for the confusion.
    Thanks @Brigby, to clarify, do you mean that from Wednesday's patch forward the 5* node will offer the correct token and that any one that received the wrong token will now receive an equal amount of the correct tokens in compensation? Or does this only apply to the remaining token awarded from the 5* node on the last day of the event?

Normally I'd be happy with either, but (correct me if I'm wrong) the vault tokens don't give us the chance for a legendary token like the store token does, right?
  • bluewolf
    In case there was any doubt, the daily sub token also is an expired store token.  Until Wednesday I suppose.
  • bluewolf
    The daily sub reward token also goes to the expired store.  
  • bluewolf
    Weird- I got 3* Magneto from both the daily sub token and the 5E in sub 2.  

I can’t see the odds myself, but the release stores give new characters at the same rate as all other latest 4’s (3x).  It doesn’t matter in this case, just FYI.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:

Except that we are not being granted vault tokens.  We are being granted expired store tokens.  Much worse odds.
  • Joshe67
    Joshe67 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Same issue is happening for me 
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't have one of these tokens to confirm, but how so?

Yes, that two to three chances at pulling the LT which might be a 5* completely goes away, and for some players/rosters that is all they care about. Even though it would be really low odds of mattering. But isn't the expired store about a 7.x% chance at a 4* pull (plus the slight chance at a BH) when the vault is only 5% (plus or minus what you already pulled)?
  • jym010
    jym010 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    I used mine on the vault.  Got a Coulson and BH Mockingbird.  Much better than fury, venom and Ghostrider.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Got a St4r Lord from my expired token, so I'm not exactly complaining. Nothing in that vault that I'm particularly coveting. 
  • thatgyemartin
    thatgyemartin Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    @Dayv any help coming on this?
  • Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2017
    To which hoard is my token going?

Apparently all tokens (even sub event rewards) are going to the Vault as opposed to the Store. Their titles are also confusing because it's a "Taco Vault" not a "Taco Store." I'm guessing the nomenclature got reversed somewhere back down the road. Looks like things can't be fixed until Wednesday.

EDIT: From @brigby in the General thread (why is there a General thread? It is a mystery.):
  • genapp
    genapp Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    I've since opened a ticket with customer service and am going back and forth with them. Giving them details and screenshots should be enough I would think. 
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    [Merged two threads on this.  Please see Brigby's reply above.  This affects the tokens received from the 5* essential node only, devs are aware, and this cannot be corrected any sooner than tomorrow's daily patch.  -Dayv]
  • genapp
    genapp Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Dayv said:
    [Merged two threads on this.  Please see Brigby's reply above.  This affects the tokens received from the 5* essential node only, devs are aware, and this cannot be corrected any sooner than tomorrow's daily patch.  -Dayv]
    At least for me it's not just the 5* node. The token from placement in the sub went to the same stockpile vault. 
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Yeah, I'm afraid @Brigby is incorrect on that point.  I had the same experience as genapp.