PvE 4-star Essentials Tracking/Theory

Comments

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    granne said:
    Vulture also hasn't been featured in the Behemoth Burrito yet, which seems to be a pretty good indicator of whether he's deemed ready for his Crash.
    Well, Lockjaw was just featured in Behemoth Burrito yesterday, so I would be very surprised if any characters released prior to him get skipped.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Mystery Yondu occuring after mystery Mockingbird makes me think there's a chance we have an L12C. 
  • charmbots
    charmbots Posts: 87 Match Maker
    It looks like Vulture is probably getting skipped over in his crash position. An Agent Venom “coming soon” preview is up for me after X-Force Wolverine.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    charmbots said:
    It looks like Vulture is probably getting skipped over in his crash position. An Agent Venom “coming soon” preview is up for me after X-Force Wolverine.
    Yep, I noticed that too.

Hey, we'll only have to wait the better part of a year before he comes around again. He may even get featured once or twice by then! 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Guess I can de-favorite Vulture and start worrying about Gamora's and Yondu's Crashes instead...
  • Quebbster
    Guess I can de-favorite Vulture and start worrying about Gamora's and Yondu's Crashes instead...
  • jamesh
    So the progression covers we've had after Yondu now are:
    • Cyclops red
    • Gamora red and black
    • Agent Coulson purple
    The Guardians characters are getting a lot of attention recently.
  • DarthDeVo
    edited November 2017
    Looks like we're getting back-to-back vintage characters. Anyone remember the last time that happened? 

I'm assuming the event that starts on the 16th will be the release event for Hulk (Main Event). I'm hoping it isn't a boss event they're planning to surprise us with. My 1/5/3 Kate could desperately use that blue cover that would come through progression. 
  • jamesh
    Kate Bishop has transmogrified into a Punisher black cover, presumably as a tie-in for the Netflix series.
  • DesertTortoise
    That is a disappointing transmogrification. I've updated it.

Seems we're getting a lot more vintages lately, which is totally fine. If there really is an L12C I could see the influx of vintages slowing them catching up with one another. 
  • DarthDeVo
    edited November 2017
    DarthDeVo said:
    Looks like we're getting back-to-back vintage characters. Anyone remember the last time that happened? 

I'm assuming the event that starts on the 16th will be the release event for Hulk (Main Event). I'm hoping it isn't a boss event they're planning to surprise us with. My 1/5/3 Kate could desperately use that blue cover that would come through progression. 
     No boss event, yet I still manage to get screwed out of the blue cover. Go figure. 
  • DarthDeVo
    We've been on a streak of Vintage 4*s lately, not that I'm complaining. My Elektra and Kate Bishop are now at 12 covers; if we ever get that blue Kate cover in progression like we're supposed to, she'll be fully covered. My Thing is now fully covered and if I can get T5 in the current PvE, my Teen Jean will be too.

It'll be interesting to see if this focus on Vintage characters will continue, or if they'll return to focusing on Latest. We had a pretty good track record going for predicting the upcoming characters. 
  • DarthDeVo
    Vulture finally (finally!) gets featured as placement rewards and will be the essential in whatever event is after The Hunt. We had a good run of Vintage 4*s.

I wonder if Vulture will mark a return to mostly Latest 4*s being featured, and if so, it's something similar to before, that we can fairly reliably predict. 
  • charmbots
    It’s kind of nice how the last couple pve events have had the 4 star reward line up with the same 4 star in pvp. I hope that happens more often. 
  • jamesh
    DarthDeVo said:
    Vulture finally (finally!) gets featured as placement rewards and will be the essential in whatever event is after The Hunt. We had a good run of Vintage 4*s.

I wonder if Vulture will mark a return to mostly Latest 4*s being featured, and if so, it's something similar to before, that we can fairly reliably predict. 
    Just wait until they announce an alliance boss battle, and skip over rewarding him for progression :)
  • Quebbster
    jamesh said:
    DarthDeVo said:

Just wait until they announce an alliance boss battle, and skip over rewarding him for progression :)

Doesn't matter that much, this is the second time he is rewarded so he should be Crash eligble from now.

I wonder if they maybe have some sort of anti-Airborne character planned and needed to delay the Crash until that character was available as an opponent...

• wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    jamesh said:

You are right! They really announce an alliance boss battle, thus 99.9999%, he will get skip over as a reward for progression.
    This make me think the if the developer have something against putting him as progression reward in a PVE as he is skipped twice. Maybe they are planning to nerf him or intro anti-Airborne character?

• jamesh
    I wasn't really expecting an alliance event: just thinking of a possible reason for them to skip Vulture again :)

Based on the information in the sneak peek thread, it looks like it will probably be a dual 3*/5* new character release, so I wonder what existing 4* character will be the reward for completing the higher levels of the event?
  • DesertTortoise
    hahahaha, Vulture being skipped as a progression reward again. Unreal. Poor Adrian. 
  • charmbots
    wingX said:
    jamesh said:

You are right! They really announce an alliance boss battle, thus 99.9999%, he will get skip over as a reward for progression.
    This make me think the if the developer have something against putting him as progression reward in a PVE as he is skipped twice. Maybe they are planning to nerf him or intro anti-Airborne character?

If it is Archangel/Angel and the abilities I’ve seen listed for him are correct (5* may have an anti-airborne ability) then giving Vulture as the boss event prog wouldn’t be surprising. Also maybe we will see the 5* anti-airborne ability given as alliance or personal prog?!?! It may be wishful thinking but that would be sweet.