Help needed choosing what covers to keep!

Options
Tanian
Tanian Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
Hello

I have not been playing MPQ for too long and have a roster of 16 heroes.

I did not have a plan when building my current roster, I simply chose the characters I liked the sound of as and when I got the covers. And I mistakenly thought that getting 3* characters would be best but have since realised that levelled up lower * characters are more effective (I know, amateur!).

Obviously the more I have played, I recognise the need to be more strategic. I have read a number of guides on these forums but I am still a little confused about how to prioritise the 35 covers I am yet to claim (listed below). The covers expire anywhere from in 7 hours to 13 days. 

I have listed my current roster below. I have put in bold the characters I am of selling now to get some covers before they expire. I hope to open up 3 more slots on my roster shortly (I have 360 of the 500 required).

Current roster

* Iron Man 5/3/5 Level 50

** Thor 4/3/5 Level 86
** Magneto 3/1/3 Level 47
** Captain Marvel 3/2/2 Level 46
** Storm 3/2/2 Level 46
** Wolverine -/2/3 Level 38

*** Kamala Khan 3/1/- Level 66
*** The Hulk 1/1/2 Level 55
*** Human Torch 1/2/- Level 53
*** Thor -/2/- Level 50
*** Captain Marvel 1/-/- Level 40
*** Gamora 1/-/- Level 40
*** Magneto -/1/- Level 40
*** Psylocke -/-/1 Level 40
*** Star-Lord -/1/- Level 40
*** The Hood 1/-/- Level 40

Unclaimed covers

** Moonstone 3/1/1
** Daken 1/2/4
** Steve Rogers 1/1/-
** Human Torch 1/-/-
** Black Widow 1/-/1
** Hawkeye 1/-/-
** Ares 2/-/-
** Bullseye -/-/1

*** Sentry -/-/1
*** Scarlet Witch -/1/-
*** Hawkeye 1/3/1
*** Black Widow -/1/-
*** Black Panther -/-/1
*** Spider-man -/1/-
*** Iron Fist 1/-/-
*** Iron Man -/-/1
*** Storm -/1/-
*** Ragnarok 1/-/-

What characters should I get rid of and what characters should I claim? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This is a stumbling block most new players are unprepared for. Building your roster takes time and patience.

First I want to mention that in the long run, you will want to roster all two-star characters as they will all be required for PvE sooner or later, and the champion rewards are good, especially when you are in the Three-star phase and can sell off and reroster your twostars for more champion rewards (same goes for higher rarities eventually by the way). Don't do that while you still rely on your two-stars for Daily play though.

You should keep Iron Man * on your roster just so you can do the DDQ one-star node each day. Every Little bit of ISO helps.

On the two-star front, I suggest you roster at the very least Daken, Black Widow and Ares. All Three are excellent and form the backbone of two-star play. Hawkeye and Human Torch are nice too, but not quite essential IMO. Moonstone, Steve Rogers and Bullseye are low priority.

On the Three-star front, I agree with the Cuts you suggested. Captain Marvel can probably be cut too, her main use is to generate red and black for other characters (at least when I use her). I'd probably try to roster Iron Man and Iron Fist at the very least, they are both at the top of the pile in Three-star land. Scarlet Witch is also very good, and you might want to roster Hawkeye just because you have a lot more covers for him.

Also, some general advice: Only use your HP for roster spots, nothing else until you have all the roster spots you need (I am up over 150 spots and I still need more...). Don't open tokens unless you can afford Another roster spot - when you have enough HP to expand your roster, then you can start opening tokens until you run out of roster spots again. And finally, don't waste your ISO on your Three-star characters right now, use it on your two-stars.

• Tanian
    Tanian Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thanks so much for the advice Quebbster. It is much appreciated. I feel a lot more confident in my approach from now on. I do regret selling some 2* covers early on though! I should have looked into it more from the start.
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Also check the 3* ranking threads. That should give you a nice idea on each 3*. Keep in mind though that some 3* might have been buffed since then (3* spidey, Psylocke, etc). Focus on top or high tiers first, then move down. Also keep in mind that, as people said above me, prioritize those 2* first. (I mention this because it won't be long before you are at the point to focus on 3*.)

Lastly, covers will come again, it won't disappear forever. Don't worry about it too much.