Invisible character stunned, then damaged with matches, while still invis. [solved]

PiMacleod
PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
I know the title sounds weird, but here's the situation.  

I was using Howard and two others (inconsequential, because they were dead at this point), against Peggy and Elektra (3rd was dead).

Howard had 5 Duck Duck Loose invis tiles out.  Peggy fired off Do as Peggy Says.  Howard got stunned, due to being the only target... I'm assuming it counts as a team attack for this purpose.  Anyways,  after that, all matches by the enemy caused damage to Howard, despite still having plenty of invis tiles out.  Sure, he was stunned, but he was invisible too. 

Theoretically, at the most, I should only lose the turns, but still be protected by the invis effect until those tiles are gone.
Tagged:

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I believe I've read something saying that a character can only be one of Stunned, Airborne, or Invisible at any given time. If that's the case, when another of those statuses gets put on them, it would override the first one. Not sure on that, tho.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is that intended?  And if so, do the invis tiles go back to actually working after the other effect finishes?

...personally, I think its a little silly.  It seems like the sort of thing where both effects could coexist without any issue.
  • TPF Alexis
    I don't know for sure. This is just something I think I remember reading on here.

That said, how well the effects could coexist depends on the code base. Stuns were the only one of those effects that was in the game when it debuted, and depending on how the others were added later, there may well be some kind of conflict.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    PiMacleod said:
    Is that intended?  And if so, do the invis tiles go back to actually working after the other effect finishes?

...personally, I think its a little silly.  It seems like the sort of thing where both effects could coexist without any issue.
    It is intended, yes.  In this case, where the invisibility is due to tiles on the board, they should return to being invisible, as the tiles are still in effect when they wake.  If the stun had a duration of some number of turns, the stun would simply override it.

This has other surprising interactions -- you can use invisibility to wake up a stunned character, for example.

However, per this thread (and some older ones about how her blue is meant to work), Peggy shouldn't have stunned him in the first place.  Devs are aware of this and working on a fix.

[Marking this as solved.]
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

Not to be that guy, but if one of the support staff where I work flagged an issue as solved just because they were working on it, they'd be subject to a stern talking to.  At best it's "in progress".

• TPF Alexis

Not to be that guy, but if one of the support staff where I work flagged an issue as solved just because they were working on it, they'd be subject to a stern talking to.  At best it's "in progress".

The issue the OP actually brought up was solved. Dayv then mentioned another, related issue, that's being worked on. The thread for that problem is marked "Devs Aware".
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

The issue the OP actually brought up was solved. Dayv then mentioned another, related issue, that's being worked on. The thread for that problem is marked "Devs Aware".

Okay, it's the difference between Solved (diagnosed) and Resolved (fixed).  The problem can and will recur, it's the consequence of an active known bug.

I see "Solved", I think fixed.  My bad.

• TPF Alexis

Okay, it's the difference between Solved (diagnosed) and Resolved (fixed).  The problem can and will recur, it's the consequence of an active known bug.

I see "Solved", I think fixed.  My bad.

Not quite. The original problem raised was that getting Stunned made Howard visible again. That is working as intended, so the post was marked Solved. The fact that he was Stunned by Peggy's blue wasn't questioned by the OP, but is a Devs Aware bug.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not quite. The original problem raised was that getting Stunned made Howard visible again. That is working as intended, so the post was marked Solved. The fact that he was Stunned by Peggy's blue wasn't questioned by the OP, but is a Devs Aware bug.
    Thank you!  That was 100% more clear than the unfinished reply sitting in my drafts.