We will make some room for new friends!

Comments

• efhktddyjkb
    efhktddyjkb Posts: 22 Just Dropped In

Tormented (formerly D3bacle) is recruiting.

One of our veterans has stoped playing and an other one wants to play more casually so we need to replace them.

We are an international, strong and competitive coalition ranked 7th overall competing for top ten. 

Contact @PhoenixRisen or me if interrested.

• PhoenixRisen
    PhoenixRisen Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2018
    Tormented, 5th ranked all-time, is seeking 1 strong candidate for possible long-term roster spot.

Reqs:
    1) Must empty all nodes and achieve a score near or greater than 190 ribbons - Hour of Revelation; 232 ribbons - Hour of Devastation.
    2) Must empty all nodes and achieve a score greater than 850, preferably nearer 900, ribbons - Return of the God-Pharaoh; Avacyn's Madness.
    3)Join our Slack team channel for event discussion, strategy, and winning decks.
    4) It is on YOU to give advance notice if unable to play an event for any reason. **You will be substituted out, yes, but if you give prior notice, you will NOT lose your roster spot.**

-PR
  • Tesmata
    Tesmata Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Good morning!
    Active player looking to roll with those who have similar goals - make great decks, be competitive, team/friendly/respectful atmosphere. Some screenshots of my contributions are available through email or LINE, and I do meet your reqs on a regular basis (If i can post them here, I am not sure.) 
    PM me back dudes, love to help and cheer my mates on. Positive and mature player.

Cheers
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    I'm not sure when exactly it happened but I've gone from trying to herd cats to tapping a dish with a fork and seeing which cats show up for din-dins. Surprisingly, still around 60!

We have three main teams we try to keep fully stocked with active players; D3NIED (FTA/FromTheAshes), VampRites (VR), D3fenestrate (D3fen/TG/TheGrind) and a handful of random casual groups. (What's with the D3s? A bunch of us changed our names in protest to the rewards nerf. It didn't do much good.)

PM me your email address and I'll invite you to our slack and you can see if you'd be a good fit. We're friendly and helpful and just want to win the most prizes for the most players.
  • Furordraco
    Furordraco Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Hello! we are 3 players looking for a spot to be in together. Me and my friend Ciabatt have a good quantity of pws and have good experience. Our friend Margy is quite new with few base pws...but has a lot of will to play and improve :) please let us know if youhave some spots for us.

Thank you!
  • Sarahschmara
    Perfect timing! We've just opened our weekly attendance poll. PM me your emails and we'll get you invited to our slack chat. We'll be happy to make some room for you. 
  • Sarahschmara
    We're always happy to help players of all levels meet their goals.

You want top ten? We'll help you get there, whether in D3NIED or one of our friendly rivals. 

You want a safe safe place to learn and grow your collection? We got that!

You want a relaxing, stress-free experience with no guilt trips or drama? That's us!
  • Nebula
    Nebula Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    I'm a 35-45 Canadian with a busy career, but have been active in mtgpq for over a year. My coalition (top 50 until recently) is more or less dead, so I want to find a new one. Does your coalition use Slack or whatnot, or just the in-game chat?
  • Sarahschmara
    We use slack to coordinate and collaborate but our in-game chat is pretty lively too. You are squarely within our main demographic. 
  • Sarahschmara
    Apparently I need to update this to add: We are friendly and welcoming to everyone but we won't tolerate intolerance. So if you want to spew neo-nazi ****, I'd be happy to provide you with a referral to a more hateful group. Yes, being "too edgey" for my group will look good on your resume to certain folk. We're just wholesome nerds looking to geek out on the game with everyone and anyone who will listen--just keep your hate to yourself.
  • Jayarieldrillowup
    Jayarieldrillowup Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2017
    Come join FromTheAshes. We cordially invite you to join where Gerald Capashen and the Weatherlight are still legends, where the Gatewatch is not yet defeated, and where we have rp visionaries.
  • spadpl
    spadpl Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    @Sarahschmara may I ask about this group: "more hateful group"? (Just to fullfil my curiosity)
  • Sarahschmara
    edited December 2017
    Things are starting to pick up again. Between returning retired players, people recommending the game to friends, and all of the new recruits we’re bursting at the seams again. 

I’ve “adopted” three extra coalitions to soak up my surplus, my chat is active and full of advice (we subscribe to Thumper’s mom’s philosophy”if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all” so it got a bit quiet for a minute) from the top players in the game—whether they’re on my team or not! 

Come chat with us! We love talking about the game with everyone and anyone who’ll listen. And we have cat photos!
  • Sarahschmara
    edited February 2018
    Heck, I keep a running list of coalitions needing active players each event since the noobs in Facebook and Reddit always want to know where to play and I can’t adopt all of the stray kittens.

Let me know how many openings you have at least 12 hours before the event starts and I’ll try to find some new friends for you. 

Slack is easiest for me and I’d be happy to send you an invite link to chat with us! We have complicated spreadsheets and easy-to-read FAQs. :smiley:
  • Sarahschmara
    Well! 70% of D3NIED is locked out of the game after the update with no resolution until Monday at least. 

But there’s been minimum snark on the forum and our chat hasn’t devolved into griping. 

Are we disappointed? You bet!

Are we letting it stop us from theory crafting? No, why would we?

We can’t shake our friendly and helpful nature—come chat with us and let us live vicariously through you. 

If you’ve got a cute photo of a cat, we sure could use it right about now!
  • efhktddyjkb
    efhktddyjkb Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Tormented, 5th ranked all-time coalition, is looking for a competitive player. 

One of our veterans is going to stop playing for personal reasons and we need to replace him.

Reqs:
    1) Must empty all nodes in all coalition events and score more than 190 ribbons in Hour of Revelation, more than 232 ribbons in Hour of Devastation and more than 900 ribbons in Return of the God-Pharaoh and Avacyn's Madness.

2)Join our friendly coalition Slack channel where we talk about the game and the events (or else) and where we share strategies and winning decks.

PM me if interrested.
  • Sarahschmara
    edited March 2018
    One thing that sets us apart from the other big groups is that we don’t worry about trade secrets. As a direct result, we have some of the very best in the game popping in to theory-craft with us. Heck, our loosey-goosey, opt-in mega-coalition (and my tendency to send surplus to whichever new team pops up on the subreddit!) means we have no idea who plays for whom and we don’t care. 

I’ve made enough friendly rivals to realize that every big group has at least one or two smart people figuring out all of the tricky interactions and weird “features” (not to mention the resident number-crunchers).

So, I was standing on my soapbox, as I do, and pontificating about my counter-intuitive policies and one of the kool-aid-drinking acolytes told me this:

The ship minds think this way in Iain M Banks's Culture series (kind of):

1.  If our enemies steal our secrets, they will steal our ideas.

2. Our ideas are superior so they will be adopted.

3. Our values are inherent in our ideas, so our values will be adopted.

4. Our choices result from our values, so our choices will be adopted.

Now that our enemies think like us, share our values and our choices, they become us and we coexist in unity.

And I was gobsmacked!

Because yes, we are just like the borg, but with much better vacation policies!

• Sarahschmara
    edited March 2018

The ship minds think this way in Iain M Banks's Culture series (kind of):

1.  If our enemies steal our secrets, they will steal our ideas.

2. Our ideas are superior so they will be adopted.

3. Our values are inherent in our ideas, so our values will be adopted.

4. Our choices result from our values, so our choices will be adopted.

Now that our enemies think like us, share our values and our choices, they become us and we coexist in unity  

Also, am I a cyborg?!? As if I didn’t have enough to worry about! Yikes. What an existential crisis!

[MOD NOTE] Post edited to redact non-English phrasing.[//]
  • Sarahschmara
    As @Brakkis astutely noted, the all-time top ten teams are not necessarily the same teams that place top ten in events—FTA’s D3NIED’s purpose is to disrupt those results.

We do this by maintaining a large mega-coalition of players sorted into various teams based on skill-level, yes, but mostly availability. We basically time-share the top spots. 

The advantage to this is that we’re just one big team. All of our resources are available to anyone that joins our chat—one doesn’t need to be a part of our team to geek out in our deck-building channel so we enjoy the expert advice from our “friendly rivals” as well. 

One of our most powerful resources is our event deck spreadsheet. We crowdsource enemy decklists for each PVE event and knowing what we’re facing gives us a huge advantage—we expect tougher competition next time this event runs. 

We also have a sassy cat bot that links to mtgpq.info thanks to our friendly rival, Octal! 

At the end of the day, we don’t care what success looks like for you, but if you tell us what your goals are (and it’s OK if those goals change from week to week!) we’ll help you find the quickest way to get there in a friendly, helpful, wholesome environment where one doesn’t need to leave friends behind if they decide to be more or less competitive. 

Another bonus to our commitment to transparency? Many of the very competitive teams will accept our recorded scores on one’s resume and our teammates are known for their reliability and ability to get along with a group. Feel free to use us as a stepping stone to GoblinPile or YH1J or Tormented!
  • Sarahschmara
    A great group of highly skilled players!
This discussion has been closed.