**** Venom (Agent Venom) ****

123457»

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm using Agent Venom and 3* Iron Fist in this Lockjaw PVP and he's really doing work. I have him Champed and his Black is bonkers, both active and passive. Fists purple keeps the Black pool stoked so I keep hammering people all day, and his health pool is nothing to sneeze at.

Is he top tier? Lol no. But he's certainly not garbage, as general consensus would have you believe.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Try him with C&D while they are both boosted. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Tried out Agent V in Honor Among Thieves and was quite pleased with the result.

Question though: What's his optimal build? Right now I have him at 5/5/3, but it feels like I am missing out on a lot of Power in his yellow, though I do like his red and black as they are...

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:

Question though: What's his optimal build? Right now I have him at 5/5/3, but it feels like I am missing out on a lot of Power in his yellow, though I do like his red and black as they are...

I have a Champed Agent Venom and even at 5 covers his Red just doesn't do it for me. I specced him 3/5/5 and never looked back.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    5 in black is a must the other two is a matter of choice, when boosted, I like to max his red because it hits hard when boosted, when he is not boosted I usually run him 4/5/4.  The one thing I don't like about his yellow, and why I have a tendency to normally run at 4/5/4, other than when boosted is he gets pounded when he makes everybody else invisible, so I typically bring somebody who can use his yellow better than him and only use the yellow if you know a big hit is coming.  I really think the new Hulk will be a great partner for him (the cascade potential for them is through the roof) but I can not test that theory out yet.  He is an underrated character.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    Quebbster said:

I have a Champed Agent Venom and even at 5 covers his Red just doesn't do it for me. I specced him 3/5/5 and never looked back.
    Depends who else is boosted, and if they have a good Red or Yellow. This week its looking like Peggy for Red, so I'd go 3/5/5. If you have Peggy, of course.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    For reference, the rest of the PvE team is my 0/0/2 5ambit and Jean Grey, so Agent Venom is the only red outlet. When he's being fed red by Gambit it works pretty well. Will probably set him to something else as soon as I have another red outlet though.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I've been using his red in preference to Peggy's in PvP, because it hits for about 4k more for me. I've also been using him instead of Peggy in PvE along with Jean and my 3* Gambat.

I love it when he's boosted - he's so much fun to play.

His animations are among the few I will miss, too.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    granne said:
    I've been using his red in preference to Peggy's in PvP, because it hits for about 4k more for me. I've also been using him instead of Peggy in PvE along with Jean and my 3* Gambat.

I love it when he's boosted - he's so much fun to play.

His animations are among the few I will miss, too.
    Yeah at the same level he'll do about 7% more damage if you meet AP requirement, or about 33% less if you don't. Plus it costs 1 more AP. So all other things being equal, Ultimate Soldier is generally better, but if AV is higher level then Symbiotic Assault can definitely do more damage. And, as you say, the animation is really boss.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, my Peggy is only 279, but Flash is 298. When you're running him with Gambat, that 1ap doesn't really matter much, either.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    He goes really well with America Chavez.
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    I've been enjoying using him with C&D while boosted. Just feed him all the black from C&D and jump jump jump! Agent Venom is going to make you jump jump jump
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Found out that Hulkling is a great partner to AV:
    AV's main problem is that he's selfish and lavish with his AP: His black, cheap and convenient, drains AP from other colors. His red wants you to have 12+ AP in any color, his black will start eating your AP once you get above a threshold in any color (in exchange for board shake).
    Hulkling's purple is cheap to get started and keeps AV flush with AP in random colors, which AV enjoys.
    I like America or Wiccan as thirds. America for obvious reasons, Wiccan is just as lavish as AV is with AP and profits from AV's boardshake so Wiccan/Hulkling gives AV a good shell to work with.