Infinite turn teams

Options
TheHueyFreeman
TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
I've started hearing more about some teams that are used to get turns that last forever and win. For example

Either storm (1* preferred)
Thor
Obw (although 1* may qualify)

Their objective is to get to the point that storm can begin destroying tiles to feed other powers. Rinse and repeat. Does anyone have any similar ideas or strategies?

Comments

• Spiderman
    MN Magneto
    1*storm.

once you get 9 purple, the game is basically over.
  • Spiderman needs about 10 blue to lock down the other side forever, though sometimes you want more to be safe. It depends on the board obviously too.

Both Storm can take basically infinite turns on Desert or Forest, but you need less green to get the combo going with Modern Storm.

Outside of that there's no infinites, though Magneto classic can make an insane number of attacks in one turn.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So I guess you can either stunlock the enemy or just infinitely cascade. My Spidey only has 3 blues so Im not there yet, so I just cascade.

; the key is trying this out on Desert (or forest). I recommend MStorm and GSBW. With this combination, I can usually start cascading at about the 3rd or 4th turn. I am still mixing it up with a 3rd character. In this method, Dakan is great because he automatically adds the strike tiles, but also bad because he has no tile breaking ability.

Storms red to capture enough Desert tiles. Usually 1 or 2 attempts fills her Green. Then that usually catches enough purple for GSBW. She will give you upto to 6 green tiles to place anywhere. that usually can result in a pair of 5 tile matches. I never user her Green unless the enemy is reeling or I see where it can cause another cascade (otherwise it can lead to an end of turn and the AI can get lucky cascades of its own.)

This is a slow win, and can backfire quickly if you dont get a good board early on for storm to get those 6 reds.