Updates to Team Affiliations *Updated (12/5/17)

Comments

• bryduck
    bryduck Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    bryduck said:
    n00b question time! What do the affiliations do?
    They affect certain abilities like Grocket's strike tiles.
    Are there some that are really well-known? Are they more common at the 4 and 5* levels? I don't think I've ever seen any . . .
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    bryduck said:
    bryduck said:
    Are there some that are really well-known? Are they more common at the 4 and 5* levels? I don't think I've ever seen any . . .
    Almost everyone has at least one. They’re on th character bio page after all the ability screens.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,571 Chairperson of the Boards
    Beast should be affiliated to Defenders (he was a regular cast member for a couple of years) and Iceman was in the New Defenders also.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    bryduck said:
    bryduck said:

I don't think there's a 3* who's got an ability that's dependent on someone's affiliation, they're quite rare even within the 4*/5* tier

Besides 4* R&G making stronger strike tiles with a GotG teammate, I can only remember three others.

Ghost Rider red does more damage to villains
    5* Cap and IronMan have skills depending on having Team Cap and Team Iron Man teammates

• Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    There's also Mr Fantastic. His yellow generates green AP if you have another FF member in your team.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards

I guess there won't be additional Runaway characters since Nico Minoru does not have a Runaway affiliation.

• moss04
    moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Give Nova a Guardians of the Galaxy tag, please.

I'm still waiting for She Hulk to have the Fantastic Four tag
    I am also waiting for Ant Man, Black Panther, Luke Cage, Medusa, and Storm to be added to FF.  They've all been members at one point or another.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby

Why not run a contest where you name the new affiliation and let players suggest who should be added to the team and why?  There are lots of very knowledgeable comic fans that jump at the chance to debate why this person should be a defender, Xmen, Avenger etc..  

You don't have to accept all of the community's suggestions but I can guaratee you that you'll get better/ more indepth research on teams than you ever would from a work study intern.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. Rest assured, this is not necessarily a conclusive list of all character team affiliations in game.

This unfortunately involves the update being pushed back to next week, however the development team has decided to update this list, based on the community's feedback!

I will add a note to the original post to highlight this change.
    @Brigby
     Point of clarification is R141 being pushed back a week or just this affiliation thing?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

I want a Secret Warriors affiliation: Quake, Kamala, Devil Dinosaur.

I guess we're getting a whole heap of new affiliation-based boosts.  I was wondering if they will stack.

• JuanAV2141
    JuanAV2141 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Give Nova a Guardians of the Galaxy tag, please.
    This could also go to 3* Iron Man, The Thing, 3* Danvers, and Agent Venom.
  • gmp72
    gmp72 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    How about more team iron man and team cap characters ? Even if they’re arbitrarily assigned ;)
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. Rest assured, this is not necessarily a conclusive list of all character team affiliations in game.

This unfortunately involves the update being pushed back to next week, however the development team has decided to update this list, based on the community's feedback!

More feedback aka nitpicking then! Nick Fury is listed as "Agent of SHIELD" but should be "Director of SHIELD". And Tony Stark was Director of SHIELD and Invisible Woman was an agent, they should get that affiliation too.
  • Raud
    Raud Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Should be added to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.:

Black Widow
    Hawkeye
    Iron Man
    Jessica Drew
    Falcon
    Peggy Carter

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS said:
    Brigby said:

More feedback aka nitpicking then! Nick Fury is listed as "Agent of SHIELD" but should be "Director of SHIELD". And Tony Stark was Director of SHIELD and Invisible Woman was an agent, they should get that affiliation too.
    Then miles should get a x men tag has was a member of the teen team, even if just for a short while, shrugs.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just wondering, are we going to get a Disco affiliation?
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    smkspy said:
    STOPTHIS said:
    Brigby said:

Then miles should get a x men tag has was a member of the teen team, even if just for a short while, shrugs.
    If he was on the team for an arc or two, sure. The more the merrier.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Nova should get a guardians tag, maybe?
  • JuanAV2141
    JuanAV2141 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    We need more characters to make more teams.

Illuminati- First iteration
    Iron Man
    Prof. X
    Black Bolt
    Dr. Strange
    Namor

Second iteration
    Iron Man
    Cap
    Beast
    Dr. Strange
    Black Bolt