Raging Fire

Am I the only one who finds Grand Entrance super annoying in this event?

Comments

• spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Yes, so far
  • Keirain1982
    Keirain1982 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    I think it's a rubbish power for someone that should be all about beating opponents to a pulp!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    IMO it has a very small niche that is totally tied to grocket teams.
    Offensive: Get easy extra match damage with strike tiles before match even starts.
    Defensive: Get a chance to kill some strike tiles right off the bat.

It's random matching fits with Hulk character idea to an extent, but overall it's kind of a meh power.  TBH whenever I see MEHulk I know they mean Main Event Hulk but I always feel he's kind of a MEH Hulk so it has a double meaning.
  • Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Can’t even count how many times that power has messed up a potential match-5. Stupid power.
  • Asmodaeus
    Asmodaeus Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    I find it very similar to baby groot moving tiles. I always hold my breath that he's not going to screw up whatever board setup Im going for or match away spec tiles. This and his yellow are both too random to be counted on.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    At least baby groot makes a match.  MEHulk can move random tiles away from a match 5 and you get nothing from it
  • fuzzy_cracks
    fuzzy_cracks Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    It’s even worse when he sets up the field for the opposing team with his random selection. Ugh....
  • DJSquiggy
    DJSquiggy Posts: 97 Match Maker
    the animation made me think the Board Drop of Death was back because it goes almost black.  cant tell you how many times i freaked out while playing with MEH.  sometimes even back to back matches....
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,529 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    IMO it has a very small niche that is totally tied to grocket teams.
    Offensive: Get easy extra match damage with strike tiles before match even starts.
    Defensive: Get a chance to kill some strike tiles right off the bat.

It's random matching fits with Hulk character idea to an extent, but overall it's kind of a meh power.  TBH whenever I see MEHulk I know they mean Main Event Hulk but I always feel he's kind of a MEH Hulk so it has a double meaning.

Every Hulk has been a Meh Hulk so far: he's the strongest one there is, he should be (totally) awesome! We have a bunch of Hulks and none of them can actually smash any decent opponent (when Spidey is stronger than Hulk, you know your game has a problem).

Hulk should be able to destroy the whole board, do massive amounts of damage and get stronger the longer the match goes on, not be a meh character.

OK, rant over, yes, this power is underwhelming and like Grocket or Banner it tends to work against you most of the time.

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alfje17 said:
    (when Spidey is stronger than Hulk, you know your game has a problem).
    Why the shot at Spidey? The man took down Firelord single-handedly. You know, a Herald of Galactus??? I never saw Hulk take down no Herald of Galactus.

:p  :D:p
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,529 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Alfje17 said:
    (when Spidey is stronger than Hulk, you know your game has a problem).
    Why the shot at Spidey? The man took down Firelord single-handedly. You know, a Herald of Galactus??? I never saw Hulk take down no Herald of Galactus.

:p  :D:p

Got lots of love for the wallcrawler even though I haven't read any of his comics since Maximum Clonage... hmmm, when's Ben Reilly coming to MPQ? Would that be before or after Felicia Hardy?