What PVE SCL should I be playing in?

Options
dadows
dadows Posts: 59 Match Maker
https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/hoarneybowner/

I was playing scl6 for awhile and dominating. top 3 most of the time, top 100 always. I jumped up to SCL7 recently and it wasn't all that difficult, but I'm not going to be top 10. what is more valuable at this stage for me?
a) dominating scl6
b) doing pretty good at scl7 and getting that 4* for progression at least
c) can my roster handle scl8? and would the rewards jump be worth it?

I'm in a competitive (top 15) pve alliance and I thought since I have a decent covered DD I would jump up to scl7 this event, but that 60pt node isn't helping out that much when I can run through scl6 in around 30 minutes for initial clears and it takes more like an hour in scl7.

thanks for any suggestions. my current roster goal is champing the remaining 3*s (all at 13 covers) and then the current 4*s / ones I have at 13.

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    You should have no problem handling SCL7 for progression. Placement is about speed and you have 4Grocket and Gamora so you should be able to clear nodes reasonably fast with them. You may not be able to compete with 5-star players slumming down for top 10 on new releases, but top 20 is doable.

It'll go easier when you have more champed 4-stars. Right now you're probably seeing weeks with no champed 4-stars and you have to lean on your boosted 3-stars a bit. That's okay. I have 30 champed 4-stars and I still see weeks like that (like this one) and I can still compete for top 20 as long as I'm playing optimally.
  • dadows
    dadows Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    yeah 4grocket and gamora with medusa or required is what i’m using. so is scl8 significantly more difficult without boosted 4s?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You can do it with boosted 3-stars, it'll take a lot longer and you won't place as well.
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Keep in mind that you don't have to stick with one SCL or the other. You can switch around based on the rewards offered. For example, if the 4* in the progression is one of the 4* you're chasing after, you can move to SCL 7. If it is someone who you don't care at that point, we can do SCL 6 to save time and frustration