What happened to the drop rate

Options
dragonslayer
dragonslayer Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
just bought 3 premium packs ( on sale) from HOD set and got 1 mythic and 1 new rare while missing 30 percent of the rares ((the good ones) and its the same even out of sales , so whats going on D3 are we supposed to get mythics only from masterpiece collectio now!!!

Comments

• Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That sounds pretty on par with what you would expect from the community sourced drop rates.

What's wrong? 
  • dragonslayer
    Options
    ohboy im just confirming the stats or facts 
  • Dropspot
    Dropspot Posts: 200 Tile Toppler
    Options
    You were luckier than me I bought 3 PP and got all dupes. Not a single mythic. But I think it's regular drop rates. Pulled a couple dupe rares on par with what I was expecting. Ofc I would have liked to pull omniscience but unfortunately statistics were against me...
  • Kyphonis
    Kyphonis Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I normally don’t post cause I just don’t feel like it, plus most of what I would have to say is covered by everyone else. Cause oh boy have I felt the burn of drop rates. Then after what feels like over 5000 crystals in the last while I pull some truly stupid cards. Lord of Extinction and Hour of Glory in the same premium pack. I haven’t been able to pull a masterpiece my in 4 or 5 Purple attempts.
  • dragonslayer
    edited November 2017
    Options
    since the introducing of masterpieces they said that they are overpowered ( so dont dream of havig them , if you are lucky you may have one in a year or so) . but the mythics are the same so why drag them with masterpices .

400 jewels is a lot for a mythic ( i precise a mythic not a masterpiece since the chances are very very very low to get one) .

And with the variety of sets and the large number of cards i dont see how players old or new ( spacially new players) can assemble a decent amount of cards in the future its just impossibe.

I hope oktagon will do something about that either lower the jewels cost or give a better chance in drop rates or another solution.

I know all of this is already been disscussed but i think a reminder is always welcome
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I believe the drop rate for a masterpiece in an elite pack is about 10% at last tally. Not exactly abysmal odds.

Let's also not forget the fine print. It's 400 jewels for a guaranteed non-duplicate mythic. The side effect being that your odds of that 400j turning into a masterpiece goes up as you open the packs containing more mythics you already own.
  • Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sadly drop rates are just poor. That' all there is to it.
    Expect to be dissapointed and you may be surprised. 
  • Krishna
    Krishna Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options

400 jewels is a lot for a mythic ( i precise a mythic not a masterpiece since the chances are very very very low to get one)

I hope oktagon will do something about that either lower the jewels cost or give a better chance in drop rates or another solution.

I know all of this is already been disscussed but i think a reminder is always welcome
    Oktagon has had the HoD event which gives more Purple crystals, and they fixed the match making bug that allowed you to pair with a lower level PW, so if you earn a good score you can stack Purples. 

Now the drop rates is another story entirely. Booster Crafting is coming, though. Booster Crafting is coming

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/500x/69337517/oh-theyre-coming-the-dragons-are-on-their-way.jpg
  • dragonslayer
    Options
    Krishna said:

400 jewels is a lot for a mythic ( i precise a mythic not a masterpiece since the chances are very very very low to get one)

Oktagon has had the HoD event which gives more Purple crystals, and they fixed the match making bug that allowed you to pair with a lower level PW, so if you earn a good score you can stack Purples. 

Now the drop rates is another story entirely. Booster Crafting is coming, though. Booster Crafting is coming

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/500x/69337517/oh-theyre-coming-the-dragons-are-on-their-way.jpg
    but is HOD will run every weekend or its just for a limited time until the new content arrive. i for one hope it continu because as you said it gives a decent amount of jewels
  • __Adam
    __Adam Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    I believe the drop rate for a masterpiece in an elite pack is about 10% at last tally. Not exactly abysmal odds.

Let's also not forget the fine print. It's 400 jewels for a guaranteed non-duplicate mythic. The side effect being that your odds of that 400j turning into a masterpiece goes up as you open the packs containing more mythics you already own.
    As in this is coded as such, or if you go through the CS process?
  • MDsupa
    MDsupa Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2017
    Options
    FYI:  open 10 Amonkhet PP.  got ONE Mythic (and it was a dupe).  4 of those PP got the Obligatory Single Rare.
    Open 5 Origin PP got 2 Mythic.  one of that at least is new.  3 of those PP got the Obligatory Single Rare.

so based on this limited sample size.  1 Mythic for every 5 Premium Pack......

I don't even expect to see Masterpiece ever.  think of them as a Myth.. like Big Foot.
  • Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    it seems like only getting the mandatory rare is the norm I purchased 6 PP in weekend and 4 of them I only received the rare, on a bright note I now have all commons and uncommon again
  • Dave808
    Dave808 Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options
    Drop rate has actually improved for me. After going about 2 or 3 months without a mythic, I opened 7 pp. Pulled 4 mythics, 1 was a dupe, 3 were new. 2 of the 4 were mythics I had been chasing for months. 4 mythics out of 7 pp is pretty good, wish it was always that good. 
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Stuff about drop rates many people know but some might not:
    • From normal packs, a rare drops on average once per 25 cards (=1 per premium pack, ignoring guaranteed rare)
    • A mythic drops on average once per 100 cards (=1 per 4 premium packs).
    • Masterpieces appear to drop on average once for every 20 mythic drops (=1 per 80 premium packs, for those sets including MPs).
    • Your long-term actual drop rates will tend towards these values (though as seen above, RNG will cause some people to get higher than average rates, and others lower, especially in the short term).
    • Past rolls have no bearing on future rolls.
    • Each 5-card pack, including those within a PP, appears to be independent.
    • Each card within a 5-card pack appears to be independent too (with one exception - if all 5 cards were rolled as commons, the 5th card will upgrade to uncommon).
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    --Adam said:
    Ohboy said:
    As in this is coded as such, or if you go through the CS process?
    Through the CS process.