4* DDQ: Teen Jean vs. Moonstone

Options
DarthDeVo
DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
I managed to get her second try with my 5/5/2 Level 115 Teen Jean. Thank God for the X-Men damage boosts, which were at 100 percent. I finished with 3307 health left. Token got me Vulture green. 

The first go I tried it with no boosts to gauge how hard the fight would be and if I would need to put ISO into Jean. I'm thinking about champing 5* Daredevil, so I'm glad I didn't need to. First fight I got Moonstone down to about 7500 health, which I thought was pretty decent. I had a bunch of match 5s for myself, but none of the kind the AI would have triggered. I fired Mind Over Matter several times and Full of Surprises once, but it just wasn't enough. 

Second match with boosts, I didn't even fire Full of Surprises. I fired Mind Over Matter once, then got enough to fire it again when the board lined up a vertical match 5 for the AI to take, which triggered Psychic Feedback. I hit her with Mind Over Matter while stunned and that was it. 

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    272 5/3/5 got her first try.

I made it a point to zero in on Green and Purple. Without special tiles her Black is useless. She got her Red off twice but there was barely any Red on the board both times so it was negligible. I waited until I saved up 20+ Purple and 24+ Green, then I fired each power twice and she was dead.

Token hoarded for GladiaThor. He's supposed to get added to packs tomorrow right?
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anon said:
    272 5/3/5 got her first try.

I made it a point to zero in on Green and Purple. Without special tiles her Black is useless. She got her Red off twice but there was barely any Red on the board both times so it was negligible. I waited until I saved up 20+ Purple and 24+ Green, then I fired each power twice and she was dead.

Token hoarded for GladiaThor. He's supposed to get added to packs tomorrow right?
    Either tomorrow or Tuesday. 
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Forgot about the X-Men boosts, but my 271 5/3/5 Jean took down Moonstone with relative ease unboosted. I remember this one being a stinker last time round with a partially-covered Jean, because of Moonstone's health.

LT gave me my second Nightcrawler cover of the day, to take him to 1/5/3.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This fight isn't easy, even with a champed Jean. Moonstone took my champed jean down to 1800 health. You can deny her red, but you gotta watch out for Moonstone's tile steal - have a Jean Purple cast in your pocket before casting green.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Took her down with a 5/4/4 lv 275 Jean.  Guess I never thought to respec her when I champed her.  Fired Mind over Matter twice and Full of Surprises once.  Moonstone even cascaded into a match-5 so she could get hit with a little Psychic Feedback.  Won with over 5000 health remaining.

Saving LT until Gladiathor is added
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    4/4/4 lv.168

Took 3 tries. Lots of back and forths, but the first 2 both ended when she got enough red to blast me. Third try looked like it was going to be another loss with me at about 400 and her at 5000, but a good match left me with enough to fire full of surprises and mind over matter 1 more time each. That left her at about 350hps and thanks to the strike tiles fos added I was able to down her with a junk match.

This was an especially sweet victory as it gives me a complete win cycle. The last crash I wasn't able to beat was when my Jean was about 2/2/4.

Token to the hoard, though I did crack a classics and got a peggy yellow.
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    3/0/8 level 188 had a whale of a time, I forgot how awful this fight was. But eventually got it done thanks to a boatload of green after several attempts with purple/black/red everywhere. Tick another 4* first crash victory off the list. Hoping my damage boosts get restocked before Sam Wilson's crash.

Token got Hulkbuster up to 5/4/4, for my 3rd char ready to be champed.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My 2/2/3 lvl 147 just doesnt do enough damage to get it done against Moonstones high health, which is a shame as usually level 147 is enough to be able to win crashes
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2/4/3 Lvl 153 Jean failed on the first attempt, I didn't really want to level her higher at this time so decided to try again and see what happened. It was back and forth with her large health pool a problem until Moonstone pulled off a match 5 which helped close the gap thanks to Jean givin' the ol' feedback, that fed into another match 5 for Moonie! Yahoo for AI luck! Finished her off with purple.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    lvl 275 champ, first try, no boosts. Never really in trouble, but this one is definitely more of a pain than most.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    Options
    My Jean 3/5/2 or something like that around level 150 approximately. So kind a bad, but I managed to feed 5-match for Moonstone and got her stunned :) Then twice or thrice purple power and once or twice green. Green helped a bit by creating attack/strike tiles so that moonstones purple did no damage. Ofcourse also collected black so that she didn't get to change my tiles to hers. She didn't get to fire also her red power luckily. I think it was also first attempt or second when I won and without any boosts.