“New” pink pack is a really poor retread

Options
We’ve seen this exact pack before, and it was really **** then.  It’s even worse now after admiring the last few customized Elite packs.  Spend 400 pinks to get a Torment of Hailfire?  Woo that sounds .... not so good.

Comments

• Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If all cards are to be equally difficult/easy to get, then there's no avoiding a bad pack if you want a good pack.

We should be happy to see bad pack clusters. It means that the good cards are also clustered. Just like we saw the last 2 rotations.
  • HypnoticSpecter
    HypnoticSpecter Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2017
    Options
    We'e seen some mythics offered in elite packs several times and others not offered at all. So they are not equally difficult/easy to get.
  • ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The current pack was designed by Hibernum before they went out of business.  The last few were made by Octagon.  
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nod. So hopefully they will look at the sales figures from the 2 and work out a good long term plan that makes us spend money and/or drain our crystals.

I strongly suspect they will modify the way these things are done, they just had to dip back to an old one since they are slightly busy with other things right now I would believe...
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The current pack was designed by Hibernum before they went out of business.  The last few were made by Octagon.  
    Those were the Kaladesh packs designed by Hibernum when unobtainium came out, I believe. 
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Nope, the original kaladesh packs only featured 3-4 masterpieces, all swords in the very first one, no rares, and no baral  :) so they must have Been new.
  • ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The recent packs were filled with cards that had been for individual sale.  They have never been in the Elite pack beforehand.