A Mostly Accurate 4* Ranking (Final Update 8/11/18)

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind said:
    I'm curious to see how Mockingbird will be received. I just champed her the other day and found great success pairing her with character that have high-ish AP cost but deal decent damage.

If I ever pull anything other than purple for her, I'll let you know. I've sold like five.
    I think she's kind of the Star-Lord of fights where the AI makes matches. Except her Red is pretty much better than SLs. and her Purple is... probably better than SLs. Less CD synergy (although still some), but come on. Firing powers for free is hilariously good.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Awesome document, but one problem with it:  "Lockjaw holds the distinction of being the first non-human playable character in MPQ."

Devil Dinosaur is waving his tiny little arms, trying to get your attention...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Awesome document, but one problem with it:  "Lockjaw holds the distinction of being the first non-human playable character in MPQ."

Devil Dinosaur is waving his tiny little arms, trying to get your attention...
    Howard the Duck and Rocket and Groot are standing next to her.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind said:
    Okay, fine, I changed it to "four-legged" instead of "non-human." Friggin' nerds.
    Much better since it also sidesteps the issue of whether Lockjaw is a mutated Inhuman or not. (official canon is that he is not, he's just a dog by the way)
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Diogenes runs in with a plucked Howard, screaming "Behold! A man!" ;)
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Jarvind, thank you for maintaining this.

As for the word soufflé that is K4te Hawkeye, her lines come from the panels of some Hawkeye issue. It does sound like someone trying too hard to speak like kids these days.

I found it in the third image of a "Hawkeye boomerang arrow" Google search.
  • BearVenger
    And tell you what, Vulture is a sneaky survivor. I've had a surprising number of 3-on-1 rally wins with him.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Is there a mostly accurate 5* ranking somewhere  in the forum?
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    talleman said:
    Is there a mostly accurate 5* ranking somewhere  in the forum?
    Not from me. I was considering it, but I've only skimmed the surface of the 5* game, so I'm not totally confident in my ability to rank, say, 5* Steve, since I've literally never used my 4/2/1 copy once. 

I'm working with Banner, Phoenix and a partly leveled Gambit right now, with a Daredevil cover rotting so I'm racing the clock to champ him. I may devise a 5* guide once I feel like I've got a good handle on everyone's niche, but right now it's not a priority.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks for keeping this updated

Really helping decide which order to slowly but surely champ my 4* characters
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    brisashi said:
    Thanks for keeping this updated

Really helping decide which order to slowly but surely champ my 4* characters
    Me, too! MANY thanks... I've used this resource so much. <3
  • dannyj
    dannyj Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Carol, Beast, and Star Lord could hang with 5* teams on damage output. If only they had the hit points to stay upright. 
  • dannyj
    zodiac339 said:
    I think Hobo is a character whose suggested build depends totally on the team he's on. 5/5/3 if he's generating black for someone else, 5/3/5 if you have a better green user, 3/5/5 if there's a strike tile generator elsewhere on your team. I think that versatility makes him so interesting. 
    My personal though is that if you don't have another strike tile generator, then you shouldn't bother using Chi Focus. Until there are enough that he can start fortifying them and generating AP, it's a waste of AP to get one single strike. Of course, that opinion comes from the number of times that strike gets destroyed pretty much immediately.
    Since I got my last cover for C&D, I changed him to 355. His black used to be too slow to build, but now pairing those two with Cage gives you all the black and yellow nukes you could want and it is rainbow, so no wasted matches. 
  • BearVenger
    dannyj said:
    Carol, Beast, and Star Lord could hang with 5* teams on damage output. If only they had the hit points to stay upright. 
    Wait, Beast?
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    dannyj said:
    Wait, Beast?
    I ran C4rol with Beast during his last PvP. For six blue, he creates a mix of three A/P/S tiles, which C4rol insta-buffs. He has a decent AoE for that tier too. 
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    And with the fore-mentioned St4r-Lord, Beast's blue only costs 4 if the reduction has been qualified. I've gushed about this team too much on the Beast character thread. It's too bad the AI will not wait to have a blue special tile out to fire his green when on defense though. 
  • dannyj
    DarthDeVo said:
    dannyj said:
    Wait, Beast?
    I ran C4rol with Beast during his last PvP. For six blue, he creates a mix of three A/P/S tiles, which C4rol insta-buffs. He has a decent AoE for that tier with SL ap reduction out, Carol can resolve tiles for 3 yellows and Beast blues costs 4. SL purple help boost special tiles too. They very quickly ramp up to a few thousand each. 
  • dannyj
    SL ap cost reduction means Carol’s yellow costs 3 and Beast’ss blue costs 4 and instantly buffs the tiles he puts out. SL has purple CDs that help buff as well. Special tiles can quickly ramp up to several thousand each
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Just wanted to add a small correction to Rogue's description. She can reduce 75% damage at 5 yellow covers and all members alive (25% for herself also). I personally tested this and added some info on the forum. I assume you know, but didn't manage to change the description, as you didn't rank her yet, but wanted to remind you for when you do :)