Please Balance Bolas properly before release. We don't need another post-release Nerf thread. Thanks

Options
13»

Comments

• Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    rafalele said:
    Hi.

I just have played against a 60 level Nicol Bolas with a non cycling deck in platinum Training grounds match.

It was horrible to watch my Samut deck dying so fast.

These were the cards I managed to see on it: Reason, Ominiscence, Olivia, Sundering Titan, Dreadwaters and Hour of Devastation. 

I presume this is the kind of decks we are going to see in events and Trainig Grounds so it is a pity.

I am waiting to get Nicol Bolas with crystals to build a deck that could stand a little more playing  against Nicol Bolas Super decks (I do not have already Ominiscence, Sundering Titan and Hour of Devastation :( ). 

The issue in that scenario is Omniscience, not Bolas.

• wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rafalele said:
    Hi.

I just have played against a 60 level Nicol Bolas with a non cycling deck in platinum Training grounds match.

These were the cards I managed to see on it: Reason, Ominiscence, Olivia, Sundering Titan, Dreadwaters and Hour of Devastation. 

I presume this is the kind of decks we are going to see in events and Trainig Grounds so it is a pity.

I am waiting to get Nicol Bolas with crystals to build a deck that could stand a little more playing  against Nicol Bolas Super decks (I do not have already Ominiscence, Sundering Titan and Hour of Devastation :( ). 
    The problem there isn't entirely because Bolas. More it's because Omnicence is a broken card. Not to mention the deck had multiple masterpieces.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,435 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rafalele said:
    Hi.

With or without Omniscience ... that was a legacy build. Not all too uncommon to see builds like this in that format. But, Omniscience is broken six ways to Sunday for sure though.

Bolas' mana gains are piddly in terms of other PW but his color access is pretty deadly, So in all fairness he's balanced somewhat. What I don't care for are the abilities. We have enough zombie related loyalties as it is. I like Bolas' loyalty one. it's fine and the AI can use it well. Loyalty 2 could have been better, like give a creature eternalize at the lower levels and give all creatures on the battlefield and in your hand Eternalize by level 60. Loyalty 3 should have been Reinforce one creature with eternalize at the lower levels and reinforce all creatures with eternalize times the number of zombies on the battlefield. This would have maintained the theme... especially since it's the eternals that Bolas leads. My two cents

• wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    rafalele said:
    Hi.

With or without Omniscience ... that was a legacy build. Not all too uncommon to see builds like this in that format. But, Omniscience is broken six ways to Sunday for sure though.

Bolas' mana gains are piddly in terms of other PW but his color access is pretty deadly, So in all fairness he's balanced somewhat. What I don't care for are the abilities. We have enough zombie related loyalties as it is. I like Bolas' loyalty one. it's fine and the AI can use it well. Loyalty 2 could have been better, like give a creature eternalize at the lower levels and give all creatures on the battlefield and in your hand Eternalize by level 60. Loyalty 3 should have been Reinforce one creature with eternalize at the lower levels and reinforce all creatures with eternalize times the number of zombies on the battlefield. This would have maintained the theme... especially since it's the eternals that Bolas leads. My two cents

I actually really like the third loyalty ability. Don't really care that he turns the creature into a zombie and does damage, but being able to reanimate my last creature is really handy, especially when your opponent is also Bolas, and he's just using his first ability to kill what critters you have out.

The second one could have even just been card draw and I would have been fine with that, but getting zombies can help if you're play against a heavy kill deck.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,435 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wereotter said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    rafalele said:
    Hi.

I actually really like the third loyalty ability. Don't really care that he turns the creature into a zombie and does damage, but being able to reanimate my last creature is really handy, especially when your opponent is also Bolas, and he's just using his first ability to kill what critters you have out.

The second one could have even just been card draw and I would have been fine with that, but getting zombies can help if you're play against a heavy kill deck.

Good point. I guess I more or less am saying that I would like to see set-based abilities that can be used in the long term,.

Samut is an excellent example of this. Her set based abilities can be applied to any creature she plays regardless of set.

Imagine being able to eternalize units for insurance... Discard? go ahead. Removal? I dare you. A great way to cheat out a unit or a defense against removal and discard heavy decks while maintaining their respective text

Anyways, purely wishful thinking, never you mind me. lol

• Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bken1234 said:

Shrine was $7.99. 
    That was a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bken1234 said:

Shrine was $7.99. 
    That was a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away
    coming soon in Dec, both the movie and i suspect good mtgpq deals for the holiday season. :)

my mtgpq cup is half full since Octagon took over and dropped some welcomed changes to the game.
  • ertaii
    ertaii Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Does anyone have any idea how much crystals Bolas will cost ? I'd gladly spend on booster packs but the other hand I want to keep enough for bolas when he'll be available in vault...
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @blacklotus I'm looking forward to that movie. 
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ertaii said:
    Does anyone have any idea how much crystals Bolas will cost ? I'd gladly spend on booster packs but the other hand I want to keep enough for bolas when he'll be available in vault...
    my guess is more than the dual color pw. i think having around 1500 crystals in 3 weeks time should be sufficient. 
  • ertaii
    ertaii Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ertaii said:
    my guess is more than the dual color pw. i think having around 1500 crystals in 3 weeks time should be sufficient. 
    Wow that's a lot. If that's true, so long for the booster packs...
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Fits, doesnt it? Make a big sale now, while bolas available. So either you miss packs now, or pay to buy crystals for bolas later, or buy bolas now at full price ;)