Ideal timing for 2d PVE

Addaran
Addaran Posts: 72 Match Maker
Hey all! For normal 1d PVE sub, i know you're supposed to do 4 clears when it start then 2 just before the end.
What about 2d sub? (Most of the time i won't notice and just do like always before noticing.....)

Still 4 then 2? 4 clears at first, 1 after a day and 1 at the end?

Can you get really good value out of 7 clears? (85%+ for the last 3 clears?) If i wanted to compensate for not having some essential and still have more progression.

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Normal start, one in the middle, as close as possible to when they hit full points again, and then as many as you usually do at the end. Basically, a total of one more clear than you would usually do.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    The seventh clear gives you more Points than you would otherwise have gotten, so if you want to play it, play it. The whole "optimal play" philosophy is really all about making sure the nodes are Worth as many Points as possible when you come back to clear them Before the end.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Optimal clear for a 1D is 4 at the start, 3 at the end for a total of 7.
    Optimal clear for a 2D is 4 at the start, 1 at 24H recycle, 3 at the end, for a total of 8.

The extra 24 hours makes and 8th clear the point value of the typical 7th clear.

You only really need to worry about optimal clearing for high placement consideration.  You mentioned compensating for not having an essential, if you are only worried about getting progression without an essential there are several ways to do it.  Optimal 6 or 7 (8 on a 2D) on the nodes you have would be more than enough to get you progression if you're only missing 1 essential, might be pushing it missing 2 or more (but expect the 5* you get the covers from progression so should only miss a day or two).  If you're missing an essential placements probably a pipe dream regardless.

TL;DR really depends on what your end game is and how many/which essentials your missing to truly answer your question.
  • Addaran
    Addaran Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Thanks you three.

I guess i could have been more precise. When i say ideal/optimal, i meant for the progression reward. I'm at SCL 3 3-4 usually. What i really want is the last HP reward. Depending who's the last 3* cover, i'll want it or don't care.

Last two event, i had only the 2* essential. The two before that, i had the 2* and 3*.

For normal 1D sub, i normaly only do 6 clears. (4 with the loaner mission, since it drops faster) If i'm really close to a reward or have lots of time, i might tap some missions more.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    For progression rewards if you have all but the 5* required is 5 clears (this completely ignores when you do any of them, doing the 5th immediately should get you it).  This doesn't change for 2D subs I don't believe.

If you don't have 3* or 4* you should get them from progression rewards (unless your SCL is too low for the 4* reward, should definitely get the 3* though).  

If it were me I would do sub one as optimally as you can with the nodes you have.  That will help you earn the required characters sooner.  Once you get them roster them.  It's worth the slot if you have the 1000 HP, if not sell a low ranked 4* or 3* you have few covers for.  In the early game it's good practice have a floating open slot to put in the required character (even if you end up selling it next event).  The points and rewards from the nodes generally make this worth it.

I hope that helps.
  • Quebbster
    I Believe two-day subs also require five clears of all nodes to reach all progression rewards. It just happens to be a lot easier since you can get the fifth clear att full Points after 24 hours. In Deadpool vs MPQ you can usually reach final progression at the start of the second sub if you've gotten enough Points from the first sub.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    This is helpful. I'm not a big fan of 2 day subs, but the upside is the HP reward is doubled and up from T50 to T100, making placement a bit easier.
  • Mines
    Mines Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Is it optimal, for placement, to let the node hit full point on 2 days subs or hit it right before 24hrs, close to full points in order for it to gain more points on the next recycle? 
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    And to piggyback on this, will the Roll the Dice node in MR&G stay for the whole event or go away after the 2 day sub?  Just so I know if I have to finish all the clears tomorrow or not.
  • Quebbster
    Mines said:
    Is it optimal, for placement, to let the node hit full point on 2 days subs or hit it right before 24hrs, close to full points in order for it to gain more points on the next recycle? 

You need to let it refresh in full to get maximum Points. If you hit it with 10 minutes remaining, that increases the countdown to 24 hours and 10 minutes, so it is impossible to have it recharge to full on the second recycle.
    And to piggyback on this, will the Roll the Dice node in MR&G stay for the whole event or go away after the 2 day sub?  Just so I know if I have to finish all the clears tomorrow or not.

It stays until the end of the event. No need to clear it early.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Thank you.