***** Daredevil (Matt Murdock) ***** Updated (1/4/19)

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

OML would probably be a nice partner to Daredevil too since he also pumps out strike tiles. Sonar strike? Here, have some strike tiles!

OML is still too weak for high level PvP but they would probably make a good grinding duo for PvE.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    What is the optimal build for him?  Eyeballing him while not being in 5* land yet I'm guess 5/3/5.  Is that right?  If not what is optimal and why?
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    That’s what I was thinking as well but then I realised gambit blocked purple so maybe 5/5/3 instead?
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    @broll
    Depends who you run him with, with my roster I like either 5/4/4 or 5/3/5. But I don't have a champed Gambit, yet. 5/5/3 would probably be best with him.
  • broll
    I'll most likely be running him as solo 5* for a week, then paired with 5* Thanos and fill in the blank 4* for the forseeaable future.  My Gambit is only 3/3/2 and I'm hoarding until DD leaves so that's not likely to change much/at all.  If I were to pair him with a 3rd 5* it would certainly be BP as he's 5/4/2 and already at 360.  I could see pumping him to max (420) but most likely I would focus ISO elsewhere unless I feel it's necessary to compete.
  • Milk Jugz
    DD/Thanos is a good combo. Court Death makes sure DD keeps pumping out strikes, while his heal makes sure it doesn't kill him. I'd say 5/3/5 with Thanos and use Thanos green over DD's. Don't use Thanos purple though, unless you have to, it will prevent DD from making more strikes. DD only heals X times 5 strike tiles, but he'll keep making them past 5.
  • broll
    edited November 2017
    Milk Jugz thanks for the sanity check, that's pretty much verbatim what I was planning for.
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2017
    I made a new video showing off 5* Daredevil, check it out and see what you think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fkRNVKq2ps&feature=youtu.be  
  • kennn712
    kennn712 Posts: 69 Match Maker
    DD will most likely be my first 5* champ. Who are some decent 4* partners for him for the time being as I level Thanos?
  • Milk Jugz
    kennn712 said:
    DD will most likely be my first 5* champ. Who are some decent 4* partners for him for the time being as I level Thanos?
    Anyone that has a cheap, decent stun, Gamora is great. Iceman is ok, but a lot of color overlap. MrF has a good stun. There are others too.... The damage DD adds to a stunned enemy is staggering.
  • kennn712
    I watched the above video and I'm still unsure how the Sonar damage is added. Is it onto every instance of damage (attack & strike tiles etc.)?
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Yes sonar strike adds damage to every instance ie damage from attack tiles , countdown tiles, and matches etc...
    Plus damage from strike tiles gets added to it and it piles up really fast . You can easily get upwards of 10k damage per turn with little effort once the enemy is stunned 
  • Milk Jugz
    edited November 2017
    Yes, it's really great if you have strikes and attacks out. Stun the enemy, power damage with the strikes added, DD damages plus strikes, match damage plus strikes, DD damages again plus strikes, attacks damage plus strikes, DD damages again plus strikes. Like I said it is staggering, I've dropped a 70k+ Thanos in one turn
  • kennn712
    Oh wow that seems super powerful! Didn't really think of it like that. Super excited for my DD!
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Milk Jugz said:
    kennn712 said:
    Anyone that has a cheap, decent stun, Gamora is great. Iceman is ok, but a lot of color overlap. MrF has a good stun. There are others too.... The damage DD adds to a stunned enemy is staggering.
    Oh, Mr F sounds like a fun partner. Get out Imaginaut, and each R/G/Y match deals damage 4 times, boosted by any strike tiles you have, when the target is stunned. Match, Sonar Strike, Imaginaut damage, Sonar Strike.
  • Alphateam
    Alphateam Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    I just got him to 451. Just a machine. 46k in match damage when using a critical tile. 
  • Vold
    Vold Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    This is probably old news by now, but since

I just got my first Matt Murdock cover (Green)
    and I'm already loving it so far. I would like to share my thoughts on this

Personally, after experimenting with crazy ideas, I find it to be very effective even with just one cover.

You can:
    • Use as an Attack Tile for 5 rounds before disappearing.
    • You match it to gain 5-8 Green AP back.
    • Enemy match and get hit by 2290-4030 damage and a new counter will replace it, Counter will refresh to 5x round.
    • Destroying the tile is considered as matching by the enemy.

How do we destroy the tile?
    • Random hit by (Thunder clap, Unstoppable crash, Lightning strikes, Hex Bolt?, etc.)
    • Precision strikes (pistols, snipers, Rogue Punch?, Kingpin Nudge?, Gwen's Sploits?, etc.)
    • 4x matches.

If Cyclops (Classic) can target green tiles, that will be so cool...
    5x5 chance of hitting it...

**** Green vs *** Red
    Pros:
    1. Green tile can be activated by 4x match strike.
    Red used to be able to do that but not anymore...
    2. Green's enemy matches will still create a new Countdown (CD)
    Red's enemy matches will permanently remove it after effect.
    3. Your match will gain AP back like *** Blue. So it's a mix of two skills in one.
    4. If no one can match it, it'll still do damage to the enemy like an Attack Tile
    5. If destroyed by (tile destroying powers) it'll trigger like an enemy match. We can trigger more then 2x CD with the right skills, inflicting huge multiple damages

Cons:
    1. You can make multiple Green CDs tiles but if all are destroyed, only 1x will be recreated, not all of them.
    2. 3x AP more required then it's Red counterpart

This is a sneak peak for Matt's power list video which sadly won't come any time soon.
    for I don't have a fully upgraded Matt or the story mode does not let us try him out with 5x3x5 skills...

So here's a small vid for all those waiting for the full video. :)

This shows 3x main ways of using this skill.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    kennn712 said:
    I watched the above video and I'm still unsure how the Sonar damage is added. Is it onto every instance of damage (attack & strike tiles etc.)?

One small note to Sonar Strike: First the damage for a cascade + attack tiles + end of turn damage (like his green) is applied, then the game checks whether your current (not the one that was hit by the attacks) target is stunned. If yes, DD does his bonus damage once for each seperate instance of damage you did. (with strike tiles increasing every single instance of that bonus damage)

So if your attacks kill the stunned target and your new target is not stunned, Sonar Strike won't trigger.

On the other hand, if you kill an unstunned character with a 4 hit cascade, 2 attack tiles and the green CD, and your new target is stunned, that new target will take 6 (4 from the matches, 1 from the attack tiles and 1 from the green CD) hits from Sonar strike, despite not having taken a single point of damage before.

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    As I learned from this week's story event, at least some powers that both do damage and stun (namely Clobberin' Time) trigger the bonus damage immediately. So presumably the stun resolves first and the damage second. Random stuns+damage (Reality Crush) may not work this way.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    any idea how DD sonar strike passive and BP panther’s prey ability (black) stack?

will DD sonar strike ability double dip on BP black?