Hero points: where to spend

Tintaiwan
Tintaiwan Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
Hi,

I have extra slots (my main HP expense up until now)

I have been buying the daily deals for 100.  But now have a surplus.  

What do others think the best options are?
Tagged:

Comments

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Keep saving it. You'll need loads when you get to 3* dupes, and in the meantime there are shields and the occasional HfH offer to pay for.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Roster slots.
    Then roster slots.
    And then some more roster slots.

Seriously, buy roster slots and roster slots only.
    You'll never have enough of them.
    Im at 210 and still buying them.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle said:
    Roster slots.
    Then roster slots.
    And then some more roster slots.

Seriously, buy roster slots and roster slots only.
    You'll never have enough of them.
    Im at 210 and still buying them.
    This. You can genuinely never have too many. Not having enough is a significant problem as you grow your roster.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    It doesn't hurt to have a HP stash for when cool vaults pop up with good deals.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    My gamependium is out of date but...

I needed about 130 slots before not really needing anymore.  I am farming all the normal 2*s.  I have 3 1*s (2 for giving team-ups, Juggernaut for clearing Tacos).  I've rostered Bag-Man (I used to have Devil Dino, but I had to sell him for slots back when I didn't have as much and needed the slot).

I'm currently 142 slots.  I am only missing 9 characters in the game (Thor and Osborn as the 5's, the rest are all 1's, and the new 4* Hulk which should be rostered by this weekend.)

To proper power the champion rewards engine, 120-130 slots is needed.

The secret truth to this game is that it's a job.
  • ChattyWhacker
    ChattyWhacker Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2017
    Honestly, I'm still debating myself on this subject.  I've found that after 4 or 5 weeks I end up with a surplus of around 3000 hp's and I have in the past just been purchasing the 10 card heroic token pack for 2800 hp.  As a background of my progress, I am currently maxed out on 4*'s (in other words they are all almost champed) and may be soon moving onto 5*'s.  I am farming my 2*'s and 3*'s so opening the 10 card pack seems to be useful.  However, when doing the math, those 10 card draws are 280 hp each rather than the usual daily 100 hp.  Since that seems to be a waste of the tokens, I suppose I can focus on saving up for Hero for Hire but with only the newest 4*'s covers are needed with my roster, then I don't think the HfH is worth it either.  I can see the benefit of having the extra slots for the future but that just seems to be a long term use rather than a short term use with the 10pack draw.  So, I guess overall the extra slots are useful in the future.  I just can't find their use in the short term.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've always told myself that if I ever got to the point where I had a stockpile of HP with nothing to spend it on I'd probably buy 40x for the free LTs.  But like Bow suggested roster slots are always a need and I've never come close to a stockpile.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was doing well with an HP surplus right up until I had a half-dozen 3-stars get within a few levels of being max champed. Suddenly, those roster slots opened up, and 5000 HP vanished in a puff of smoke.